Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carnage- check out this car graveyard!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by utahdodge, Oct 16, 2009.

1. 59flatbedford

59flatbedford

wow now that is wat i call a dumping place. im surprized it hasnt been declared a hazard next to the river and all. with enough complaining it could maybe and then the goverment might have to clean it up and then ppl on the inside could get all the stuff.

2. Looks like a Rat Rod car show to me!!!!

3. cinemafx

cinemafx
    from Vancouver

The damage seems minimal after that ride down would have expected the debris trail to be heavier at the top. Those rocks want to snag everything. Conveyor maybe? Looks like more like they were tossed. :)

4. You call that minimal damage? You must be one hell of a Bodyman.

5. doctorZ

doctorZ

ridiculous!!!

6. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

In Colorado on mount Evens there was a bunch of old 30s 40s and 50s cars that were driven off the road and way down in the canyon.The forest service cleaned up the mess by hiring a helicopter to lift them out and put them on the road to be disposed of.A friend of mine took his trailer up there but like the ones in Utah they were too trashed from rolling down the mountain to save anything.He asked permission from the forest service before going up with his trailer.It is sad seeing the Utah worthless twisted ,rusted hulks laying there on the side of a cliff,what a mess.

7. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I think the cars should stay where they are. You found them and had a chance to go thru the range of questions and emotions while "being there" ... if someone would have peeled parts off or relocated what's there it would have upset the scene for the few people who care enough to take the time to see that stuff IN PERSON.

8. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

The truck door w/the portable welding sign would look cool hanging in my shop!

9. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Agreed!Sad but very cool pics.

10. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

Hello this is Charlie from Brigham City. Is this the same place that Darren D. has been telling me about for the past 3 years. I think he had the side of the 32 that was pulled out sitting at his house before he moved from Deweville. Not much of the 32 though. I work weekends so everytime he was heading up I worked. He somewhat explained the story of how the cars got there. I haven't talked to him since he moved to Preston. Need to.
    Do you know his HAMB name, I have an interested buyer in his 50 ford convert.
    Thanks for the photos. o'yeah are there any Divco's in the Gorge. I need emblem/ trim stuff

11. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Cool pics, but what a mess!

The sedan sticking straight up with its tail in the air is a 35 Ford slantback. You can tell by the round holes in the x-member. Anybody got a crane? Haha!

12. themachine

themachine

wow thats crazy

13. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

Even after the the fall, that Jailbar clip looks in better condition than either of the ones I have. That looks like a cool place to visit.

14. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

The coupe with the bullet holes is a 39 plymouth. I'd like to see what is connected to the T or A pickup bed smashed under rubble!

15. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

Great photos.....thanks for posting.

16. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i see a few cars that would make bitchen dirt slingers.

Not much more than that

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

pretty amazing.

18. [​IMG]

Neat pics. Thanks for sharing, Very cool. I'd love to just go down there and walk around.

Steve
    Hosting-
    8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

19. oldy57

oldy57

I think I count 5 school busses, burbs. I could see some guy saying "I hate school" as he pushed them over. Those burbs would be nice.

20. hearse driver

hearse driver
    from New York

Sad but kool pics.
    Need a tetanus shot before going in there.
    Looks like all scrap now,to bad.

21. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Tetanus shot up to date! Lets go!