Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins of Steel-the new Detroit area show June 5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustom66cat, Jan 3, 2010.

1. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

Well here it is... Sins of Steel. The new traditional pre-64 show for the Detroit area. The show will be held at the Davisburg, MI 4-H fairgrounds on Sat, June 5th. The show will be filling the venue vacancy of Billetproof Detroit which has been moved to Ypsilanti, MI in May. The new show will be supported by the Detroit Poor Boys, the Peckerheads, the Flint Nightmares and the Detroit Road Devils. Meetings are being scheduled for this month to work on the details. The web site, www.sinsofsteel.com, should be online with rules, registration, swap meet and any of the other info one would need by the beginning of February. We are looking forward to adding another traditional show to the MI area to further promote the love of our hobby. We will also have info at our Detroit Autorama display Feb 26-28.

2. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

nice!!! we need more traditional show. hope to see all of you at the 1st show :D

3. I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.

I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.
    from Howell Mi

4. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I've got it on the calendar. Not sure if I should ask, but what the hell... who is helping with the billetproof show now that it is moved? Will it have new people or the ones that was always there in Davisburg? If you do not want it in this thread, could someone please pm me? I met some of the Peckerheads many years ago at the Pile-up, and that is why I'd go to billetproof was to support/see them. Thanks for keeping a show going in the Davisburg location...See Ya there!!

5. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Hell Yeah!

Bring this show on.

I strongly encourage anyone who has an interest in REAL hotrods to tell, drag, convince their friends to come and have a good time.

6. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I'll be there I'll look for the poor boys in detroit we can swap car show flyers again

7. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

As of now, the Peckerheads and Poor Boys are not helping with the MI Billetproof. Florida Billetproof is still being supported by the FL Poor Boys.

8. rev616

rev616

hopefully i will have my buick done by then! i hope we all will get a reminder!

9. troylee

troylee

Sweet. and a swap too.

10. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

See you all there..:D

11. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

if not bring the bike, plans for bike trophies in the works

12. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Let us know how we can help out.

13. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

14. BTT - please support your local Hot Rod scene.... Last year I believe there were almost 600 cars in the old parking lot. See you there

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Like a fat kid on cake.....I"M ON IT!

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice. I'm down for that...

17. All right,so maybe I'm a dumbass,but please clarify this: "Pre-64" as in..."not including 1964" or "Pre-64" including 1964? My Sport Fury needs to know which part of the lot to roll to. Swap meet as well? Well,that's two weeks before my birthday,so maybe I can treat my car,uh,er;I mean myself,to some birthday presents.

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

FANTASTIC!!! You can never have too many traditional shows/events. It's in block letters on the calendar and I'm counting the days. This is the year I change the oil in the '32 but I'll have plenty of miles on it before then so whatever leaks out (and I guarantee some will) will be nice and black. Maybe I''ll park in the same place she marked her spot last year.

Frank

19. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

It would be cool to have you do a vender display

20. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

we'll have to clarify that in the meetings to come and post it in the rules when the web site comes up. I do know that in previous years at the other show, it came down to the style and appearance of the car and the attendant signing the car in.

21. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

22. oldtin

oldtin

Is there going to be a spot for the pinheads?
    I'll probably be there 1 way or another.
    Glad you guys are keeping the venue alive.

23. I'll be there as well! Glad to see this show stay on the calendar.

24. Looking forward to having two local "traditional" shows this year.

25. hodgiemoto

hodgiemoto
    from detriot mi

it's 64 and older but somtimes there are special occasion's were it might go to 66 ,depending on the car and what was done to it.

26. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

Had some questions and the show will be the same as the other for the most part. Changes that will happen will be for improvement. Any suggestions or problems from previous shows, PM me and I'll take them to the meeting
    thanks ,Vernon

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  27. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Sin's of steel. I 'm so excited!

28. Yes, there will be a panel jam.

29. And you just cant hide it???????:D I had no idea you were a Pointers Sisters fan

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  30. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

I will post as soon as fliers are available