Register now to get rid of these ads!

Excuses excuses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26trackt, Jan 3, 2010.

1. 26trackt

26trackt

I have a very rough '26 roadster body & a set of '36 wire wheels. I should be able to get the clapped out front end out of his '40 coupe. The 4.3 & 5speed out of my '94 Chevy. Looks like my pile of junk is about to overcome my mountain of procrastination excuses. It's a little early to start asking for suggestions but there's nothing on TV.

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

If you have a set of *wire* wheels, they are not '36........more likely '35 wheels if they're 16"......'33-34 if they're 17" ....and '32 if they're 18"...........anyway, whatever you have......get to work! It's a long winter.....

CB

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

well, if you want a suggestion, rethink the 4.3 and 5 speed from the 94 chevy.

4. Exactly. Barf. There's never a good excuse for using an engine like that.

5. 26trackt

26trackt

The 4.3 certainly isn't desireable. It is solid & should get the thing going. I also expect it will make a sutible hole for a small block down the road. I could use my slant six instead.

6. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

No law out there that says you can't swap out the 4.3 for something cooler in the future. If that is what it takes to get you running down the road go for it :)

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just make sure that you leave enough room for something else when you build, if that might be in the cards.