Register now to get rid of these ads!

Most Expensive Ride You Got to Drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dennis kirban, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you mean to tell me,no one here has driven the "Bugatti Royalle" "???a cheapie at 11 mil...
    I did drive a 540K Mercedes about 20 years ago....

2. freebird101

freebird101

my uncles 08 Mercedes E 350 2 years ago.

3. Wow, I would absolutely love to hear the details of that!!
    What an awesome car, and what a character LOL

4. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Unless I missed it has anyone driven one of those Audi RS 8's?

I see one once in awhile in my area....even siting still the car looks extremely fast.

On the 1968 427 Corvette was that the one with trips? One of them in 1968-69 had 3 Holleys on it from what I remember.

[email protected]

5. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Those sunbeam tigers...I had years ago the regular 1964 Sunbeam, the Ford powered one was a super tight fit reminds me of the GMC Syclones....

Big buck cars today the ones that survived Sunbeam Tigers....

[email protected]

6. Porsche Factory slat nose 911 Turbo, Audi Turbo Quattro Coupe, 930 Turbo... while I was with the local Porsche/Audi dealer FUN !!!!

7. krooser

krooser

I used to haul high dollar classic around the country... some of the one's I've actually driven on the highway include a Ferrari Testa Rossa, Lamborghini Countach (POS), Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Coupe (damn near took a crane to lift my ass outta that thing!), '66 Cobra 427 (scary-fast), '64 Ferrari Lusso and a few others.

8. Boyd's Chezoom.

[​IMG]

JH

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  9. John50

John50

Probably the best story I have heard in a while. This means something to me as I own a 67 GT500 in lime gold. #2891. The car did not come with the original motor or tranny but it was one cooler with a 427 SO and the 4 speed top loader. I put those on the side and installed a alum 427 stroked to 490 and a 5 speed. Thanks for sharing.

Attached Files:

10. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

^^^spittin image of my buddies car almost all the same factory options also

11. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

I will try and have mr amc guy post a very unique photo tomorrow since the car has been mentioned now several times. I don;t own the car but what I got sitting in my office at home is one of a kind and dead on correct.

Watch for this photo once I get it emailed to him to post.

[email protected]

12. Chuck R

Chuck R

I got to drive my friends Ford GT. All I can say is it accelerates faster than my brain can work. It was a blast. It also handles very well. Really a race car in street clothes.

[​IMG]

13. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

Nothing old and expensive.. Driven a 41 Ford 2dr coupe, a 73 Challenger 318, ridden in a few Vipers of varying states of tune, Many Z06's (C5 and C6), SRT10 Ram, BMW 700-series (forget which), A couple of 90's era ZR-1 Vettes and thats really about it for me and high dollar cars...

14. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Great car....just a wild guess but that appears to be a rare color as most seem to be red or a flashy color. Your friend probably knows but I am betting they did not produce many that color.

[email protected]

15. Have testdriven a Viper and just recently got to take a spin in a 2010 Camaro SS at the dealership where I work; My other most expensive ride I got to drive was my ex-wife!

16. Hambone64

Hambone64

I retract my previous statements and would like to add to the docket- EX WIFE.

17. match

match

In 2000 I got to drive a 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo. Great car. Hey, are you the "Turbo Buick" Dennis Kirban ?? I miss my '87 Turbo T. Rosewood paint, with most all of the options, concert sound, posi, t-tops, digital dash, buckets, console shift, remote mirror adjusters....man I'm getting bummed just thinking about it !!!

18. Chuck R

Chuck R

He wanted something a little more stealth than arrest me red or bumble bee yellow. I have never seen another one like it, you are right red, white , blue, yellow seem to be most common.

19. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

No, but I did pull the 'Berlin de Voyage' from the museum to the auction site on my trailer behind my beater 78 chevy K20 truck.:eek:
    Mr Monaghan's cool dually and trailer was stuck in traffic and for the press conference it needed moved. At that time it was 4.5 mil$ (1988-89?)
    I got a pic of the event someplace. The cars handler drove it on and off of the trailer, and would not even let me sit in it.
    The chafeurs seat was covered in Rhino hide:eek:

20. H3O

H3O

most expensive would be my dad's 03 Dakota bought new.
    most expensive cool ride would be my friend's 54 chevy. man I miss that car.

21. I was 14 and went with a buddy and his parents to the big city of Portland to visit their relatives. My buddy and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and came across a guy washing his 30s Rolls Royce sedan...we oooh'd and ahhh'd it and the guy gave us a ride around the block in it!
    These days you'd get 10-20 years and get put on the offender's list for that.
    One other was my buddy in high school worked at a car lot after school. The owner was having a tough time selling a 57 Chrysler 300 D....392 hemi with dual quads, a beautiful white hardtop with red interior. He'd let us take it out on double dates on Saturday night occasionally...prolly hoped the exposure would sell it...it didn't. The car was eventually found outside town, burned to the ground...wonder if the car lot owner had insurance?

22. Several years ago at the Goodguys Indy (automotive overload) event I was asked by a slightly-inebriated fellow club member to drive his '34 coupe (R&C cover car) from the pavilion area back to the club tents at the end of the day just to be on the safe side. As I eased into the seat and peered out the chopped windshield I became instantly aware of how tightly the cars were packed into the pavilion. Then I focused on the cars and discovered I was amidst some pretty high-dollar rides, actually aimed at Rydells' Grand Master '35 Chevy. I asked a WHOLE LOT of questions before I turned the key that day.

23. JCShiels

JCShiels

I worked at Town + Country Dodge in Farmington MI from 1969-1971. I got to drive a new 69 Daytona Charger (440, auto), we had a customer with a 66 hemi Charger, two of the mechanics ran a 68 Hemi Dart at the drags (I got to sit in it but not drive it). We also had the strangest Dart ever. In the new car storage lot was a 69 Dart GTS, 383, auto, green paint, and a green flower pattern vinyl top with floral pattern in the seats! I have no idea what it would be worth now but it sure was ugly!

24. DELTUFFO

DELTUFFO
    from Quincy

A Mod Top! Sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. choke

choke

In the late 80's I had a customer who was buying up exotic cars from all over the country. He would run them by my shop for suspension/roll bar or roll cage work. 935 Porsche converted to street use by a Saudi sheik. The Eye Of L.A. Cadillac Seville on a Full Nascar chassis w/500" propane nitrous B.B.C./5spd. Daytona Spyder Ferrari from the movie Cannon Ball Run. 63' Sports Racer Corvette. But the most expensive one was Konigs' personal Ferrari Testarosa roadster 1100 H.P. @ the rear wheels. Dual turbo chargers w/a centrifical blower to take up turbo lag. That car was just plain scary. Like driving a Formula I car on the street. It'd go 60 70 mph in first gear like right now. He said he paid $650,00.00 for it at the time. He told me to test drive it, but it sure was scary between the perfomance and what the car was worth!!!!

26. Awesome!

27. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

I drove a mid-sixties ferrari one time, but I don't want to let that get out.

28. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

If I figured 2 dollars per hour for my labor, probably would be my Mercury

29. I've driven a few customers cars that were off the chart dollar wise.
    I'd say the best of the best, would be the day I went Tavern to Tavern on Route 66 in Bob Porters chopped 32 3 window. running an aluminum headed 427 L-88 with a 4 speed and Vette rear end. it was a warm summer day and the beers were cold. I was alone and just cruised, knowing that I could run with anything on the street was enough.
    Most people call this "The Doyle Gammel coupe" but when Bob had it, the coupe was in the best form ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.