Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Motor City Motors, the new Monster Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amen, Thanks Dave.

A lot of crapola lately.

2. dragass

dragass

What the hell. All I get on the tv menu up here in Canada are reruns.

3. Dave my friend, I do agree that Detroit could use a shot in the arm. But I have a feeling, judging by the promos we are getting, that this is going to be more Jersey Shore than How It's Made. If you catch my drift.

In the latest spot they show one of the charicters breaking the rear glass. For artistic reasons.

4. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I agree alot to this nonsense needs to be on causeIcanbitch.com

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Amen dave....amen.

6. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Bwahahaha.

7. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Well said...Thanks.

8. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Ouch!

9. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

during all the biker build-off days they looked like college frat boys
    [​IMG]

now they look like they're in that shit band "disturbed" or maybe even "godsmack"
    [​IMG]
    <!-- ## WIDGETS [ context : in | columns : 1 / 2 ] --><!-- ## ARTICLE -->

10. 8-Track

8-Track

It looks like it will be a good show. i will watch it.

11. nutajunka

nutajunka

Those must be christmas bike's? Nutcrackers!..........:eek:
    Good luck though, it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

12. OK, so how long have you been watching "Days" to make a comparo to???:p

Not hatin' on ya, but you use far too many periods. A proper ellipsis is three periods only...like this.:D

Lighten up there, Francis. Enjoy the ^&%$*((%^-ing day, already!:rolleyes:

I'll actually WATCH the show tonight, then decide if it has merit, or sucks ass, like the vast majority of TV these days.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Your not the only one:)

Frank

14. Big Dad

Big Dad

I'm with Dave on this

15. slobroy

slobroy

I'll watch, then decide.

16. I won't judge until I actually watch it, although the Model "T"- Model "A" confusion does make me a bit skeptical from the start.

17. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Oh nuts...Have some more fun then while you watch tonight. Me.. I think I'll turn on my "Closed Caption" on the tube, and see how it goes watching with that on.:D

It's even more fun to watch stuff in those closed caption modes, and who ever is doing the typing, can't spell.:p

A thank you to Denise for letting me know about tonight's TV listing....Gee dear, if you had sent me some of your cookies, I could dunk some of those in my milk while I'm watching.:)

HellRaiser

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  18. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Ahhhhhhhhh! I don't think my eyes will ever heal!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I think I will be on the "no watch" list. Never been a big fan of Detroit Bros. bikes, and the '29 "T"(?) looks not to my taste from the promos. I do wish them luck though. My biggest problem with tv tonight is they moved the new "Myth Busters" to tonight... Damnit, this is "Top Gear" night! Oh the humanity...

20. There is no difference. My dad told me ONCE - you only get to bitch if you can do a better job, right now....this minute.

Many of the chronic "shit for brains" posters PAID for their rides and are what we in Montana call "all hat and no cattle cowboys".

Thanks Dave!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  21. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I'll give it a chance. If you don't like it don't watch. Pretty simple.........

22. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

The 1st 3 shows. :rolleyes:

I'll pass.

23. Larry T

Larry T

Well, the thing that bothers me is that someone doesn't seem to know what years they built T's, but they're still smart enough to make the show. If you're gonna do it, at least know a little about what you're working on. Some more "newspeak" in the works. If it's on tv, it's got to be gospel truth, right?
    I guess we'll have to wait and see if the Gasser has fenders.
    Larry T

24. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

I know James Real well and he is a cool dude. More Ideas, motivation, and personality than most guys on the Hamb. I also think there bikes kick ass! You love them or hate them, either way it will make you think outside the box. I was invited to do a bike week with the Detroit Brothers, It was a Car/Bike show and had a blast. I got to ride a DB bike and there was nothing like it! I hope the show is a hit and the guys do well, They have earned it! Hammer Hank

25. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Is that third one real? hahaha.

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Hmmmm....well I ain't a bitchin here, but yep, I think I could come up with a better show.

You see, I'd have this show about five midgets, who build a car. They've got to beat a dead line of course. Their build would be a 3/4 scale 32 coupe or roadster, using a V8 60 for power. Think about it...I'll bet you'd watch it. And it would be H.A.M.B friendly. They could build it, with out making it a rat rod thing. I don't remember who Jessie's "Little Helper" was on his show, but It would work.

That show would be on the Speed channel on Tuesday nights.

For Thursday nights, I'd have some of the lady hot rodders build a rod, using their artistic expertise. My mind visualizes...a POWDER PUFF HOT ROD. Bet you'd watch that one too.:D

HellRaiser

27. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I'll watch only because I know of nothing better that's on at that time slot.

That, and my wife lets me hold the remote.

28. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll bet a cracked block that most of you hard-nosed types watch the show that replied you won't. Don't worry, your HAMB is safe with us. We won't think any less of ya.

29. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

As long as they keep that reality soap shit out I might watch.
    Real good friend of mine took photos of some bikes at Orange County Choppers for his client.
    He told me it was all method acting. They would get direction and they would start kicking and punching walls and then they would start the cameras.
    Daytime TV drama bull shit!!!!

30. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

building pothole fillers does nothing for me. Are they going to add the drama to it also.

building hotrods or other cool rides is fine. take the suburban and build a custom truck out of it.. but pothole filler.. no..

I will check it out but not sure how long they will keep me interested with gadget builds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.