Register now to get rid of these ads!

Three Stooges-some great old iron!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buildy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

I watched them for about 3 hours of their marathon, those guys were great.

2. flyin-t

flyin-t

I'm a Keaton fan too, so much so that my son's name is Keaton.

But I'm a Stooges and Laurel and Hardy fan too. They were all on TV every Sat. night when I was a kid in the late 50s and early 60s. And they played their films at Shakeys pizza parlor back in the day on weekends while you had dinner there. It was great.

I have an old Ford Times magazine from the 70s that has an article about a guy that bought a 34 ford 4 door convert and it turned out to be the one used by the Stooges and others on the Columbia lot back in the day.

3. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

I watched a couple hours last night, those guys are fricken awesome!!!!

4. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

I love the stooges My son loves the stooges. And I love the cars they have.

5. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

yes,that's just it-most of the shows now SUCK! Well,besides some HGTV,DSC,SPEED,DIY,etc. I know someone who still watches SNL:eek: That was dumb in the early 90's. Just like radio-I haven't listened the 'radio' since the 90's either,xcept for some news in the morn.,same stupid shit over and over and over. Thank goodness for the internet. Sorry to rant.

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I just lost ALL respect for you, Steve!!:D

What other little surprises do you have for us??????????:eek:

7. My theory on why women hate 'em. They all secretly fear that this is how their men act at work.
    "Here's the problem, these pipes are fulla wire." Larry

8. rusty28a

rusty28a

traditional comedy!

9. Stooges were traditional rodders before it was cool
    [​IMG]

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I must be that 2012 thing, people on here who don't like the stooges?!!:confused: I was raised watching stooges reruns, anybody from The area around Cleveland who used to watch Super Host? He was always playing stooges. WUAB-43 [​IMG]

11. In Chicago, it's Rich Koz (who for 30 years has been horror movie host, Svengoolie) and his weekly Stooge-A-Palooza show
    [​IMG]

12. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Stooges Rule!

Dewey,Cheatum & Howe

13. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Paging Dr. Fine, Dr.Howard, Dr.Fine !

14. Watched the Stooges all last night, fell off the couch laughing at least 3 times, what a great way to start the new year!

15. banjo

banjo

the "brideless groom" when moe and shemp are in the phone booth, moe says, "get the f##k offa my foot" i watched the stooges for years and never caught that, but 2 years ago my wife did!

16. This is my general opinion too, although I can take the Stooges in small doses some of it makes me smile :rolleyes:. Marx Bros. and Buster Keaton definitly! Don't forget Bugs, I've seen him in a few "Jalopies". I also like my humor a little dark like Dr. Strangelove.

17. If you can't appreciate the Stooges comedy somethins wrong witya, dats my pinion.;) My 10 year old and I laugh together watching their antics, did a research paper on them and there is some cool facts to learn. All were related except for Larry. Curley was my favorite and Shemp was classic. Curley actually had a limp from I believe shooting himself in the foot as a kid.He also was quite the debonaire ladies man.:eek::) The vintage tin was a bonus while watching them. My faves were the home improvement episodes and the one arm in the coat punching skit.:D

18. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Did anyone catch Tom Bergerons interview with Larry and Moe? They played the tapes on Sirius Howard 100 at the end of October. Truly amazing stuff! I loved them before hearing the interviews but I liked them even more after.

19. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  20. Muttley

Muttley

I had no idea my lack of love for the Stooges would fire so many of you guys up. :D ;)

21. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

If you haven't seen "The three farting stooges full" on you tube you are missing out. Don't blame me if you piss yourself laughing:D:D

22. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yup Muttley, as you said "Alot of people say I have a weird sense of humor" and they are correct! :D

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

The stooges were physical comedy the marx brothers were both physical and verbal.Either way the stooges are way ahead of there time and were a direct influence on people like jim carey,and Mr bean.All that aside just the amount of cars they manage to put in there shows was worth watching alone,a great slice of years gone by,they were genious at what they did,they will never be repeated.

24. Jimv

Jimv

if you watch it on You tube its at 5:05 seconds. Sound exactly like thats what he says!!lol
    JimV

25. hermit54

hermit54

watching the twilight zone marathon,talk about kool cars!!!
    had a 2 seater looked like a roth creation with bubbles for windshield.

26. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

27. The Stooges were on Hitler's Death List because of their anti-Nazi humour in a film they made several months before Chaplin's Great Dictator.

28. Just watched the Farting Stooges....fuckin hilarious!!!!

29. OK! now I remember what I liked as a kid. I've been watching the YouTube stuff and laughing my ass off. I take back what I said before, they may be stupid but I still watch. :p