Register now to get rid of these ads!

My DeSoto was vandalized over the weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41hemi, Nov 17, 2009.

1. lorodz

lorodz

no respect for vintage tin ...string em up and beat em with a belt ...

2. sonahud

sonahud
    from norman ok

There are always people who can't stand for someone else to have something nice. But these days there is also something else to consider. Old cars are the enemy of the environmental movement. They want every thing before the advent of catalitic converters off the road, as well as all other large cars off because they are too wide. It is very likely that your car was vandalized by some "morally" superior environmentalist just doesn't like the way you live.

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I slapped my kids after I saw this. Just cuz I feel your pain

4. sonahud

sonahud
    from norman ok

There are always people who can't stand for someone else to have something nice. But these days there is also something else to consider. Old cars are the enemy of the environmental movement. They want every thing before the advent of catalitic converters off the road, as well as all other large cars off because they are too wide. It is very likely that your car was vandalized by some "morally" superior environmentalist who just doesn't like the way you live.

5. That really stinks. Well, if you haven't found glass yet, I parted out a 1955 Fireflite Corranado a few years ago. I am pretty sure I have ALL the glass. Solex too if I remember.

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

C'mon dude...Are you serious? If "they" didn't like the way he lived, "they" would have burned his house down...Not broke out some windows of a car at a golf course:cool:

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Um, burning his house down would release a huge amount of carbon and toxins. The environuts would just have move 3 more families into it, in addition to his, and put some solar panels on it, next to the compost bin.

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Yes, and put up a windmill electric generator in the front yard! :)

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

It's what's wrong with an ever increasing segment of our society. Politically correct, spare the rod, coddle the kids,don't teach any values kind of rearing is coming back to haunt us. If you want an explaination of why this happened all you have to do is meet the parents and observe how they raised their kids. I'm betting the parent don't have any more regard for other peoples property than was exibited by this act of vandalism. Don't get me started...................:mad::mad::mad:

Frank

10. screwball

screwball

When you get it back on the road while driving around town post your story on the back 1/4 windows and offer a $100.00 reward. I bet you will get answers. Kids love money more than puppies, kittens and friends theses days.

11. tstclr

tstclr

That really sucks. My 59 Dodge was a victim or vandals before I bought it. The windshield, back and rear 1/4 glass was smashed and the near perfect interior slashed. What a waste!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. flathead okie

flathead okie

When My brothers and I were young, Dad bought a 53-54 Chevy 2 dr. HT to use as parts for our tin woody wagon. When he found out we shot the widows with our BB guns he busted the guns plastic stocks on our asses. We NEVER did that again.. and he bought several more car and after they were used up he would park them in the pasture.