Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just bought a 63 ranchero have???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SLAMIT, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's a beauty!! holy shit. we were fucking around sunday after the meetup and landon brought out his mid-60's triumph bobber and blasted it around. what a hoot that thing is. you guys make me want to hard tail my sportster and go all out.

that's a sweet bike eric. is it here? or do you still own it, or?

way cool.

2. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

It'll be here in about 2 weeks. gonna bring it too voodoo prolly.

also gonna have a bsa 441 victor single in a triupmh 500 frame that my pal and I hard tailed. gonna get it to a roller. lets start tearing yours apart.

3. geemann51

geemann51

Ha... Fond memories, I miss collaborating with you...

Looks cool and I love the nod keeping it red and silver. I always thought that body style screamed panels, fades to be specific. but then again you may not want to go that far. If you do, truck it out to my pal Jeff Myers.

Anyway, keeping it real, I always loved the flattened cherry color Cole did on that truck with the steel headliner. The touches of white make it come off so sanitary. My first take on the body is a neat cal custom style tube grill that you could whip up when your in one of your artist moods, torque thrusts and pinners, other than that straighten, tighten and tune...

Then again; considering you got red and white interior and a Texas heritage, what about a flat Washington blue (hmm a Ford color?), a discrete lone star, some white pinstriping, topped off with a Dale Watson sticker? I'm liking that..... I should drive by that shop here in town, be a hoot if they had the bed trim layoing out back...

Anyway, way cool. Once things stabilize around here financially, I'll fly up for a long weekend and drink some Key-Light with ya'.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  4. geemann51

geemann51

Oh yeah, one last question; Does Julie know you're out buying cars and swilling beer all over her computer when she's out of town?
    :):):)

5. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

hahahaha. well she kinda encouraged it I guess she was worried about me getting to bored and lonely. hahahaha.

I do like the lonestar idea too. but that pickup of coles you speak of is amazing as well. and that was kinda the flattend color I was picturing so who knows.

First things first. SLAMIT hahaha and get a good exhuast note out the ass end then its on to put lipstick on the pig.

Gregg I cant wait for you to come out here and visit with us.

6. geemann51

geemann51

I don't know of the color is accurately replicated, but here's blue (sans the coffee stains)

[​IMG]

7. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

That is perfect. kinda reminds me of the von franco t bucket way back in the day

8. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

So i just got home for lunch and decided to see what engine I have. according to classic inliners website based on my five freeze plugs and 3 bolt water pump I have a 64 and up 200ci 7 main bearing motor. fuckin rad. I also notice that I have a holley carb on there that doesnt look like any I have seen on the other sixes. It also has an adapter that turns the carb 90 degrees. Is this stock or not?????
    also pulled the cap and found a fresh set of points and the cap and rotor look new. the wires also look newer.
    way cool to find this out for sure.

Eric

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

62 has vertical grille bars, 63 has horizontal grille bars.

10. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Nice. The dash pad is very unusual on a plain Ranchero, backup lights are a little more common, the bed looks exceptional. You don't often see an interior that nice with such weathered looking paint. Great project, the klind that won't break the bank to have a cool trucklet.

-KK

11. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Word!!!

12. Payaso

Payaso

WTF!!! I was just posting basically the same damn thing! NO JOKE...your interior screams two tone outdoors...either red body with metalflake silver roof...or white body with a metalflake roof...definitely 4 lug spiders and skinny whites...and Yes...Lay that MoFo out...

Rear bumper deleted...trim ditched...Badass...

Can't wait to see it...
    MONDO

13. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Payaso I like the rear bumper delete thing for sure.

Hit me up anytime and come hang out

Eric
    831-535-2206

14. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Believe it or not, JC Whitney has springs CHEAP...also St. Louis Spring, in St. Louis, MO.....here was my 61....

[​IMG]

15. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

JC whitney. fing great Idea I will check it out...

Eric

16. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

cool ranchy by the way!!!

17. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Jc whitney,, 104 a piece, no bushings

18. Ghost28

Ghost28

Thiis a friends 61. He spent most of the summer just replacing floor panels, and putting it back to stock form. He sold his ford ranger, so he could drive this as his daily.

Attached Files:

19. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Rad. I like.

I need me some of that side / bed trim

20. This is out of an older catalog, they are right here in Bend. If you want to use old springs I have some. Bed trim is the same 60 to 65.

21. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Cool. Im glad that I have a few more years of bed trim to search.

I might be interested in those springs.

22. Dearborn repopps the bed trim too. They have almost everything Ranchero, Falcon, and Galaxie. Good folks and high quality stuff.

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

my buddy just bought a 63 falcon wagon. you guys should hang out.

24. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

We could be Falcon Buddies. hehehe.

Come check this thing out man.....

25. MAC50

MAC50
    from Illinois

Here is my 60 before I started and present, Not quite finished yet

Attached Files:

26. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Way cool.
    Kinda what Geemann was gettin at with Color. I like it

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

no doubt. i will.

28. Check the rear, upper shock mounts.

29. whoa someone put a 200 in it with a weber/holley? thats rad! hopefully the motor is in good shape. those run pretty strong. i have the bed trim, i'll make sure i have a full set tommorrow, if your interested i'll make you a good deal.

30. duste01

duste01

makes me want the one I had back. Anyone got one for sale around Ky?