Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming to terms with t-buckets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Dec 23, 2009.

1. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Mmmm!!! T buckets cool!

2. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

My Zipper is a work in progress and even though I have other cars in my garage, I still like this one best! This year I reworked the interior and it makes it a real pleasure to drive with the new lumbar support. Using the stock A pedal setup and a Schroeder steering box made a lot of difference in leg room.

Attached Files:

3. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My bucket wasn't HAMB-friendly, but it WAS the most fun to drive of all my vehicles. 400hp 396 and it launched perfectly straight every time I put my foot in it. I used to describe it as an engine stand with a steering wheel. :D
    I wasn't afraid to drive it, either. I put over 25,000 miles on it during the time I owned it, at least half of them on long highway trips.

4. billthx138

billthx138

5. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

T-buckets are sweet my friend. I've always had a hankerin for one, but never followed through. Something about those really skinny fronts and really fat rears that just jump out to me. Wish you the best in pursuing you dream ride.

6. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I realy dig the T buckets, I ve got one in the shop right now thats in the rafters waiting to be built again. There alot of fun.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

congrats on coming out of the closet...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. thanks Larry.
    i feel so liberated!

9. overkillphil

overkillphil

I love T's and I'm 6'6"!! I cut the floor out on mine, and made some other changes so I would fit, and it's even a 4 speed!

10. I've always loved t-buckets. I would trade my car in a SECOND for one. Someday. It's on the top of my bucket list!! Todd

11. Im building one with my father, it has been very good experience. We get together once a week and put 5-10 hours in it. Cant wait to fire it up and rip through the country. "T's" just look fun sittin still.

12. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

in process on mine,

Attached Files:

13. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

i know some here wont like the billet on the engine, but its what i had.. i will change the valve covers to some finned ones. also added a shot of my wheels and tires..
    something about t's ive always liked also..

link to my little gallery
    http://tbuckets.us/gallery/category/3-bruces-build-gallery

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  14. ELD

ELD

15. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

16. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Hey push it around the corner, and I'll help yeah !!

17. I'll weigh in with two of my favorites that don't quite get the recognition they deserve.

On the traditional side (late 50s build) Marty Hollmann's '15 T-Bucket
    [​IMG]

On the more contemporary side (1960s build), and probably the one that influenced more than any other, chassis guru Ted Brown's
    [​IMG]

As for "coming to terms" with T-Buckets, you don't have to. The T-Bucket is the visceral embodiment of hot rodding. It's all right there in plain view for everyone to see -- hot rod hardcore, so to speak. If you delve into the roots of when derogatory comments may have started you'll find they lie with the so-called "gold chainer" crowd who were pissed that their deuces and assorted hi-buck, billet smoothsters got scant attention when a low-buck bucket was driven (not trailered) into the local cruise or show and immediately drew a crowd. (What's ironic is that those deuces, etc. are more plentiful at street rod gatherings today than the buckets were in the past).

So, Buckaholics, set yourself free and do as you please! (That's my biased position -- and I'm stickin' to it).
    Seasons Greetings to all!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  18. Kramer

Kramer

That is one nice T. Grill shells higher than the firewall never look right IMHO.
    Have always liked Pauls also.
    Wasn't going to post a picture of mine here, but some others have and I haven't started a build thread, so here is some more inspiration for you. (I hope)

[​IMG]

19. floored

floored

I recently started a 29 sedan project figuring I would sell my T or part it to finish the sedan, but now I don't think life would be the same without it.

20. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey Thanks for including my T on your list. I've always liked "T"s since seeing the Kookie Car on TV. Then the Big T model, Black Widow model, and so on. Mine was the first "hot rod" I ever owed and believe it or not I found it on a "used car" lot. But it didn't looked like the picture, it hav the big fat tires on the rear, fog lights, skulls all over it - pretty sick. But I could see past all that and saw the car I wanted it to be. Believe me it didn't happen over nite. I made some mistakes - looked at hundreds of pictures and parts catalogs.
    Steel Rebel said it right - it's has have the "right" look, not just the right parts. You are lucky to be in "T Bucket" birth state here in the md-west they don't get alot of respect and the weather is not always "T" weather. Thats about the only reason I sold my, and the fact I couldn't take the whole family out in it. I started missing it as I watched it go out my driveway.
    Good luck and build it to your liking - that's the important part!

Attached Files:

21. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

One thing i've learned since owing my T-Bucket is that a lot of people that complain about "Driving with my knees up against my chin" "Uncomfortable after a couple of miles" have never even drove one, much less sit in one.

"Cookie cutter?" How many ways can you build a deuce roadster or a '40 Ford coupe?

I love the crap out of my T-Bucket and plan on driving it until i get to damned old to drive. Then i'll make my son take me for rides in it.

22. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

have any questions just ask. I dont care if people dont like them. 90 percent of those that talk smack couldnt run me light to light.

Attached Files:

23. haychrishay

haychrishay

This was my first try at a complete build, now I want to build another one with all the ideas i got from building this one.

Attached Files:

• 200.JPG
      200.JPG
      File size:
      182.7 KB
      Views:
  24. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

25. ccstreetbob

ccstreetbob

I know this isn't your typical T, however, my father had the "bug"(pun intended) as well. This is My dad and son before the car was painted.

Attached Files:

26. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Here a couple picts of mine, maybe this will help motovate you.... I have had more fun with this car than any other I own.....:cool:

Attached Files:

27. madmak95

madmak95

ant seem to get rid of mine even tho i havent driven it in over a year.... Cheap thrills that will always be there....

[​IMG]

28. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I've had more fun and gotten more attention with my T-Bucket than anything i've ever owned. The only problem i've had with it is trying to explain to my 5 yo grandson why i can't take him for a ride when it's raining or foggy.

Attached Files:

29. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

That's pretty wild. Have any more pics of it? I'm really curious as to how he did the rear end.

30. They can be done cool

Mine:

[​IMG]