Register now to get rid of these ads!

1938 COE Ford Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eggroll, Jun 21, 2009.

1. eggroll

eggroll
    from Georgia

Working on 1938 COE. I have now sandblasted and would like to know the best kind of primer to put on bare metal. Should I use an epoxy primer? Should body work be done on bare metal or on the primer? Kind of new to body work so I could use any suggestions.:confused:

Attached Files:

2. carbuilder

carbuilder

You need to pull the fenders off, head lites off, door's off & glass out blast the inside well to or it will all come back & bite you big time to make sure you get all of the rust off not just most as it looks like now. Then DA sand it with 80 grit next wipe it with metal etch & start your metal work. I prefer working on bare metal that way I can see exactly what I need to do. I have been pounding on metal for 47 years now Danny.

3. eggroll

eggroll
    from Georgia

Thanks for the quick response and advice. Always willing to learn body and metal working tips. Took a class in LA with Lazze on sheet metal work last year. No experience at all in body working, but I'm learning.

4. flatheadV-8

flatheadV-8
    from New York

eggroll....you still working on this COE project? Would love to see some photos.

5. Great Project. What Chassis are you using? Also where in GA are you located? If you dont want to post it PM me If you are close enuff I would love to come by and see ur projects.