Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dad is not doing well...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly, Dec 31, 2009.

1. 28Abone

28Abone
    from Toronto

Be strong for him, prayers to you..... and your family Dennis.

2. celticskull

celticskull

i know exactly how you feel i lost my mum 2 years ago today
    i hate this time of year

i hope your dad pulls through mark

3. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Asking the big guy in the sky to help your pops. My prayers are with your pops, you, and your family.

4. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

thoughts and prayers sent for you and your dad

5. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I wish you the very best and pray that things work out for you and your Dad .
    Lost my Dad , 27 years ago December 13 . This time of year is still very hard for me especially since I met my wife 3 months after my Dad passed ! Then I ask when my wifes birthday is ,December 13 ! Kinda spooky buy my Dad knew what I needed . A good wife to keep me out of trouble .
    Sometimes you just never understand why GOD does what he does .
    Best wishes for you & your Dad !

RetroJim

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  6. Praying. My father and I were very close. He died just over 7 years ago, he is with the Lord but I still miss him. I conducted his funeral (I am a Baptist minister), which was his request and my privilege. I'll always be glad that I did.

7. Cal-Paul

Cal-Paul

I feel your pain.I lost my pop 2 yrs ago.....Prayers sent to you and your family

8. Thanks, you guys & gals.

I want to thank each and every one of you for taking your time out on today of all days, tonight of all nights to pray for someone you've never met.

Dad "responded" to my telling him that I love him and there were a lot of prayers goin up for him by moving his thumb...once more I told him "I love you dad" and he did it again...so yeah, I think he knows. This old cowboy layin there has outlived most of his bull ridin/saddle bronc ridin buddies from back in the day, names nobody but a true rodeo fan would recognize...having met just a few of these characters in my youth I was somewhat envious of the adventures they must have had, but I have to admit the old man is a lot tougher than I am, even as frail as he appears to be right now.

All my stuff aside for a bit though...Whatever your plans are this New Years, please be safe, but enjoy the year you were blessed with, and may the new one be the best you've ever known...filled with all the good things that make life enjoyable.

God bless you all,
    Mark

9. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Mark,

Thanksfor the update. Glad to hear your dad responded to you. Hopefully this will pass and you, your dad, and the rest of your family can have a great 2010...and many more!! HAPPY NEW YEAR. Al.

10. From "A Cowboy's Prayer" by Badger Clark:

Oh Lord, I've never lived where churches
    grow.
    I love creation better as it stood
    That day You finished it so long ago
    And looked upon Your work and called it
    good.
    I know that others find You in the light
    That's sifted down through tinted window
    panes,
    And yet I seem to feel You near tonight
    In this dim, quiet starlight on the plains.

May God be with you and your Dad Mark; tonight, tomorrow and for many days to come.

11. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Prayers sent for your Dad and your family. GOD bless.

12. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Prayers sent from South Georgia. I just talked to my Dad on the phone and made it a point to let him know I love him! Pop's may live another 72 years, but we're not promised tomorrow, so let's not forget to let each other know we care.
    Gonna keep praying for your Dad and your family, Mark.

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

Prayers up for your Dad and your Family .
    Danny

14. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your dad and family are in my Prayers.

15. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Prayers sent............good luck

16. Well,

Today dad is trying to open his eyes, and is responding to people talking...the prayers and his being the tough old cowboy he is are pulling him through this...

Just wanted to come back and thank y'all again :)

Mark

17. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Keep us posted .......Many prayers are with him.....

18. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Mark, I had almost the exact same thing happen to my pop almost 2 and a half years ago. I feel your pain and I pray to god that your father will recover and come home.

19. Cal-Paul

Cal-Paul

Glad to hear the update and hear he's responding.More prayers sent out

20. prayin for your dad and your family. In reading your last post, it is apparent that your dad is a fighter and has faith. Two great attributes that may suprise the dostors yet. Prayin for the best to happen. Bud

21. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Mark,

Just came back to look for an update....glad to hear there has been some improvement. Thoughts and prayers still heading your way. Best of luck to you all. Heres to a full recovery and a happy new year. Al.

22. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Fantastic and we all hope that he continues to recuperate!!!! All our best wishes!!!

23. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

24. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

25. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

Mark, I know the valley that you are in. My father is my best friend and when he had a heart attack it was one of the hardest moments in my life. Prayer changes ALL things and because of that, my Pops is still out in the shop with me every day building Hotrods together and having a blast. I will pray for your Father and your family as you go through these trying times.
    Derrek

26. Hey y'all...just takin' time to make an update:

Last night I had an appointment to sing at a family type thing up in the NWA area, the fellow in charge had called and asked if I was still going to be able to make it. I know Dad wouldn't have had me miss it...

...so I went.

I was hoping to be here at the hospital when dad woke up, but...somewhere around 9:30 PM last night, they took the tube out...he was asking for something to drink, he is talking now, and awake. Still healing from the pneumonia...but...the doctors say there are no signs of his having had a heart attack this time!

PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED, My dad will be coming home with us soon. Once again he has had help from God to baffle the doctors who must have lost money on bets...each time saying it was the last time...LoL!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS :)

27. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks for the GREAT update Mark. It is good hear this one looks to be heading for a happy ending. Cheers!!!

28. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

prayers sent,,, hang in there bud..

29. yardgoat

yardgoat

Prayers sent,good news update and will remember your family in prayer.Remember,,,its not over till GOD says its over.......If you ever need to talk pm me, God bless........YG

30. Idlzruf

Idlzruf

Awesome glad to hear the good news. Lost my mom this dec first I know the feeling seeing them lying there and not being able to do much. Cherish the time you 2 have now.

leo