Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let It Snow (In Symco Shakedown Area)

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by John "Gunner" Gunnell, Dec 24, 2009.

1. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

What a time to start an old car business in Wisconsin! It is snowing like crazy. Anyway, in two weeks I get the keys to my "new" 3200 sq ft building, so in addition to writing about cars, I'll be playing with them daily. I'm looking to rent space (reasonably) so anyone who dreams of starting up a hobby business. One of my goals is using my 35+ years in this game to help "incubate" some new hobby businesses. If that's you, get in touch [email protected]. We'll be just a couple of miles from the cool Symco Shakedown that started up last August.

2. Welcome from Iowa! Good luck on the new venture. I bet we will see you at the Shakedown!

3. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois. Merry Christmas

4. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

Thanks for the welcome. I tend to spend lots of time in Illinois woirking on articles. Where is Sidney? Cool Chrysler. I always liked those big Chryslers and miss my '63 Sport 300. I learned to drive on a '58 Saratoga. We have a shop in our village that restores finned Chryslers. About a half million per job.

5. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

When you go to Symco be sure to stop at our place in Manawa on Highway 22. I live about 12-13 miles from the place we're opening and about the same distance from the Union Thresherman grounds. What kind of cars do you have?

6. Mopar34

Mopar34

Welcome from Pennsylvania! Good time to open a new business especially in a blizzard. But it does afford you the time to play with your cars. :D

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. I hope the business takes off big time.

7. Hey John congrat on your new venture!! Stop by when your in our area, just give me a call first you know how a Hot Rod shop runs in the Frozen Tundra -snow days! Kelly

8. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Welcome and congrats on the new business venture. I will definately be stopping by at some point. Hope to do the Symco show this year.

9. tim63riv

tim63riv

John,
    Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Minnesota! We are getting dumped on right now, so you'll probably be gettting your share, too! Love reading your articles and wish you the best in your new venture. I think the timing is actually pretty good, the economy has to get better soon!
    Tim

10. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

You get snow in Pennsylvania, too, don't you. I think we'll do fine with the new business as long as we don't take it too seriously.

11. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

I do want to get up there and show my friend Shane your place and also the ASlfa Heaven guy, since Shane has two or three Alfas for sale. We'll be up there soon and we'll call ahead.

Gunner

12. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

tim63riv

This is really going to be a fun thing more than anything else. I got such a deal on the property I don't see how I could lose. Eventually I want to include some kind of hot rod shop. Old Skol of course.

13. Welcome from southwestern Wisconsin John.
    Max

14. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

Thanks for the welcome. I shoulds joined months ago when I first heard about HAMB.

15. Hi John , Glad to see you here. Welcome!

16. John "Gunner" Gunnell

John "Gunner" Gunnell
    from Iola, WI

Paul

I should have got on HAMB back when you first told me about it. Pretty kool stuff. A guy down the street from me has a '41 Nash 600 coupe body that he plunked down on a minivan chassis. Quite a disaster. Now my youngest son is working at a car lot and making some money and he wants to try to buy the Nash body (which still has good orginal pqaint) and put it on a Dodge Dakota chassis and try to build a rod. So maybe we'll have an old skol project going by summer.

Gunner

17. Welcome John. Not sure if we have ever talked in person, but I have heard your name cross my path a few times this year...all positive of course. Rick and I are very much appreciative of your support of the Shakedown. Did I hear you submitted an article about the shakedown to Alan Mayes? Please tell us a little about that if you can! If you don't want it out in the public's eyes, shoot me a PM.
    If there is ever anything you need from me, please feel free to ask. Glad to have you on board here on the HAMB.

Mike

18. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

welcome from so-cal

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

welcome from Jefferson

20. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia :D