Register now to get rid of these ads!

NAPA parts-good or bad?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GARY T., Dec 27, 2009.

1. I'm a gun nut, as well as a car nut. I love my country too. And Charlton Heston kicked ass!

2. bogart62

bogart62

Bought some lifters from NAPA not too long ago. Made by Federal Mogul in the USA. Eaton springs for the best, made in Detroit. They will work with you too. Hey it's all about what you want to spend. Good luck.

3. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Is anything, Made in America ,anymore........? I`ll bet the Chinese cant even access the HAMB, the gov. wont allow it ! The truth is that US companies are greedy and they deliberately order crap from China..They could order 1st class stuff, but they wont...

4. customcory

customcory

Bought some front motor mounts for my dad's 50 Chevy from NAPA. One had american threads and the other was metric. Went back and ordered a american thread one. The parts guys were dumbfounded. Messed up my day!:D

5. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Well I picked up my springs at Napa today and on the box it says Napa Chassis Precision Engineered MADE IN USA!!!I googled napa chassis and there were a few articles and one of them mentioned that napa chassis is made by Dana---so-- sounds good to me!! :D

6. bobscogin

bobscogin

OK, let me ask you a question. How would you correlate their return on investment to the greed factor? More specifically, what's a reasonable rate of return on their investment? How low would that return have to be before you'd drop the greed label? I think you owe every American who's in business an answer, because you're walking a fine line between capitalism and some other non-capitalistic market system by suggesting that expecting a return on investment equates to greed.

Bob

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

You lost me!!:eek:

8. bobscogin

bobscogin

Gary, read this: "Capitalism is an economic and social system in which capital, the non-labor factors of production (also known as the means of production), is privately owned;<sup class="noprint Template-Fact" title="This claim needs references to reliable sources from October 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[citation needed]</sup> labor, goods and capital are traded in markets; and profits distributed to owners or invested in technologies and industries."

See the word "profit" in the above? It's when people call the earning of profit "GREED" that I get pissed off. Those people, who probably have jobs somewhere, wouldn't have jobs if the companies they work for didn't make a profit. It's the reward, or punishment, (depending on whether they succeed or fail) for entrepreneurs who put their money at risk by starting and/or investing in businesses. Those who call it "greed" should try putting their own money at risk with the possibility of no financial gain before they call profit "greed". Maybe they'd look at it differently.

Bob

9. Politics aside :cool:

I transport for a living.
    I have been on the road SOLID since September.
    Since I depend on my truck for my livelihood,
    I buy NAPA lifetime parts when possible ;)

The reason is simple, the NAPA distribution
    system is the largest nationwide.

For parts warranty when you are on the road,
    NAPA can't be beat. ;)

I often have to replace my own parts & carry
    my tools with me.

POLITICS ASIDE :rolleyes:

All automotive parts you buy these days come from
    just a few major manufacturers.

Jim

10. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

one time i bought a socket for a big truck axel, they charged me 180 well i needed it. but later on i saw the same display at many other places and they charged between 75 and 85 dollars. thats a hell of a mark up. i stoped giving napa my money after that.

11. Travis

Travis

It's hard enough getting someone at Autozone to speak english, let alone give you a part that works. American made? Not there. Napa is usually more reliable/helpful, though getting U.S. made parts is hit or miss.

12. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Your absolutely right Tom and this is true at other places mentioned too. Next time you guys are asking for a starter or a water pump etc. take a look at the screen and you'll often see 3 or more "versions" and/or manufacturers. They don't all ask what you prefer and remember we probably represent 10% of the people these guys deal with. The other 90% just want it cheap.

13. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

There was a time when you went to NAPA for a better part. Now it's an Autozone part in an expensive box with their name on it...

14. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

When i asked my wife "When the hell did NAPA start selling Chinese junk?" She just smiled and said "Welcome to the real world."

So Bryan, which store do you work at or do you work at the DC?

15. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

If I need a quart of oil I go to whatevers closest but for any "Parts"
    it's NAPA all the way. My Napa guy is smart, efficient and most
    importantly a rodder. I am very lucky, they are only 5 minutes
    away but I do have to pass a Pep Boys and an Advanced to get to
    them. It's always worth the drive. They do tend to be a few bucks
    higher, but my guy figured a way to get me a 10% discount on everything
    which more than makes up for it.

16. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Good setup. That's the other thing lacking nowadays is parts guys that know cars, and actually give a shit..

17. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Fucking garbage. sorry if i offend anyone, but anything rebuild, power steering pumps rack and pinons we have had problems with.

18. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal