Register now to get rid of these ads!

just dreaming

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stude_trucks, Jan 4, 2010.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

kind of thinking I might need to get one of these

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFXZT5Ooz4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFXZT5Ooz4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

I dont think that would be a good idea, cause ya will want to go to Bonny and do over 200mph!!!

3. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Got a couple that will be for sale soon but a loooooong way away from California.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

That's good stuff to dream about!

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Hmm, tossing out the hook I see. Well, I don't possess the skills necessary to resurrect a basket case. But, if you have 1 that is in pretty decent shape, shoot me a note when ready. I'd prefer the one without the post, but hey, since I'm dreaming....

Now here is a question for you guys though. I am not sure I really want to do much of any body modifications on it. Some of the completely stock ones are just so damn sweet just the way they are - a sin I know. Well, maybe sleeper it with an R2/R3 motor.

But, here is the question, from some angles the top looks perfect, others it seems a little tall. Do you think the top could stand to be cut just a little bit or is that just f'n up perfection.

here are some views to ponder:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

back view:
    [​IMG]

not a good chop in my opinion:
    [​IMG]

6. pinky49

pinky49

there's a black one sitting in el cerrito off richmond ave & potrero, if i rember correctly. might be worth going to look at.
    ed:)

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Really? I will go check that out, thanks for the tip. Will let you know if I come up with anything.

8. pinky49

pinky49

cool, let me know if you can't find it and i'll get an address next time i visit my parents.
    ed

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there's a black one sitting in el cerrito off richmond ave & potrero, if i rember correctly. might be worth going to look at.
    ed:)
    <!-- / message -->
    Hey stude...see what happens when you dream out loud here? Hahahaha! Cool. There was a time when I kinda didn't care for 'em...don't know why. But lately... I think after I saw a couple of BA-lookin' ones here on the H.A.M.B. I seem to remember seeing a tough-lookin' black primered one here recently.

10. Don't mess too much with perfection. No chop. You said it. And thanks for the old ad- These are truly beautiful cars.

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

pinky49, is this the location you were referring to. Looks like Richmond St., instead of Ave. Just want to be clear. Can't seem to find a Richmond Ave. and want to make sure I end up in the right place. Can't spot anything on this satellite image, that would be too easy. :)

edit: actually, is that it parked on north side of Potrero closer to Everett? :D I better go see.

click on the view larger map at lower left corner to see map:
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=37.922251,-122.310912&amp;spn=0.000944,0.001298&amp;t=h&amp;z=20&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View Larger Map</small>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. pinky49

pinky49

yeah, that's the area. it moves around from parking place to parking place from time to time. i've been gonna find out about it for quite some time, but other irons in the fire and no more space for another project.
    good luck, ed

13. edweird

edweird

theres one on ebay for a pretty decent price. cheaper than what i paid for mine and in alot better shape. and i think the guy is a HAMBER.

Attached Files:

14. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I agree on the no chop, 53 54 studes were about perfect from the factory

15. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yeah, I saw that one, but kind of thinking I would prefer a no post car and that one still needs a bit more more than I am capable of. No room for a non-runner project. If somehow I could actually break out of fantasy land, to even have a chance, it would have to be pretty decent shape and driving or my wife might have a total conniption.