Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TBurnett, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TBurnett

TBurnett

Hello, I thought I would check this site out seeing as I have heard about it in other places, I figured I would see what I could learn from you guys. The car I am building is my first rod. It is a 31 slant windshield Ford that my dad had in a barn for 40+ years. It took me till now to get him to let me dig it out. IMG_1484a.jpg

100_6211a.jpg

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Hello from next door...SW Nebraska. The sedan has potential. Go for it!!

3. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Howdy from Kansas!! I dig sedans! What are your plans with it??

4. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

What's goin on??? Come to Denver or Golden Colorado this summer and you will find me!

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

Welcome from aurora colorado. gonna be a nice car. I like 4 doors.
    I got one question? It looks like the visor is on backwards...John

6. TBurnett

TBurnett

It would be cool to get together, I haven't met too many rodders around here yet, I know they are here, but I have yet to meet any. I just picked the car up in Oct. and so far I have been trying to get rid of rust and rotten parts. Sandblasting it helped find any sheetmetal that was too far gone. I want to build it as "traditional" as I can, but it might lean a little toward the "ratrod" side just because I don't have much in the way of funds to throw at it. I don't want it to be all rusty and such as I want to drive it daily and my 4 year old daughter wants to drive it when she grows up. And yeah the visor looks a little goofy because for one the S/W's didn't come with visors, but I don't want to chop the top, so I just had a piece of sheetmetal tacked up there to get a visual on how to get started. Since then I made a custom visor. I had to cut out hte bottom of the rear of the body, so I rebuilt it to be a sort of mirrored image of the visor I built. I have to resize the pics of that to post them.

7. TBurnett

TBurnett

OK I got my wife to coach me on how to resize. Here are a couple quick shots of the visor and one of me and the front axle I found. 100_6218a.jpg

100_6216a.jpg

100_6217a.jpg

100_6170a.jpg
    I used 1/4 in rod to make the shape of the visor and then used sheetmetal to fill it in. It looks thick and heavy but it isn't.

8. 117harv

117harv

Welcome from oregon, look around the site and check out the archives, if you have a question on something your building or going to, and read all the rules before you post anything or start a thread.

Also make sure you use correct puntuation, pargraphs, and sentance structure or some of the veterans here will tear you a new one LOL, good luck and welcome aboard.

9. PokerStogey

PokerStogey

Welcome from California! Keep us posted on the build

10. Mopar34

Mopar34

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Nice sedan and it does have a lot of potential. Don't forget to share your build with us.

Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!!

11. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois. Nice project ya got.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

12. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

13. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Welcome from Nebraska. Cool project.

14. jason65

jason65

Welcome from Ok!

15. rexrogers

rexrogers

glad your on board if you are ever in Loveland swing by the shop and i can show you around and give some bad advice

16. st.rod

st.rod