Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HAMB Shoebox Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Dec 3, 2006.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha ! maybe next year eh it would be cool to fly up to see the show again! The only thing I miss about Ontario is getting to hang out with you clowns once in a while :D

2. Lead Head

Lead Head

Come on! Fly to Toronto and then ride down with me. Just think now wife,kids or job for 4 days....sounds like heaven! If my wife reads this i love you

3. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

4. afterhoursbikes

afterhoursbikes
    BANNED

heres a few pics of my painters 49 chopped..... channelled... sectioned...no rocker panels....

Attached Files:

5. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Recent additions to the "next project". I'm leaning toward the 49 with flathead, lowered and maybe a chop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. custom300

custom300

Mine is a 1950 Custom 2dr sedan that I converted into a gasser. My brother and I put the straight axle under it. And I put new rockers, front pans in it, radiused the rear wheels and added a the hood scoop. It has mustang bucket seats for the interior, a 9 inch ford rear end, MT radar front wheels and new OE Chrome wheels and Hurst recap slicks for the rear.I ran it last year with a 355ci 450hp SBC and Muncie 4spd. I have since blown that motor and a freind is rebuilding another 355 SBC to about 570Hp and I purched a AutoGear 4spd for it this year. My times last year where between 13.41 and 13.61's at 101-103mph. You can find video of it on YouTube under Thompsons Garage Gasser. Hope you like it. The photos below are from the day a got it and when i finished painting it before getting it lettered.

Kevin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  7. matachangos

matachangos
    from Gretna, NE

Here's my 50 Coupe. This is how i got it, 1 owner car from Austin. About 70% torn apart now. Going through the whole enchilada. Stickin with the flatty, haven't settled on tranny, gonna put in an 8". Kind of winging it from there. Family was always into cars when i was a kid, mom drove a bone stock 50 Club Coupe to the car shows. Kind of looked wimpy next to Dad's R Code 67 Fairlane Post Sedan.

Attached Files:

8. superchiicken

superchiicken

any one got a pair of club coupe rear quarter pop/flip out windows for sale? my 1950 is a business coupe. looking to put fresh air in the back... shoot me an email with pics and prices..

9. Carfanatic

Carfanatic

Here's mine been trying to buy it for 4 years and finally did.

Attached Files:

10. Dar73

Dar73

I've always wanted to be in a club

Attached Files:

dwollam likes this.
  11. eye bone

eye bone

Hey do you know… is that McGarity's ol' shoebox, he sold awhile ago, from up around Sacramento? I think his first name was Bill…

12. Dar73

Dar73

No, we have had this one for the better part of 20 years or so. Art Chrisman built the flathead, Junior Conway spent years on the body and paint and my father, Dan Houck, is responsible for the custom touches. This was the cover car on Rodders Journal # 20. It was on display at the NHRA museum for 5 or 6 years.

13. eye bone

eye bone

Thanks!… It's a very beautifully done car… enjoy it! And now that McGarity's "Elvis 50 Ford" car is starting to come back to me I can see the difference… it was nice too though!

14. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Here's a Shoebox for ya !!

Attached Files:

15. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, I’ve been trying to see if anyone can identify the clone that I’m building with no luck. I've had it on the main message board. I think that the name I have given the thread may be to general. I was trying to keep my life as uncomplicated as possible. I've succeeded. It's a '50 ford coupe that was the car that captured me as a teenager and set the direction of my life. I am enclosing a few pics and the link to the thread. It's time to come out of the closet. Check my thread out and tell me what you think.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406588&highlight=late+introduction

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  16. Chopt50Ford

Chopt50Ford

Heres a couple pictures of my '50.

Attached Files:

17. buster6972

buster6972
    from Florida

Dar73 that is one of my favorite Rodder's Journal. That car really inspire me as a builder, and I love Conway's shoebox as well. Thanks for posting

18. CoryV

CoryV

We dont exactly know why Cory's ride is'nt finished yet. 111.jpg .

19. Dar73

Dar73

Thanks Buster6972.

20. Crestliner

Crestliner

Lost all my pictures when my old computer crashed. This is the only one I have. Crestliner was redone in 1976 and still looks good going down the road. Keep saying i'm going to slick it up and paint. Don't want any more show cars, just nice drivers.

Attached Files:

21. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Here's a quick update on mine. compared to post #457 when I got it.

Attached Files:

dwollam likes this.
  22. 1fineline

1fineline

Just bought a 50 ford tudor this morning, I'm in, will post pics when I get her home this week! She aint much now, but she sure is in my visions!

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Chopped 51 Vickies?

24. russerts

russerts

Hey, I was just getting some sheet metal bent today and the local guy had a 32 Plymouth (I think) in his shop so he could make the doors work. He said he wasn't doing anything else, because it was to be a rat rod - rusted out doors, no panel in the top, no paint, etc.
    I just realized that I can save a ton of money next year - instead of reworking my body and getting a decent paint job, I can just sand off all the paint and leave it outside next winter! Fat fender rat rod here we come...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  25. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Well , I'm finally in the club . I picked up a '49 coupe yesterday . I don't have any decent pics of it yet , but here are a couple to show the car as it sits (No mags) . Nope , it's not a gasser ... it's just without it's engine/trans . Soon to be fitted with a 302 Ford ... and getting a little TLC .

Attached Files:

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Not a pic of another Shoebox, but an idea for '51 Fords: there is an ad on San Francisco Bay Area craigslist-S.F.-cars for sale-private party (not mine) "shoebox 1951 Ford (Stkton)" that has a 1951 1 Ton Chevy Truck grill in it and fits real good. worth a look if you can find it. do not know how to drag link over. oh ya, it runs/ has upgrades and is only looking to get $1500 for it

27. kage3000

kage3000
    from Seattle

If moredoors are accepted; I'd love to join.

Attached Files:

60Apache10 likes this.
  28. Erwin

Erwin

I like that.

29. Thought i better finally post my shoebox pics

Attached Files:

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

That looks sweet, nice ride!