Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT/How many HAMBers play music?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Oct 26, 2004.

1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I've been playing the guitar since i was 15,am 28 now and my gear is a 1978 Fender Strat'lefty' with a Kahler lockdown tremelo,a Washburn D12S 'lefty'acoustic and a Montana CL80'lefty'classical i play old N.W.O.B.H.M Metal,classic rock,blues mostly.

2. Drive on

Drive on

Where are the HIGH SCHOOL CAESAR boys at? There are 4 of them on the hamb in one band. Well I'll plug'm
    Bubba
    Boomboom
    Hamilton
    Hankcash
    Guitar George
    www.highschoolcaesar.com

Attached Files:

3. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I've played music my whole life.

4. SimonSez

SimonSez

I have been mucking around at home for years on guitar, but was pretty crap.

Couple of years ago I bought a neat old '60s Jansen Bass (made here in New Zealand) at a swapmeet and started playing around with that.

In the last few months I've been in a band with some of the other local rodders. We have had a few practices and played a couple of gigs at our clubrooms. I'm still pretty crap, but getting a bit better and it's damn good fun [​IMG]

5. k9racer

k9racer

I have really enjoyed this thread. I am glad to see so many talented folks here. So I was thinking next year at the HAMB DRAGS maybe Pleeeeeeeezzze make some music. Thank you from a guy that has trouble playing a am radio. Bobby..

6. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

In order of proficiency:
    Percussion(symphony)
    Guitar
    Harmonica
    Jaw harp
    Paint bucket

7. demonspeed

demonspeed

I play guitar in a metal band and imalso doin a one show blues band this winter. I got an ESP m-100 and a Jackson js 30. My amp is a crate 90 watt head with a marshall mg4-12 cab and i got a line 6 spider 112 for when i dont wanna haul the stack around. I play a lot of metal, punk, blues, stuff like that.

8. Spoon

Spoon

I've played in a band called Sleazy Mancini since '96. '50s and '60s instrumental big guitar stuff. We've played everywhere there is to play in DFW several times over. I pretty much only play Gretsch guitars through Fender amps. But I do have a Strat., Paul, gold top, and a few others. I've drank my weight in free booze.[​IMG]
    Here's one of me in the studios back in '02. Pree tattoos...

[​IMG]

9. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

yea ive been in a few bands. from really horrible punk. to happy poppy emo punk (my girlfriend hates me i want to die shit) and even did a breif stint playing guitar for a rap metal band when that got big a few years back. most fun ive had was playing bass for a grind band. we used to open a phone book and use a phone number for our notes. that lasted like 2 months and 1 show and we broke all our equip at the show so no more band [​IMG] [​IMG]
    but right now i dont play anything any more. [​IMG]

10. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I'm pretty amazed that we haven't heard fron any Keytar players yet!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. 30coupe

30coupe

Played in a band for 9 years, then got too busy with my real job and had to give it up.

Fender Jazz Special 4 string bass. Alvarez acoustic guitar.
    Six string banjo.

Had but sold/traded: Alvarez acoustic (dove), Fender Telecaster Deluxe (US made), several others.

Mostly just fart around with the six string these days, just for fun.

12. nzsimon

nzsimon

I play guitar I also own the oldest company in the music business here in New Zealand there is one of our guitars in the hard rock cafe in New York

13. Crease

Crease

Im not a musician, but I do play the drums. [​IMG]

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

I have been playing the drums for the last 8 or so years.

Mostly hardcore punk rock stuff

L
    PMA

15. unpunk01

unpunk01

I play mostly punk and rockabilly...guitar junky!
    1963 Gretsch 6121
    1962 Gretsch 6120 prototype (made for Chet himself)
    1999 Gretsch 6120 KS
    1968 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Les Paul Deluxe
    1994 Les Paul Standard
    1994 Epiphone Sorrento
    2000 Fender Telecaster '52 Reissue
    1955 Martin D28
    2000 Martin D15
    1948 Fender Dual 8 Pro (Steel Guitar)
    Marshall 8080 Valvestate
    Fender Concert
    1952 Gibson GA8

If anyone is interested there are some pics on my webpage
    http://www.geocities.com/unpunk01/

...all that and I've never been on stage!

16. candyman

candyman

I play drums, bass and guitar. I write songs for my band. I play as a hobby. I have no interest in being some sort of rockstar or something. I could live off my music if I wanted to.. but then it would just be another job wouldn't it. I am not listing my gear here as it would take me forever... as I have enough gear to literally equip 3 bands.

17. rich^vic

rich^vic
    from Victoria

damn those are beautiful horns.. *sniff*
    how much do I have to save up for one of those nowadays? 5-6 grand? [​IMG] I played an old school, godawful Conn in a Jazz/Dixie combo a lifetime ago. I should pick it up again..

-Richard

[ QUOTE ]
    Sax...Selmer MK VI tenor

[/ QUOTE ]

18. aedan

aedan
    from ###

yeah man i play bass i got a tobacco sunburst copy of a fender p-bass and a 20 watt ashton amp i also play drums and a lil guitar i would love to use vintage equipment but once again i cant afford it im only 15

19. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ve been playing the piano for about 22 years now.It´s just my hobby and I should play more often. I´m getting out of practice.

20. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

DRUMS...imagine that!! [​IMG]

monkey

21. Hey Monkey,
    Double Bass.
    Soo... what we gonna call this band?!

Monkeybiker

22. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

1968 Fender Jazz Bass (ex-wife hated music so I never played in a band.)
    Said I'd "look" at Bar Whores ?

23. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

This is an old thread. It's dug up, so I'll contribute.

Meet Rosie.

Attached Files:

24. jangleguy

jangleguy

Did it for my living for 23 years. Mostly acoustic original stuff with small bands.
    Quit performing in '96 to play with cars full time. Last year, I came out of hiding to play at Speed Week and the HAMB Drags, plus some festival gigs, while I was on the road. Now I'm playing small coffee shops with a band called The Constant Tourists - Guitar, accordian and violin. Fun stuff.

25. cafekid

cafekid

yup i got my first drum set when i was 3 [(one of the very last remo jr. pro's) still have it too] i just recently sold my late 60's gretsch 5 piece that i rescued from my highschool jazz band. i play a premier set thats hand made in england.i have had a guitar since i was in jr high and have yet to learn how to play it but some day i will lol.

26. hotcargo

hotcargo

Yep , I'm a retired engineer , but a working musician for the last 45 years ....freelance bass player , Blues , Country , Jazz , Rock , etc ....live , studio , radio , TV , etc

My instruments include a 1940's German Upright Working mans Bass , Musicman Stingray 5 custom , Ibanez BTB 5 , Fender Jazz , etc

my amps are .....Ashdown Engineering 500 watt head with a Genz Benz 4 x 10 bin , Fender 100 watt Bassman , Fender 60 watt Bassman Frontline , ...Fender Twin

guitars are ....Fender Strat , Gary Levinson Blade , Texas Guitars accoustic , Takemine G Series semi accoustic

plus the other stuff here , keyboards , banjo's , bongo's , drums , percussion , PA's etc

Interesting to read , others are into music , cars , bikes , etc ........people think I'm just so weird ........." YOUR A MUSO AND YOU PLAY WITH CARS N BIKES "

cheers

Steve in Oz

27. Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

Started on double bass playing rockabilly, then concentrated on guitar, blues rock, then all originals. Thousands of gigs, had a record deal for a while.At the moment I play lead and sing backing vocals in two original country bands(The T-Bones http://www.myspace.com/thetbones and Andre Camilleri and the Broken Hearts http://www.andrecamilleri.com/) bands and have my own part time band doing my own stuff called Fourdoorshitbox.Made about twelve records over the years, never made a lot of money...still I consider myself lucky to have had the times we had .

Recently did "In the Bacharach of the ute" where I built a stage on the back of my ute and we played a bracing set of Burt......just as I was singing "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" the heavens opened.....

[​IMG]
    My bits and pieces include...
    1930 Kaycraft
    1955 Maton cutaway F hole
    1993 Woodtone 0016
    1964 Gretsch Country Gentleman
    5 Fender US Tele's
    2 Partscasters
    Musicman RD210
    Fender Concert 2x10 1980
    Fender Vibrolux Reverb 1971
    Various small valve amps

did a "reunion" with a band I played with for years last week, only played three gigs in ten years but it all just falls in to place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBYdBj7Tyaw
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

28. vertible59

vertible59

Bass player...haven't played on stage in many years, but it never leaves you. I still play my '84 Rickenbacker 4003, through a Silvertone Twin Twelve, daily. Also own some strange basses like an '85 Fender Performer, '85 Fender Katana, '78 Fender Musicmaster, '70 Univox fretless violin bass, '70 Univox fretted violin bass, and several other examples of low down weirdness.

29. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Tele, Strat and Marshall, "Its Only rock & Roll, But I like It"....

Now my warden/better half/the wife/or the war department: Grand piano, two electric piano's, tenor sax, stand up bass, Ovation guitar and the violin which I cannot stand..... The warden has all the talent, not me.......

30. raven

raven

'76 Ibanez copy of a Gibson 25SG.
    The one that got Ibanez sued by Gibson. They had to remake the guitar after that.
    My grandad's '47 Silvertone
    Accoustic Yamaha
    Regal steel bodied resonator
    Alvarez 12 string accoustic

r