Register now to get rid of these ads!

MUST READ or QUIT the H.A.M.B

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cole, Jan 7, 2010.

1. lownrusty

lownrusty

WOW!! friggin amazing!!

2. wow....i am speechless....thanks for the link cole.

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

everything should be built to that quality!!!! thanks for the link Cole

4. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

X2.
    Awesome workmanship.
    I wish them luck with their goals of speed.
    Thanks for the link Cole.

5. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

wow ! 11 years 2 guys and a pair of vice grips for a steering wheel :)

incredible workmanship.

6. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Wow that thing is amazing!!!!!That was one hell of a pic gallery thanks cole!!!!

7. Thanks Cole. Incredible work!! Truely gifted craftman.

8. He's a legend around these parts...for sure.

9. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

Man, the craftsmanship on that car is unbelievable! Thanks for the link.

10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Outstanding workmanship for sure. Wish them all the best. Lippy

11. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Amazing craftmanship.....

One of the best posts lately......

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hey Cole, here's another one.:D [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  13. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

This will be my first year on the Salt and posts like this one is like making a little kid waiting for Christmas. August is Soooooo far away. Fantastic craftsmanship.

14. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

15. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

nuff said!!!!:d

16. big creep

big creep

yea WOW for sure! that thing is killer!

17. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Okay, I'll quit the HAMB rather than read that post. Oh, wait... too late, nevermind

18. cole

cole

Funny, That you posted Tom Hanna's new car, Tom is very dear to me and my family, one of my best friends and former Salinasboy stand out Corey Conyers came out from Hanna's was with me for 3 or so years and then went home to Kansas ,back to Hanna's

Tom's car is a Super car also , Hume and Hanna's aproach are diffrent in design,streamling and both are works of art ....either or both are capable of setting the wheel driven land speed record. its really the last great open class form of racing left anymore.

Theres another car that could be a contender for the record , and its 42 years old .............its Mickey Thompsons ford Autolite car , his son Danny has it and if he could get sponsored I believe he would take a shot at it .

That car I know well as my Father was first one hired to build it and Dad and Mickey put together a Hot Rod dream team, Art Chrisman, Nye Frank, Tom Job, John Buttera to name a few.

The car did everything right and was reported to have easily broke the record and had been clocked well over it.........stories of Mickey backing off on runs to get another year of sponsorship out of ford by getting close to the number but not getting the record..............Mickeys guy at ford left.......and thats how it stayed.

I know that Danny Thompson let Hanna take a good look at the ol streamliner and Hanna told me the car was up to par and was not out dated the least and with modern engine managment she still could run for the gold.

19. cretin

cretin

Incredible! I hope they reach their goal. Just the trailer is an awesome build! It always amazes me when you see something like this that is a competley functional build, yet it looks better and has far better fabrication and craftmanship and ingenuity then something that's only purpose is to look good.

20. cole

cole

I know the wheel well's in Humes car are part of the aero desighn and to keep the salt out of the inside..........The crazy thing is that there stainless , 10 gauge that Jim had a guy spin the halves.

Jim made the stainless headers and then built another tube over them ( double wall with an air gap) all purged with argon .

Jim let me do stuff(play) at his shop when I was 12 or so at H&H racecraft in Van Nuys Ca. when my Dad built the chassis and Jim did the "Tin work" on Snakes "Army car" Bernsteins "Chelsea King/ Bud King" arrow, ed the Ace "rrrRevellution", "war eagle" to name a few .
    I have an old "Hot Rod" magazine from early sixties..one of you freaks will have it handy........It has a story of a kid in high school that built an olds hot rod motor with transmission carved from wood, im talking .....take the valve cover off and the rocker shaft, rockers, valve springs all perfect all wood maybe a lil under 1/4 scale , the box that it's keeped in alone is a mind bender. anyone have that issue? scan it?

Jim still does every fuel/oil tank for John Force team.

Jim does not have a cell phone, and does not have a computer ,email. RULER.

21. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hi Cole. It's a weird story how I saw the car at Tom's first. We bought some nitro from Pulde and so did Tom. Pulde shipped it to Hanna's and we picked it up there. I had no idea he was building this car. Your right about Hanna and Hume! They are true craftsmen!. I'll have to drop in Tom's and check on the progress. Your right, Tom is a great guy. Lippy

[​IMG]

22. A couple of pics from my visit in 2004

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Awesome!! thanks for the link Cole

24. For those of you that don't know, Jim Hume was one half of H&H racecraft. Les Davenport was an alky dragster racer. Marlo has been a salt racer for decades.

25. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Cole, thank you for posting this. I was just wandering what you have been up to. I havent seen you post in a while, and now this. This workmenship is incredible! The engineering and planning is second to none.

Thanks again Cole.

Jeff

26. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

Jim Hume is a Hero for sure...!

I will never forget him taking an hour or so of his time to try and help a Young Punk named Rich Pauza with the do's & dont's of gas welding aluminum over 20 years ago.

Cole, you were one lucky dude - being able to spend time with craftsmen like Jim & Your pop.

To me anyway, the COOLEST thing about the cars Jim & Tom are building is the fact both cars are completly ( UN COMPROMIZED ) - Projects owned buy Guy's who just want the best work possable - No ridiculous time frame's - No Un-realistic budgets - they supply the parts & fund's, And let Two Auesome Fabricators / designers / Artists just Rip...!

Just Kick ASS..!

It dont get ANY better than that..!

Thanks Again for the link.

Hey I know he won't touch a Puter, But why don't ya print all these coments & give them to him..?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  27. dirt racer

dirt racer
    from California

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thanks Dirt racer! Absolutely amazing, I mean AMAZING the amount of dedication, eating ,sleeping and just flat living for the machine itself that goes on to get one of these machines completed. Then you get to sort it out!! The safety factor, making it run and live up to expectations, maddening. But FUN! Amazing I tell ya! Lippy:D

29. Cshabang

Cshabang

Didnt Covell visit his shop in one of his videos?....I remember he has all his files hung up separately in a cabinet. I remember being amazed by the car....still am...haha