Register now to get rid of these ads!

car movies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the "eliterate"redneck, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Did anyone mention "Six Pack" with a very young Diane Lane?

Also "Black Moon Rising" with Tommy Lee Jones.

How about "The Betsy"?

Anyone remember "Smash Palace"? It was an Australian film.

George Lucas gave us a great car/motorcycle chase scene in the futuristic "THX 1138". The car in the scene was a modified Lola T-70.

"Blade Runner" had some great vehicles which were all built by the legendary Gene Winfield.

He also built the Star Car in "The Last Starfighter"

2. If you've got the hour and a half, here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_OFRxh5D2Q

3. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

Mi Familia has some cool stuff in it. Its not a car movie but a few good scenes

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Deuce of spades

5. earth verses the spider

6. What about " Running Wild" ? 1955 with Keenan Wynn and...MAMIE VAN DOREN!:D

This movie stars the famous Bob Hirohata '51 Merc! Plus another well known convertible Merc, and lots of cool Hot Rods and other Kustoms!

[​IMG]

7. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Cant remember name of movie or clip, Underground film that was made in seventys
    9 minutes of banzi run thru Europe at just before dawn birds flying off the street in the headlights and at the end he pulls up to a wharf or beach or something and his girlfreind is waiting, camera is attached to front of car and you never see the car but the sound of a hi winding euro sport is pretty cool going through the gears, anyone know or see this???? I think it might be called Rendesvous?????

8. Also, there's "It started with a kiss" 1959, with Glenn Ford and Debbie Reynolds. The movie is about a G.I. who wins a car in a raffle. The car is none other than the famous concept car Lincoln Futura (converted into the Batmobile in 1966).

Here's a clip of the movie, taken from Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXWxtkACs8

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  9. El Gordo

El Gordo

Rendesvous is correct, just cut and paste the word onto utube and watch away:cool:

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kinda liked "The Car". Evil! Check out the sound-effects...two engines...one just screaming at a constant high rpm, and a second engine getting the crap revved out of it. Made for a surrealistic "other worldly" sound.

There was an old black and white movie I saw as a kid, and have not seen since. I can't remember the name of it. There's this huge monster terrorizing the area, and at the end of the movie, this guy sacrifices his custom car to carry some explosives toward the monster to kill it. The guy saves the day, but is very bummed-out about the loss of his car. The police chief assures the guy that they will replace his car, but the guy replies with something like, "You'll never be able to replace that car."...and end of movie. Anybody remember?

11. Could it be "The Giant Gila Monster'? 1959

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3b0NWljlPw

I think it's a Hot Rod the guy has in that movie.

12. 4dr orphan

4dr orphan
    from Michigan

Glad to see someone else mention "Hot Rod" with Robert Culp. Where else but in a Hollywood movie could you go to a junk yard & pull a 426 hemi out of an AMC, just so you could have a replacement motor for your Willys?

Long Live Munn's Root Beer!

http://www.sell.com/231WP4

13. rustrustler

rustrustler

What about Burt Reynolds in W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings. I remember it as a 55 Olds.

14. 41 C28

41 C28

Don't forget the first "Herbie the Love Bug" movie. It had a great intro footage a of figure 8 race, also the street scenes and racing scenes.

15. 283

"Hot Rods To Hell" the Dad in the movie fought back and run those kids and their Vett into a ditch .... and then there was... "The Goast From Hot Rod Hollow" Tommy Ivo was in that one with the twin Buick digger. Not racin just braggin it up about the new record he had set... Oh, and Pat Boone dug an old hot rod (I think it was a late 40's Ford rag top, out of a barn in "April Love". He hauled ass around a horse track. And raced a sports car on a country raod. He's such a bad ass. .......And I feel so old right now.

16. redoilman

redoilman
    from iowa

How about Ronin with Robert de Nero? They're all European cars but some nutball driving nevertheless. Another one,not completly a car movie, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot kinda neat cars in that one. Who knew you could stick an antiaircraft gun in the trunk of a Merc!

17. Dragstrip Riot - 1958
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3b0NWljlPw

Ghost of dragstrip hollow - 1959
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukC3K59BJ7g

High school caesar 1960, nice street race
    (the whole movie on youtube)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDmb8ay8aSo

Teenage Thunder - 1957, Lots of cool Hot Rods
    (the whole movie on youtube)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPl9MIOL0q0

Disney's "The shaggy dog" - 1959
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2T7YJAGbQk

Daddy-o - 1958
    cool 1949 Ford sleeper with souped-up flathead, used for narc. runs.
    (sorry, no vid)

18. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Pit Stop. 1969 movie about a drag racer turned figure 8 racing hero. Footage of real figure 8 racing with vintage tin. Black and white with lotsa cool car stuff. Cheezy 60's vibe, but in a good way. Check it out.

19. roddinron

roddinron

If you liked that movie, look for a DVD set called "Burnt Rubber". A collection of 20 old movies includig The Big Wheel. You can usually find it for about $10
    Includes -
    Bail Out ("W.B., Blue And The Bean") (1989) - David Hasselhoff/Linda Blair
    The Big Wheel (1949) - Mickey Rooney/Thomas Mitchell
    Blonde Comet (1941) - Virginia Vale/Barney Oldfield
    Born To Be Wild (1938) - Ralph Byrd/Ward Bond
    Burn 'Em Up Barnes (Pts. 1 & 2) (1934) - Jack Mulhall/Lola Lane
    The Choppers (1961) - Arch Hall Jr./Marianne Gaba
    Danger On Wheels (1940) - Richard Arlen/Andy Devine
    The Devil On Wheels (1947) - Noreen Nash/Darryl Hickman
    Double Nickels (1977) - Ed Abrams/Mick Brennan
    The Fast And The Furious (1955) - John Ireland/Dorothy Malone
    High Gear (1933) - James Murray/Joan Marsh
    Hot Rod Girl (1956) - Lori Nelson/Chuck Connors/Frank Gorshin (in support)
    In Hot Pursuit ("Polk County Pot Plane") (1977) - Don Watson/Bobby Watson
    Killing Cars (W. Germany-1986) - Jürgen Prochnow/William Conrad (in support)
    The (Richard) Petty Story (1974) - Noah Beery Jr./Richard Petty (in support)
    Speed To Spare (1948) - Richard Arlen/Jean Rogers
    T-Bird Gang (1959) - John Brinkley/Ed Nelson/ Vic Tayback (minor role)
    Ten Laps To Go (1936) - Rex Lease/Duncan Renaldo/Yakima Canutt
    The Wild Ride (1960) - Jack Nicholson/Georgianna Carter

20. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I think it was RoddinIron mentioned 1958's "Hot Rod Gang." One really cool thing about the movie is that is starred early rock&roller Gene Vincent ("Be-Pop-a-Lula").

Another good "car" movie -- especially for the guys & girls who like Hudsons -- is "Driving Miss Daisy," wherein Morgan Freeman is live-in helper and chauffeur for Jessica Tandy's prim, old southern lady in the early '50s. The car is a BEAUTIFUL senior Hudson, I think, Commodore.

21. abone1930

abone1930

See if this jars anybody memory, trying to find a film I remember from when I was a kid. It has a guy driving a candy red cuda or challenger I think, had the typ. 70's N50'S sticking out. I think the dude was running shine. Thought it was Bert but He never drove a red mopar product?

22. That is a cool movie!

23. Rande

Rande

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! :D

The old Beach movies with Frankie and Annette had some great old cars and her boobs.

Death Race 2000! The original! :D

ok, I"ll take my meds.....

24. Rande

Rande

Here's a plot summary I got off the net for the Vanishing Point remake:

"When his wife goes into a troubled labor while he is on the road over 1200 miles away James Kowalski, an ex race car driver and a former Army Ranger, attempts to elude police while trying to get home. After numerous chases he turns into a Native American reservation and reflects on his life, and his wife. He then heads off to break through an impenetrable police and FBI roadblock."

Sort of like they screwed with the plot of the Gone in 80 Seconds remake, there must be an altruistic reason for his lawlessness. Glorifying a bad guy is not PC.

Also, that movie was made back '97. Maybe there's another in the works?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  25. foghorn62

foghorn62

Some of the old gangster movies come to mind like "The Untouchables" and "Bonnie and Clyde".

Also, "The Dukes of Hazard".

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  26. mrpowderkeg

mrpowderkeg

27. guiseart

guiseart

Streets of Fire

28. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

29. deathcar77

deathcar77