Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Angry Frenchman, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Well guys, in September of '08 i got word of an old stock car in a local junk yard. so i went up and looked at it and i couldn't believe it but it was a 3 window coupe body still on the original chasis with early drive-train, slicks and all. i bought it on the spot, dragged it home and started working.<br>
    I've been collecting parts and working on it for a year now and i thought i would start a thread to keep my friends on track of everything that's been going on.
    <br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    <br>
    these pics are all from the first 2 months i owned the car. the car turned out to be a 34 ford 3 window deluxe coupe. I found spots of original paint and the color was brewster green.<br>
    hope y'all enjoy. i'll be adding more in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Links not working for me. Love the red crosses though.....

3. DMFB

DMFB

Some people have ALL the luck! Awesome find bro!

4. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

Cool that be a neat car to start with for sure..

5. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

You luck son of a bitch. Great score!

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OK, what's the build theme? It would be great for a street driven oval tracker as you would already have a start. For me it would stay chaneled get a '32 grille and shell and one of my BBC's with a tri-power and 5 spd. The rear would have to be a quickchange with no real apron or gas tank to obstruct the view of the quickie. Some wide 16" Halibrands with dirt track rubber on the back and some skinny 15" Hals in front w/bias plys. I'd keep the top insert and do an aircraft aluminum seat with removable cushions, aluminum door panels and rubber floor mat. Real single stage on the outside with some flattener (either a deep blue or maroon) and only stop driving to fill the tank.

Frank

7. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

x2!

8. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I,m thinking early fifties. they still used lots of Henry ford parts but they were going A lot faster. besides lots of that stuff is still there on the car. I put on the intake, carbs and V 12 distributor in the pics. but the engine is 4 1/8 srtoker and of course the 39 trans is blown up

9. i think yourll have to change your user name to Happy Frenchman.
    thats a real good score and i for one cant wait to see what you do with it. very cool.

10. tinmann

tinmann

The passenger door looks to be a '33 to me.... but either way ('33 or '34) that car has nothing but potential. Good luck in your quest for the needed parts. I listed (and I think sold) a driver's door in terrible condition a week or so ago. Keep you eyes pealed for a good tudor door, most of it can be used to craft a door for your car.

11. It looks as you have a Lincoln Zephyr coil and distributor set up on your flat head V8.

Frenchy

12. Merkonic

Merkonic

Great find!I'm workin on one similar to it but it was cut down in to a roadster.

13. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

some body hoged out the window area oh well:rolleyes: I am looking for A driver side tudor door. anybody?:D

14. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Great score and good luck on the build.

15. duste01

duste01

16. Redstar

Redstar

17. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

yup..there's still some out there..I just cant seem to find em

18. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I like your roadster.

19. Wait, you've had this since Sept. '08 and you've kept it a secret all this time??? Damn! Nice score, looks pretty solid for an old race car. Every one I've ever seen is completely hammered. The dude must not have been a very good driver! Hahaha :D

20. lorodz

lorodz

good looking start

21. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

well I guess I did keep it a secret on here, but everybody in town knows I got it! The guy that own it before the junkyard was Don phillips and from what I hear he was a pretty good driver. But I also know for A fact that he never race this car. he was know for racing 37 to 40 fords and hardtop. He got the 34 at A local swap meet over in taunton mass in spring of 1964 and I know this because I talk to A friend of his that help him bring it home. the funny part is how it end of at the junkyard. there was and estate sale at his house after he past away and A body shop in woonsocket R.I. got it. I guess they didn't know do with it so they sold it to the junkyard. A few guys that had seen it before me told me it was A modify and it was junk. boy were they wrong! or they were lying to me:D

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

Looking great Jared!

I can't wait to see you make this into something more better!!!

23. gonzo

gonzo

You should be getting some good work done on that this winter, therefore I expect you to blow up the transmission again on the way to the AB 2010 show. At least you'll have no trouble finding help to fix it, theres more guys in Pawtucket that know how to rebuild a 39 tranny than any other town on Eath. Angry Frenchman... Slayer of 39 transmissions

Attached Files:

24. rat seeker

rat seeker

Great find, get to work!!!

25. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Hey John,[​IMG] whatch mean? I'm nice to my transmission. LOL:D but I think I found something that can take A beating

26. HotRod33

HotRod33

that is a great looking start for a hotrod.......

27. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Great Score, good luck on the rebuild

28. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Hey Jared, that ol jalopy is junk why don't I come get that out of your way.

So what is this indestructible trans? The only one's I know are Muncies :D

29. Racedad

Racedad
    from Sacramento

remember no chevy in that thing...get creative and Great starter project. My build took 2 years. startin from a body, minus decklid,floor, firewall. I have over 8000 miles on my Coupe with a 318 Mopar .Have a blast and be open to suggestions but do what YOU Want!!! "Racedad" ps spend $$money$$ on GREAT brakes!!!

30. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

3 3/8 bore 3 3/4 stroke [​IMG]59ab and I'm A big fan of henry's banjo rear end