Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodding and young guys. How many are there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderhart Speed, Jan 1, 2010.

1. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

28 here

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. MrLoose

MrLoose

"Im 24 and theres so much more"

3. duste01

duste01

I'm younger than most my cars.....

4. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

I'm 30 also and DMFB couldn't have said it better:D

5. Kiwi Hot Rod Kid

Kiwi Hot Rod Kid

Hey Guys, I'm 14 and I am nearly finished building a Model A RPU from bits me and Dad had lyin' around..

[​IMG]

Cheers Bill. :cool:

6. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

25 or 26?
    Own my own shop-no rods-kustoms only.

7. fiki

fiki

8. lonelywanderer

lonelywanderer
    from hawaii

22, been into cars since i was little

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

It's a trick question. All Hot Rodders are young, just some have more mileage than others.

10. Im 16 been into traditional hot rods all my life

i work at Juarez Traditional Fabrication rod shop 3 days a week and the other two im at college wasting my time for a bit of paper ???

ive just bought a fibreglass 28/9 roadster body(if you dont like glass then go and find me a real one in the same condition and price i got mine for) thats got more hot rod history than a lot of cars out there and a stock A frame and ive been slowly collecting parts since i was around 9 just getting the bits together and should start bolting it together soon

Cheers

11. year i can agree with that.
    I'm 23, work whatever manual jobs i can get, been into the cars Kulture for about 5 years, and engines for longer. I'm working on a 48 chev pickup, and have a 53 chev sedan, rigid evo, 54 chev ute, and about 15 other projects on the back burner.
    cheers tyler

ps. theres only two other guys i know of in Western Australia that are into the car kulture :confused:

12. freebird101

freebird101

13. CadillacMat

CadillacMat

23 here been helping my dad since i could walk
    first car was a 55 merc had many cars now i got a model a

14. 454navyss

454navyss

15. sic944t

sic944t
    from ohio

i just wanna say its not hard too do if you dad or someone has paved the way with tools and money dont take that wrong but paying for your own shit your own tools and you own workspace really seperates the men from the boys having said that ...

im 24 i have a ice cream factory from 1920 which houses my bridgeport that i love my whole slew of crap tools torchs ect.
    1925 dodge
    1932 auburn
    and a 55 ford mainline
    i have worked and paid for all this myself that probably why non of the cars are finished ha but ive got the ball rolling non the less

16. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

23 been into cars forever.. mainly muscle car but just recently started liking the real old cars.. building a 51 chevy sports coupe

17. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

I'm 27 been in the garage since diapers. Help dad build a 32' 3 window from 15-17. Got into drag racing from then until 3 years ago. And started saving to be able to build my 30-31 model a roadster. There is something to be said about how much you appreciate things when you pay for them by yourself.

18. smarg

smarg

Im a freshman In High School been trying to bang this thing out before summer.
    [​IMG]

19. 27 Here. I've always been into cars and mechanical stuff. I bought a house with a garage when I was 22 so I had a place to store my junk. I've bought and sold junk, cars, tools etc to get what I need and to keep my car budget separate from my house and savings. That's why I'm slow to get stuff and take time to get it done.

20. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

haha i wish i had a rich daddy, but if i did i wouldn't have that feel of earning something. my dad hasent even seen my car yet. he can care less i think.

21. 2Hep

2Hep

I'm 33 and in the same boat as this guy. Grew up in my Dad's highschool ride (31 AV8) now its mine...and I've been hooked eversince.... come to think of it I've had my hair greased back since I was old enough to stay up and watch Sha-na-na.

Not to jump on the my dad, my family hype "this and that": But we're all here for reason. My props go out to the guys in highschool rocking this shit. It takes heart, I remember being in highschool in upstate NY and being mocked for driving a "an Old POS" 64 Corvair Spyder, about how that was uncool and I might aswell live on street cause it wasn't a New Honda Hatch or VW (and that really wasn't all that long ago... early-mid 90's).

22. willburton7

willburton7

Im 23 and been at it for a while bought my 51 merc when I was 18, and I have since built a house, shop and Have had a little girl. So yeah my merc is not done. I put every spare dime I got into it and BEER! haha

23. buker60

buker60
    from NYC

I'm 27, have loved old cars since I can remember.

24. borntobewild

borntobewild

I´m 28 and have started my first hotrod project its a 31 ford A phaton. And i build it to a roadster pick up. I've built before some other cars, including a 69 Ford Torino GT

25. Im 31 , started out with a 67 Chevelle at 15 yrs old,I had it before I could drive it. Was at Brotherhhod Raceway(terminal Island) every weekend racing the shit out of that car. I got the merc when I was 20 slammed it drove it stock for years then put it under the knife in 2005. Never much interest in customizing a new car..... I dont want to pull up to a intersection and see someone with same car.

26. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I'm 30, been doing this for 15 years now. I'm starting my own business and I too see nothing but the 50 plus crowd but then again they are the ones that have been there done that and now want to pay someone else to build it for them, the youngin's for the most part just don't have the coin to pay someone else to do it for them.

27. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

just turned 50......still not sure what i want to be when i grow up

Gary

28. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Nice to see there are others out there like me!! I've been a rodder for as long as I could remember, just didn't have a lot of money when I was younger. Picked up an 84 mustang GT when I was 14, rebuilt it, then picked up a 91 stang 4cyl to drive when I turned 16 (the GT wasn't done yet). Sold that for an 89 5.0-had the car for 50 days, about 25 of which were spent hoppin' it up. Day 50 it met a tree, a boulder, and a telephone pole-which is when I learned the value of traction, haha. Picked up a 91 5.0 and transferred all the good parts from the wrecked one to that and had a badass 12 sec car-at 17 years old. Had to do everything on my own-my old man didn't have the time or energy to help out and my friends were into imports. So between school and work the little time and money I had I think I did alright. I always wanted a rod but couldn't afford it-hence the stang. Got to college and said fuck it, I'm building a rod no matter how broke I am. So I made friends with a guy who had a barn, started collecting parts and started building my car. As you all may know-tools and school is very expensive, so the car isn't done yet but shes getting there. Still have the stang, have a 08'nightster I tore down and hopped up (worked at a harley shop through college-couldn't pass up the deal and gas savings) and a 94 f150 flare side with 250,000+ on her, still going strong.

29. LAWMAN1932

LAWMAN1932
    from deuceville

29 and i live for rodding

30. Im 17 and am building a 53 ford victoria!