Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your music (just slightly o/t)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by menacekustoms, Jan 5, 2010.

1. 1320/150

1320/150

2. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

I've been listening to Kyuss for the last 2-3 months....been really getting into them and I still wouldn't know how to say or pronounce the bands name! :)

Good stuff though. I love stoner rock.

3. Hambone64

Hambone64

George Jones mostly mixed with some Conway Twitty, the ORIGINAL Hank, E.T and the Texas Troubadours, Otis Redding, the Eagles, Drive By Truckers, Neil Young, Chuck Berry, and various 50s/60s/70s coolness. ACDC Always.

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

fuckin gg allin thats right. i listen to it all but when i wanna get down its gotta be fast and hate full. unless im not manic

5. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Anything but Rap and Hip Hop
    And for a traditional Rockabilly
    You might like to check out

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWJWbLWLkRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWJWbLWLkRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  6. zep058

zep058

I was thinking about this last night when I was listening to AC/DC, then Cash and then Stones and it is generally the same albums each time. Like going into a "getting down to work" head space.

7. Travis

Travis

Try out the scariest band in the world...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/46olmyw24nQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/46olmyw24nQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8. RATFINK JOHN

RATFINK JOHN

Gotta be steppenwolf & the animals!!!!!!

9. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

doo wop music usually does it for me cruising or working on the the truck

10. puschrod

puschrod

High on Fire, Zeke, Black Label, Goatwhore, just to get the blood pumpin'. Opeth, Nile, Dimmu, Overkill, when the beer starts flowin' and chill out with some Wolves in the Thrown room, Agalloch and Ninth Moon Black...perfect! Now, if I could just get some work done!ha

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

you guys crack me up with the gg shit. the worst.

shooting smack and shitting on stage doesn't interest me, no matter how ironic it is.

fucking garbage. it's about one lame step away from insane clown possy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  12. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Horton heat the hot rod hucksters swinging deamons when im cruzin.

13. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here's a couple of good ones.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfvFwZt2Nqk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfvFwZt2Nqk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V55FfDnkQ6o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V55FfDnkQ6o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

Deadbolt, chicken coupe deville, blazin haley, jon wayne(the band), unknown hinson
    bob wayne all seem to keep the blood flowin in the ol man cave.

15. oops777

oops777
    from phx

anything really works. what gets me in the garage is looking at parts mags. any good photo spread

16. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

TOOL is awesome. Avenged sevenfold, metallica, mudvayne, saliva, muse, and Rammstein all make me want to drive fast.

and we cant leave out Testarossa by Sir Mix-a-Lot. Hes from Seattle.

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Havent we done this before? If it dont have a base in classic blues its SHIT.

18. Go to iTunes and download "HotRod Rockabilly" it was like $9.00 and has 30 or something awesome old old old school rockabilly songs from various artists about racing and building cars, and girls. I just rigged my garage door to trigger the stereo and start playing it every time I walk in there......

19. 63Compact

63Compact

I miss Del Taco!!!!!

20. Muttley

Muttley

I've never heard of half the crap you guys are listing. BTW my car is a radio delete.

21. garyv

garyv

Blues. Roots music. Non-Nashville country. Americana. Some Rockabilly.

If you like blues, get Sean Costello's "We Can Get Together". Best blues album in a decade.

Check out Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers
    http://www.rubydeemusic.com/

Wayne Hancock, Devil Doll, Lil Mo and the Monicats, Horton Heat, Brian Setzer, and on and on...

22. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Allman Brothers,Skynard,Johnny Burnett,Hamburger James ..........

23. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

24. airmentbob

airmentbob
    from san diego

zepplin, hendrix, nirvana, funkadelics, (chicago, texas, delta blues) 60's soul, 70's punk / rock, 80's punk, basically older music, or tunes that are worth rockin out to at full volume on the alpine unit, especially when i get off work and cruise home around midnight! i like to make grand entrances!

25. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

from good ol southern blues, to Link Wray, Johnny Cash, SRV, to old Metallica, Priest, Black Label Socioty, and Pantera! nothin gets me more pumped than the opening riff to the song Walk! (thats a Pantera song) for those of you who didnt know. and i cant lie, i even headbang to a little disco when i hear it on the radio. get out the disco ball!!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  26. wvenfield

wvenfield

I.....have....to.....admit...... I really like Gordon Lightfoot.

Rather than work on my car Sundown makes me want to revisit the old days and get naked with the wife in the backseat.

27. swazzie

swazzie

I would love to say Deadbolt and the Cramps but I'm not that Rock-a-silly . I find that almost any Ministry cd is is awesome grind work music, especially The Land of Rape and Honey or Psalm 69 .

28. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I'm a fuckin mess. 2 days ago I was listening to Gershwin as played by Eugene Cicero, then switched to Monkey Buisness by the Black Eyed Peas, yesterday it was the Ramones on the way to work, on the way home a comp I made up with Nucleus, Cypress Hill, 311, and No Doubt. Early Cash is always available, Iron Butterfly and other late 60s acid rock, but Eminem is also on deck along with Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Carly Simon. And yeah, Gordon Lightfoot. Good stuff. Like I said I'm a mess...

29. rustyhood

rustyhood

Hot Rod + good sounding pipes + rock and roll = Cop sayin" Where you goin in such a hurry boy? When I owned a body shop in my 30's. oldie's played through out the shop. Now that I tinker in my garage at 53, radio stations bounce between southern rock and oldies. Great influence when working on projects.

30. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

In the Shop Workin:
    Howlin Wolf
    Otis Rush
    Elmore James
    Ramones
    Social Distortion
    Early Zepplin

Crusin:
    The Y-Block suckin air thru six 97's and spittin it out thru open pipes.:D