Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from Haarlem, the Netherlands

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by farmer12, Jan 2, 2010.

1. thinkfink

thinkfink

a club:D...I have to warn you - club ideas never work for me, i have the talent - the moment I join one, it'll go downhill. Just learned von skip's is now driving in Italy (rodcitygarage.com) and i only know of another 41 that is getting customized in the North of Germany at the moment. So as we can keep things small, it might work out this time:D

PM will come soon. BTW I still got a lot of leftover parts from my car. Just let me know if you need something.

2. First of all i'm no computerexpert so that's why i even have no photo in my avatar but i will try to post some photo's or otherwise i PM them to both of you.
    The impressive list is 20 years of collecting parts and cars and NO WIFE,
    Now i have a real nice girlfriend but buying things is a lot more difficult (but you all know that)
    The story of the Mercury is this: in the 90's i went to look for a 32 at Henry (GAZ34 see above) but at that time he owned the Mercury (and believe he imported it from Denmark ?) but i didn't have the money at the time and i really wanted a deuce.
    So after buying a real nice American 32 Tudor V-8 from Belgium (still have it and it will only go when i'm dead)
    Years went by and i bought and sold several cars including:
    A 1949 Mercury coupe from Chili, sold it to Errol of Inkstitution in Rotterdam
    A real nice 1933 Plymouth with org. Dutch papers (went to de Lier, Westland but forgot the guys name)
    A really rotten Ford Model Y (got it for almost free)
    A 1949 Ford V-8 fordor i sold to Richard in Rotterdam (owns a real nice 33 five window)
    A 1932 Ford Panel delivery, rusty as hell and incomplete but with 2 grilles and a real nice chassis (still have it)
    And i bought a 1929 Model A Tudor (bought in Belgium in 1999) and made a pickup of it and sold it to Marc from Tattoo the Edge in The Hague.
    But back to the Mercury after all buying and selling cars suddenly the Merc showed up on the net with a asking price of 10.000 euros and i didn't respond because it was to expensive and still didn't have the money.
    A few weeks later and i saw it again and there was no asking price, so i called the
    guy in Zuidlaren and he told me he was asking 6.000 euros and that sounded a lot better. I went to take a look and called Henry what the price was that he got for it in the late 90's and finally bought it for 5.000 euros.
    The body is rusty but not too bad but the chassis is crap so when i could buy a complete and running 1954 Imperial for 1.900 euros i didn't have to think long (and sold parts of it for about 700 euros)
    And yes i know Eric Huffenreutter since 1990 when i bought my first American car, my 1951 Buick that i still have, Eric had a real nice 1953 Buick Super at that moment
    ThinkFink are you one of the "Scrapers" ??

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  3. farmer12

farmer12

While we're story telling now, here's mine.

Had a 65 mustang for 7 years, after doing a revision on the engine, some bodywork and mechanicals, I got bored ,sold the car and started looking for something else. Been looking on all the usual sites but could not really find that got me really excited. Until last august. Advertised on ebay was a 41 Plymouth and just blew me away. The chop had already been performed by Ian Loska of scspeedco fame (San Clemente, CA). The lines of the car were great. Time to buy! Bought the car in the last minute of the auction with only 6 secs to spare. Time to ship to Holland.

A lot of work had been done to chassis and obviously the body, but Ian got bored, wanted to work more on bikes and travel.(in Europe at the moment)

The car had a 350/400 combo, which I pulled out and sold to my painter, Mark van Wijk. No serious rust in the car, to my relieve. The paint is a flat grey whick turns purple in the sun. Looks ok but not to my liking.

The plans: 392 hemi (being build) with a Keisler TKO 600 5 speed. Rearend will be a 9 inch with probably 4.11 gears. New M2 front suspension, and all 4 corners on bags.
    Exterior probably dark grey or black. Interior don't know yet, but still have time to think.

This is at least the basic idea I have for the car. Will start a build thread soon. Hope you'll enjoy.

Eric

4. thinkfink

thinkfink

wow guys...storytelling time...my car story will be much shorter i am afraid...
    ...am crazy about rod and customs since the mid80s...rockabilly/psychobilly got me into it......but lack of money and relocating (moved 18 times in my life) did not really made the "right" car possible.
    The dream car since the 90s always was a deco fat fender coupe, like the Calori Coupe, John Fishers '36, the 37 zephyr coupe or later the Cole Foster built 1936).

In 2003 I met Eric from the scrapers (they were just founded) via my girlfriend at the time and we became good friends since then.
    2004 brought a decent paid job in Amsterdam (lived in Germany, France Luxemburg and the US before) and the hunt for the dream car could finally start. So I found the Plymouth on Marktplaats in 2005. It had undergone a "African restoration" but was a solid driver with all the original bits and relatively rustfree, the price was 5.500 (dutch deuce, when you said you got the merc for 5K i just felt a sting:eek:).
    Anyhow the original plan for the plymouth was a "quick and dirty" bodyswap incl. channel and chop to get the steering wheel on the left side and a decent drivetrain in there...as this was way beyond my non existing skills (I have to admit I got two left hands and still need to learn a LOT) the car went to Charles. And then the "quick and dirty" changed to "do it once, do it right" to "out of control":rolleyes:...plans for the next steps...a dark shiny sinister paintjob, a classy non leather interior...keeping it all as stylish and Streamline Deco as possible...and then drive the wheels off it.
    ...and to answer your question Dutch Deuce - I am no scraper. I just know some of the guys for years now.

And can't wait to see your built thread farmer12 and the photos of the merc dutch deuce. So keep it coming.

5. billygoat67

billygoat67

welcome from iowa.

6. farmer12

farmer12

Great to see so many Dutch guys on the HAMB! Any more out there?

7. farmer12

farmer12

Enlightening? I presume the threads thus far...

8. thinkfink

thinkfink

spam...I think he wants to sell NFL jerseys...

9. farmer12

farmer12

I see he's been removed...

10. Welcome from Finland, seems to be lotsa NICE Mopars in the land of Tulips!

11. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Fireball, you got yourself one fine Dodge!

12. 343w

343w

Welcome Farmer, that's one Killer 41 brother, I love the chop on it!

13. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks 343! Tearing it down now. Will start a build thread next month.

14. imperial

imperial

Hi Eric
    Welkom from vledder

Remco

15. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Peter for the warm welcome.

16. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

Welcome from detroit

17. Some more pics as requested
    I know they are not the best photos because my garage is a mess at the moment (well actually it's always a mess)
    1) my shortened 54 Chrysler Imperial chassis with running 331 Hemi
    2) my 39 Mercury coupe and stock 31 Model A coupe
    3) my American body 1932 tudor
    4) my 32 chassis (former Panel Delivery) with 4 banger from 1943 according to Bruce Lanchester, so a real Nazi engine because it's a German engine, chassis will be under a glass 3W with a French V-8 flathead

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      232.9 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      176.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      187.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      189.7 KB
      Views:
  18. farmer12

farmer12

Hey Dutch Deuce, thanx for the pics. Looks like you have some great rides there! Keep us updated with the progression of the project!!

19. Dodge Brother

Dodge Brother

Welcome from the Wet Coast of Canada!!

20. thinkfink

thinkfink

wow...great cars!

21. SholleysTrimShop

SholleysTrimShop

Hi from Dillsburg Pa.

22. Welcome from Florida USA. Great to read about projects over there. And the guys over here think a build is hard here...the cars were build here.

23. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

Welcome from Wisconsin!

24. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Welcome from Sweden

25. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

26. rubens

rubens

Hoi, another welcome from NoHol..:D

There are more nice cars in Holland then I expected..
    I have a '54 Dodge Kingsway (chopped)
    And a '70 Plymouth Barracuda..

Groeten Ruben:cool:

Attached Files:

27. farmer12

farmer12

GREAT LOOKING CARS, RUBENS! Is the Dodge on the road yet?

28. rubens

rubens

Thanx!

The Dodge is not on the road, yet.
    We're bussy on it, hope to cruise this summer..

......Then i'll meet you in Haarlem.
    It's cool to have a Kustoms get together in NoHol.
    How's you're planning?

29. farmer12

farmer12

It would be great to see your car this summer!

My plans are described on page 2 of this thread. I've picked up my transmission and all the front end parts yesterday and will start on it today. Considering I cut off all of the old front end, I'll need to extend the frame and mock up the front fenders in order to set the right ride height. Starting on this today. Should have the front end on there in a week or two. I'll start a build thread in Feb.

Good luck with the Dodge!

30. rubens

rubens

Cool!

I'll follow your build threat.
    Good luck with da build, and we'll keep in touch:cool: