Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a goldmine in Southern West Virginia!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

How far away from Martinsburg is Odd??? Take a shot of the 32's, The sedan shown looks to be a 30/31, Good luck in the hunt:)

2. Black Primer

Black Primer

Back around 1980, I drove out to WV to buy a 70 mach 1 from some guy. He met us in town and we followed him to his place. As we drove further and further into the backwoods we began to wonder. When we finally arrived at his shack, we weren't expecting much. He took us into his shop and it was unbelievable! He was a harley mechanic, and his tool-box was worth more than his house. This car was immaculate! Money changed hands and I drove her home....needless to say I would never dismiss what a WV car guy says is true.

3. amctilldeath

amctilldeath
    from Wisconsin

awesome man... some of us had faith... thanks for getting back to us... come spring i may be making a road trip:)...

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

Just because........

As a general rule I don't believe anything posted on the internet until I see it myself.

He's most likely telling the truth but it's all B.S. until you come up with the goods.

if you google a place in West Virginia called "Odd"

I do know where this is though. :D

5. Flatman

Flatman

6. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

291 john bolen rd odd west virginia here is the adress to the yard with a shit ton of cars in the pic from google earth

7. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

I have a sneeky feeling this find will pan out to be good , I've been to W.V to pick up a few cars and seen alot more in fields but I can tell you this if you see a 41 willys sitting in a field with wagon wheels lined up beside it , Just pass it by the guy will flass ass shoot ya if you pull into his drive way... folks there are different then us if you have tattoos and spikes they frown on that knock out a few teeth ((( well knock them all out and just leave one and a half teeth mess up your hair and have your small daughter wink at you alot and you'll fit right in ... Man this is no joke ... Also anyone around Ridgeway Missouri cantact me I can hook you up with a junk yard full of 60's and 70's rods also know where there is a 426 Hemi Powered funny car he won't sell it or atleast wouldn't 10 years ago but he has a glass t bucket body a 73 vette no title and a 60's model chrysler too some he will sell the funny car he wont no heres the kicker he lives 100 miles away from where all these cars are sitting

8. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Yes!! , by the way there is a homade round track there because he said he wanted to take the 32 coupes and make round track cars for the track !! , and for the smartass who thinks were toothless baby fuckers , have you looked around your "Ohio" lately?

9. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Found more in the back of the track to the south!! I'm only 3:07 away!!

[​IMG]

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

11. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

20 bucks say he's from W.V lol

12. hahahahaha, i saw that but couldnt get it very clear, looks like a circle track with lots of old metal stting around

13. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

awesome man, it just goes to say they are still out there sometimes in plain sight

14. Are you planning a trip Dave??? :D

15. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

you guys keep knockin' West Virginia.....I was born down in "Bloody Mingo"...google that!.........and kin to the Hatfields.......google that also........

Hey Ratroddude...buy em all..........the hell with the rest of the naysayers......

Mark

16. wvenfield

wvenfield

You're on.

17. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Any 37 Ford Slantbacks or Humpbacks? Daddy want!

18. mrsaturn

mrsaturn

Looking forward to this list. I need me a project (and a garage!)

19. i know of several yards with highly usable parts and some with cars that look like they were forgotten by time. the cars now are rotted ghosts and are so far sunken into the soil it would take military equipment to get them out, probably to destroy them in the process. it is as if the owner is in a contention to "die with the most toys" and he could give a shit about anyone wanting to actually USE a whole car or bring it back to life. i totally detest those people..... they want a mint for junk and wont come off of it until the EPA comes down on their asses. yep, these were impala wagons,bubbletops, SS', lots of glasshouses, some old OLD caddys, mopars, bombs from the 50s and back, and the douchebag kids that took over would try to sell you some $50,000 57 chevy while youre ass deep in oil and mud trying to source that rare piece of stainless trim they might have from a LaSalle thats all complete... total douches. and i'm from WV. still in WV. sometimes its possible to find a deal or a field of them. a few Gs in your pocket, a trailer, and a trip out some BFE country road can make your weekend if you look in the right places. i found those places, but no luck from the owners.....

20. dadseh

dadseh

Hey Nova... you win!!!
    his cell phone is registered in Bluefield WV.

21. Doug B

Doug B

Now thats funny,right there...

I'm hanging around for the pics...this might be good.

22. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

The Cramps are from ohio, Ohio george montgomery thats 2 things right there that are way better than marilyn douche bag. Im not surprised this coming from a person with ratrod in their name on a hot rod web site!!!

23. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

well,this thread started good at least.

24. Marilyn Manson is from Ft. Lauderdale...

25. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

He was born in ohio is what he was referring to.

26. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

HotrodLinkin said: "well,this thread started good at least."

Jimi: Yeah, kind of a shame when you see it coming. RatrodDude, just let the jazz roll off your back (I was born in KY and raised in WVa & Ohio, so I've heard every wisecrack known to man! LOL). Some of these guys are just horsin' around and TRYING to pull your chain. ANY time somebody comes up with a promising Vintage Tin find, believe me, most of us appreciate it! Hang in there, man.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

27. Cochino

Cochino

Any more pics yet!

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, not till spring. He crashed his daily trying to get to them.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

someone please close this debacle

30. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

VonRigg, yeah, looks as if it's not going anyplace now & it's a damn shame. Unless somebody else near there can follow up, we'll never know what he was on to. Me, I love WVa, but I'm too poor to drive down that far just on spec. Too bad it turned out like this.