Register now to get rid of these ads!

Never to Old to Learn....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Dec 30, 2009.

1. what a great change dude! its great you save the drama for your wife as thats her craft. these are the kind of shows that in 20 years they will still be fresh. take a bow!

2. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Jesse,
    What a Craftsman you are, I wish I had your equipment, especially the PULLMAX, and could bend metal like that, it's a little tougher with welding tanks and telephone poles. Anyway great video, thanks for sharing, HAPPY NEW YEAR JESSE...
    Later,
    Billy

3. a.y1320

a.y1320

I'd watch these videos all day. Thanks for posting..

4. I have question for you.

I was watching motorcycle mania 3 and the part that shows you tig welding copper together what were you using for rod and what was the welder set at? The reason why I asked is that AZ license plate's from 1932-1934 where solid copper and I have one that needs some tears welded up. And as always thanks for all the tech info and cool post that you do on here when you have time. Here is what I am working on now.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300942

just watched the video and great info and I signed up for your page for more of the video's. Thanks for posting all the info.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  5. brady1929

brady1929

cool. you are the high priest of the metal church!

6. You know Jesse. Anybody can buy a frame,fenders,a couple wheels and bolt them all together. But I have the utmost respect for someone who can make something out of nothing! Cutting,re-shaping,stretching,shrinking,hammering,a piece of flat metal and ending up with a tank,fender,body panel,track-T nose,etc,is absolutely amazing! Guys with those talents are true craftsman. I like seeing how the metalwork is done on the machines like the french wheel,planishing hammers,etc. Thanks for the lesson.
    I did notice that you didn't mention the cost of that bitchin jig table...fess up!!! Are all the extra do-dads,tower, and attachments extra?

7. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very cool fun to see new tools.

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

You really do learn something new everyday. I did not know that Wednesday was wing day at Cisco's. I'm going to check that out, thanks for the tip!

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Jesse , that's way to kool ! Love it !
    I also open my mind up and learn something new everyday !

RetroJim

10. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hello Jesse, I along with most people have enjoyed your work and your tv shows as well. A lot of guys will try the methods you demonstrate including myself. However I would like to see you use eye protection when using power tools that may very well produce shrapnel. I know it's none of my business, but I have seen many eye injuries and will always urge a craftsman of whatever talent and skills to protect his eyes. Thanks for the post.

11. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

63 and still learning thx Roger

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, I have been following your work for years. I am pleased that all of this TV nonsense had not made you distant and removed from the rest of us schmucks.

Thanks again for passing it on!

Now, back to the bench to practice for me. Some day, I will make you all smile.

13. biggen

biggen

Would love to work with you for a week to just learn .

14. Amen Jesse
    Happy New Year

:cool:

15. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Pretty awesome.

16. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

fucking rad and much appreciated - thanks for the education!

17. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

You can slice open battery cable and use it for filler. Pretty low heat.

18. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this... watched it with my oldest boy (13), and we're heading to the garage to bond for while with some sheetmetal. Thanks from both of us for inspiring him to put down the game controller, and help make some memories.

Awesome indeed.

19. Magic

Magic

always cool when a craftsman shares a little of his knowledge, Thanks

20. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

Jesse. Was it these same guys that let you use the machines showed you how to use them?

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd move, and push broom for minimum for the opportunity to learn and move up. I have a deeply seeded need to work metal.

22. Thank Jesse
    Great info and very professionally done. Keep posting and I for one will keep watching.

AND Fuck You Too!! ;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Title tells all.....I am always wanting to learn. Thanks Jesse.

24. dido

25. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

really cool that you show these videos. I am really interested in learning how to move metal. I just need to find someone that has the equipment that would let me use them.

Jeff

26. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

To cool, I knew there was a story behind that.
    keep hitting the metal !!
    Brian

27. That's what separates the men, from the hillbillies assembling shit other people made, bitching at each other, tacking round stock together, and then sending it out for somebody else to paint.

28. word.

29. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

why can't that be on TV instead of all the other crap on the so called Speed channel or discover? or use this to replace those orange county morons who just kick down doors and weld shit on bikes in the name of "theme" and sponsors.

30. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I think 99.9 % of us would love to do that. Hell Iwould work for free to to gain a fraction of his mad skills!