Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you going to build your daughter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PoPo, May 23, 2008.

1. not sure. untill she learns how to handle a car she will be stuck with something with air bags (per my wife). when I know she can handle one maybe she can have the 32 truck. cuz my son already claimed the 35 tudor.

2. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

My teenage daughter wanted trade her!!!!gasp!!!Focus that I bought her to ride to high school, to a envoy, to ride back and forth to collage!!!
    The guy at the lot said, he didn't want to take the focus in as trade, but he had seen my 51 chevy coupe, and he would like to have it!!!
    In her most petite and childish, and innocent voice, she told him to go F, himself!!!!
    I have never been so much a Proud PaPa, as I was at that moment!!!!!

3. cretin

cretin

chastity belt

4. 666Irish

666Irish

When my daughter is old enough (she's almost 7 months now), she will be getting a beater until she has some road experience. Something smallish, but safe. Once she has some road time, and a healthy respect for the road, I will build her whatever she wants.

Before she can turn a key, she'll learn to turn a wrench.

By the way, this made my morning!

5. bobjob55

bobjob55

I got a '63 chevy carryall "burb"25 years ago.. my oldest daughter is 27.. she says that's her car when i get thru redoing it..wife laid claim to the '48 dodge 4 door choptop when i get it done.. my 16 year old girl,, and 14 year old boy ,, wants to know what kind of car i'm going to build for them...I'm 56 now,, and i still don't know what i'm going to build for myself if i give all my toys away to the famly!!!

6. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

My daughters are 4 and 6. They already have two 1950's concept cars, a 29 model a roadster, and a 57 chevy. Isn't that enough. Of course, all four of these cars fit in one garage and none are over 8 feet but they are all gas engines. They might be getting a 1956 Lincoln Futura soon too if they are nice for Santa

Attached Files:

7. chrisbob12

chrisbob12

When my daughter was in high school the school bus service stopped. She had to learn to drive that summer. Her mother was driving a 62 VW to college. We give my daughter that car to drive to school. I then purchased a 69 Toyota Corrolla with a bad engine. Fixed it and traded her. She wrecked that car and found a 27 Celica. Fixed it and she drove it until she got married. I just recelently restored a 1997 Mazada Matia for her. Now she is grown and happy as a lark. She is still my little girl

8. mb31coupe

mb31coupe
    from pa.

I built a 1970 chevelle with my daugther back in 97-98 when she was 15. notice I said with her not for her. we had a blast and she helped in every way from sanding, motor changing ect... she drove it to high school and still drives it today. she'll probaly never sell it. heres some pics of what it looks like today after the years :)

Attached Files:

9. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

My daughter is 3 years old.. and she already tells everyone she has a car and a motorcycle..unfortunately she wasnt meaning the battery operated one we bought he last year..
    the 68 mustang which will be detuned
    [​IMG]
    and my first harley will be hers..68 xlch
    [​IMG]

10. 35desoto

35desoto

mY FIRST DAUGHTER IS NOW 18 AND SORT OF LIKES THE OLDER CARS AND WANTS TO HELP ME REBUILD OUR 63 iNTERNATIONAL 1/2 TONNER. THE SECOND DAUGHTER 17 - WELL LETS SAYS SHE HAS A NEED FOR SPEED SO i'M DOING MY BEST TO DETUNE HER YET FOSTER THE INTERET IN THE OLD CARS. WE'RE PRESENTLY SHOPPING FOR A LATE 60'S THROUGH TO EARLY 80'S DODGE PICKUP
    DAMN - BETWEEN SCHOOL FEES AND DAUGHTERS WHEELS I'LL NEVER GET TIME FOR MY OWN PROJECTS!!!!!!

11. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I have built a car with each of my 3 kids. They learn how to wrench, weld, and paint while we work on it together. I do this since they don't have shop class in school anymore :mad:. My daughter was no different than my two boys. My daughter and I started her project 4 years ago when she was 15. It is a 63 Falcon Ranchero. Put in new hand formed floors, quarter, panels, etc in since it has some rust issues. Welded in a Mustang II IFS, 5.0 HO, 4 speed manual tranny. Just got it painted last summer, but still need to get it running. Below is a photo of her welding in one of the rear quarter panels that she hand fabricated at 16 years of age.

Attached Files:

12. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

My daughter is 37 and has her heart set on Dad coming up with a 65 Mustang. Maybe. I'm more of a Chevy guy. I'm not sure I can get a Mustang in the garage...

Maybe if I tell her she has to add on to her garage first that will bide me some more time.

13. mike bourg

mike bourg

My daughter is now 46 and she has been fixing her own cars since turning 18 and buying a gremlin, that car ate clutchs on a regular basis and I quite doing them after the 1st one and made her get out there and help, before she got rid of that pos she could do a clutch in 2 hours with it parked at the curb. she actually pises her husband off when she fixes his car and he can`t figure out whats wrong with... I figure i did something right a few yeares ago..

Mike

14. devotion

devotion
    from idaho

First off let me say I have two young daughters...one almost 2 and one a month and a half old. With that being said, no wagons. I "knew" a girl in HS who drove a Nomad...there is a lot of room in the back of those. Then again she probably would have found a way to "work things out" on a motorcycle. My 13yr old step son has no interest. He wants me to turn my 50 Ford into an electric vehicle. No, I am not kidding. I tried to get him out in the garage the other day to try welding and he did not want to get into some shoes and jeans...he was just to comfortable watching TV in his room.

15. millersgarage

millersgarage

I have an old quarter midget, that I will fix up for her now (she is 6) who knows what the future will bring

16. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

My girl is 23 now here a pic..she won 4 track champships..need to say more..O yea the car use to be MINE !!! own it for over 20 years so she grew up in it..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

We just bit the bullet and bought my daugher (now 16) a 63 Comet. 2 door Hardtop. V8/PS/PB/AC white with a red interior.
    Very cool car for a first car.

Attached Files:

18. Larrry Im proud of you and Holley for raising your Kids right! not only are they good people but they love classic and custom cars.It was meant to be ,damn buddy your wife was even named after high performance carbs ...........great job you two!

19. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

hey dont feel bad i picked up a 9o sunbird conv last week to flip my girl is 11 she said whats that for i said its going to be yours she said that thing is ugly i said well ride the bus then ..:eek:

20. my 18 year old daughter and I are building her a 62 chevy II nova.

21. Nepher

Nepher
    from Tracy, Ca.

a chastity belt!!! lol

22. I'm not going to build anything for her. If she wants a car she knows what to do.
    Usually when she gets stuck she calls me and I walk her through it. Been doing it that way a very long time and if I don't die in the very near future we'll continue to do it that way.

23. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

You guys are lucky I have twin girls ,Thank god they are only 7 right now ,Ive got 9 years to build them 2 cars ,Im waiting to see what cars they like...

24. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

25. crash11049

crash11049

I only have boys, but after hearing what they say... I would build my daughter A chrome plated chastity belt, with lojack

26. This is the first thing that popped in my head when I read this post. Stripe it in pink and let her rip. If you really are adventurous paint the whole car pink!

27. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I have 2 girls
    We'll build whatever they want together, but they HAVE to build, or at least customize their first car so they understand the vehicle, respect it, and value it.

they are 11, and 12, the youngest wants a hot rod truck, the oldest wants some type of mid-sized SUV, at least they got good taste, and the oldest can tow the youngin if needed lol

28. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

Wow, all I can say is how lucky these girls are. I did not have a dad who knew anything about cars and so I had to learn everything on my own. I would have loved to be able to build a car with my father when I was a kid (and pal around with him at cruise events).
    Rebecca

(PS: My father did do plenty of fun things with me but nothing to do with anything that has an engine).

29. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Not my daughter but my 5 year old sister. I have know clue what kind of car im gonna build her but its gonna be something bad! Probably a pink '59 Cadillac coupe is her ideal car!

30. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Whatever Princess wants !!!!