Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Moving to Nashville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSwann, Jan 8, 2010.

1. JimSwann

JimSwann

We are moving to Nashville, Tn. in a week. Is there anyone here that can steer me toward any Nashville car clubs that are into the HAMB friendly Rods. I have found a few that are into Street Rods, Muscle Cars, Etc..., but that is not my thing.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

About all I've seen are billet bandits! If you have an import car you can do the Burgers and Cream thing! (I just threw up a little)

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

there are lots of the tenn.poorboys around nashvegas.also a couple pretty good swapmeets coming up in the next 2-4 weeks. there is 1 this weekend also, frostywheels. get in touch with gator or earl schieb here on the hamb.both really good folks. welcome to the south. roll tide

4. 6mopar7

6mopar7

Welcome to TN !

John

5. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Oh yeah....welcome to Tn!

Really there are quite a few HAMB guys around here (actually a bunch). I just don't know of any clubs. ;)

6. Zeke

Zeke

There's the TN\Iraq\Afghanistan Vagabonds chapter..... OH wait thats me

7. JimSwann

JimSwann

Thanks Guys, stoked about living in Nashville. My daily ride is a 1935 Ford Pickup and it will be driven from Mt. Airy, NC to Nashville, TN. I hope in 1 day, but ya never know.

8. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Welcome to TN.....

9. Hey Jim,

Glad to have ya in the neighborhood! I admit I started life as a billet lovin streetrodder but over the past years have come to love a well built traditional rod (as well as originals). I still like and admire a streetrod now and then but bias-ply over rads is becoming my thing.

Rick

10. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

Bring your guns...(if you're really moving into Nashville) "Slashville"
    Be careful and have fun. Have friends (music) there...
    Good move from Mayberry to Nashville.

11. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

check out the Poor Boys C.C. nationwide group on here or Poor Boys Tennessee on Myspace

12. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Welcome to TN...I'm about 30 miles south of Nashville in the Boro...you're gonna like it here.

13. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

go to www.4mhrc.net - murfreesboro hot rod club - hot rod oriented - only 1 close to you

14. cgwarrant

cgwarrant

Welcome from western KY, about 2 hrs from Nash. Mt. Airy... the original Mayberry, right? Used to live in Morehead City (and no, the name didn't mean a damn thing!)... went through Mt Airy area a couple of times- pretty country, and not too much different from Nashville as far as terrain goes. Hope you enjoy it, and have a great road trip!

15. JimSwann

JimSwann

Thanks Guys, we are definately stoked to be living in Nashville. We have rented a house with a 1 car garage and plan to buy a place as soon as we get the feel of the city. The Wife wants to buy a nice house with a garage, I want a nice garage with a house. I guess a compromise is in order.

Looking forward to meeting some of the Middle Tenn. HAMBers.

Jim

16. Let us know where in Nashville you end up and we'll try to hook up with ya at some car events.

17. 54 savoy

54 savoy

yea,i don't know of any clubs but like was mentioned a couple swap meets coming up,i'm sure good guys will be back this year,there's a saturday night local car show in franklin {about thirty miles south on 65} in the spring summer,i grew up in nash,still have all my friends and family there so if you have any questions about the area or anything p.m. me i'll be glad to help.

18. Tacson

Tacson

Jim,

Welcome to Nashville. I live 30 miles southeast in Murfreesboro. There is a huge cruise every Friday evening in M'boro at the Avenue shopping center, Exit 76 off I-24. On Saturday nights there is a huge cruise in at Providence shopping center Exit 226 Off I-40. You will past the Providence shopping center on your way into Nashville. There is the one at Franklin. Also there is a cruise in up in Hendersonville, north of Nashville, at the Home Depot on Friday nights. I would say go to the cruise in and you will meet up with some Muscle Car guys. I am not sure of finding a "club" but you may find some guys to run around with. I have a 55 Ford F100. If you see it out come over and holler. Definitely get in touch with Mike (Earl Scheib) real good guy. The Goodguys car show is like May 20 or so at the Tennessee Titans stadium. Welcome again to Middle TN

19. 54 savoy

54 savoy

hey tacson,i've heard that cruise in m-boro was huge,is it all year or just warm weather?

20. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

From what I saw when I was living in Nashville. Alot of the car clubs in town are about the look and fashion of the "car culture". Tons of cool people and alot of fakers.

21. Tacson

Tacson

It is just warm weather normally from the First Friday in May to the 1st Friday in October

22. Welcome to town. Nashvegas has plenty of car and bike guys running all over town. Once the weather warms a bit, you will notice them out and about.

23. JimSwann

JimSwann

Well, the movers packed all the big crap. I think 2 of them have hernias from my tool box. Ill be driving a small Uhaul to N-ville with enough crap to tide us over. My old truck has to stay in NC for a few weeks, but Ill be back to get it. Anyone interested in a roadtrip and an 8hr ride in to N-ville in "The Beater"?

24. papastoyss

papastoyss

Welcome to Middle Tennessee. I live in Lebanon. Other posters have mentioned the warm weather cruise-ins, there all a good time. Don't miss the swap meet at Nashville fairgrounds Sun. Feb 7. It opens at 6:30 am. Myself & the world famous Earl Scheib have spots in Bld. F , 77-79. Whether or not you need/have room for any of our junk /quality used parts stop & say hello.

25. JimSwann

JimSwann

Thanks Guys, we made it to Nashville. Other than a flatulent dog, it was a great trip.

26. Tacson

Tacson

27. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i'll be there too.i'll have on a coat that says huntsville speedway. yell at me ifn ya see me

28. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Hey Jim...Big swap meet Sunday February 7th at the Nashville Fair grounds. Open to the public at 6:30AM. Wedgewood Ave exit off I-65 south....
    Welcome again to Nashville.....