Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from SW Michigan

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Griznant, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Griznant

Griznant

Hello! My name's Grant, and I've joined the HAMB because I finally have a car that should be acceptable here (I hope). I've been into VWs, and other 60s European cars for many years, but I've always had my eyes open for a classic American cruiser. For Christmas my wife bought me a '54 Buick Century that I've had my eyes on for months. Killer deal, even though I had to pull it up on the trailer just as a snowstorm was in full swing.

My plans are to set this one up as a cruiser first, and then worry about body-mods and paint after. The 322 Nailhead runs, the Dynaflow *mostly* works, and the car is fairly solid and complete. The floors and rockers need attention, as do a few small holes around the headlight bezels, trunk floor, and rear quarters. We recently moved, so my entire collection is scattered in storage throughout the county, and I have to wait until spring to build a new barn before I can really do any major work on it. :( Until then, I'll be doing what little stuff I can here at work, and picking up parts as I find them. Here are few pictures, and thanks for letting me in! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Welcome. Where you at in SW Michigan?

3. Griznant

Griznant

Edwardsburg.

4. oldtin

oldtin

Welcome aboard. You must have just gotten that buick home, there hasn't been that much snow here until lately.

5. Griznant

Griznant

Thanks. Yep, just drug it home on 12/30. We get a mess of lake-effect snow down here so we've had quite a piling on for the last few weeks.

6. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Alright, im over near Pontiac area.

7. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from ga