Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burny

Burny

Wish I could have made it. Damn work always cutting in on my fun time... Next week for sure.

2. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I just got home from there. Nice turn out tonight.

Kevin,
    Thanks for bringing that head tonight. I will see if I can generate some interest.

3. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Nice turn out last night.....as usual.

Crazydaddyo, who the heck are ya? You are like the wind, you are everywhere I just cant see you. I always see your car there but never see you. I once stood by yer car for over twenty minutes with no luck.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's invisible! :D

Had a great time last night! Couldn't stick around too long, but the time that I was there I saw a pretty good turnout! Good to see the interest level staying up for Wednesday nights!

See you guys in a couple weeks!

5. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Hell, I'm not hard to miss. I'm the fat balding guy. Last night I was wearing a jacket. Next week come up and say HI.

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

What you need to wear is a Big Daddy type of Top Hat - that way no-one wil miss you ;)

your mate from tomorrow :D

7. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Mark,
    I think Big Daddy Ed is the only one that can pull off the top hat look. But I do have a Hillbilly crash helmet I got as a kid that I can wear.

[​IMG]

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Guys,
    You're cracking me up :). Dan you're welcome. Dullchrome, Did ya get yer Cherrie Pepsi??? Walk up to us and make yourself known ;).
    Hope to see ya all next weds. We have a couple of things that we are working on cruise wise. One is a Valentines "Sweethearts" Cruise Car Show.
    That would be on Sunday Feb 14th.
    Not having a callender by me, but attempting to use what I have left of my broken brain to calc out when our 1st cruise nite of 2010 would be and it seems that it lands on the 3rd anniversary of the demo of Johnie's and The Rebirth of The Broiler to what it eventually became as Bob's.
    That night needs to be a special one ;). It's now back and to many I hope better than ever! Come on out and celebrate with us as we begin the new "Era" of the Broiler.
    Also would like to see feedback on having a Saturday night cruise night for those who feel that Wednesday is just too hectic and I'm still looking for a weekend breakfast cruise if anyone wants to make it their destination???? Anti-Doughnut on Sat, Pancakes/Waffles on Sunday:).

9. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Movie night

movie night

movie night

movie night

10. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Kevin, a Sat night thing would be cool. I usually am stuck in traffic for about and hour and a half on Wed nights. And no cherry Pepsi this time, I will hit you up next Wed though....Thanks!

I do remember a couple summers ago the OC fairgrounds had an inflatable drive in
    movie screen that was pretty cool. Just a thought.

Crazydaddyo, I look pretty much like you just with dark hair and a Gumby green truck

11. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Dan, what ever you do, don't wear that outfit to a kids party!!!!!

Perfect hot rod gear though.

now how can I get that as my Avatar, with the Caption "I know CrazyDaddyO" :D:D:D;):eek:

12. HA! We (bad bob, me and a few others i can't remember) were there for the first night. My girlfriend and I were kicking back inside the purple panel (the rear was facing the screen) waiting for the movie to start when this crazy chick jumps inside. turns out angie crouch from channel 4 was trying to interview us, i had my hamb shirt on but we were sooooo boring (one word answers) that it didn't make it on the news :D:D.

Star-Vu Drive-In....that's my panel next to them.
    [​IMG]

i have the next 2 thursdays off......so anyone going the next 2 weds nights?.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  13. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

gonna try to make it this wed

14. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

15. I was at the drive in with family...Bad Bob and Dirt as well. Car overheated in line on the way in and "barfed" when we got parked. Good times. Man, I miss the drive in's.

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Guys, that's exactly what we have planned for the Back Lot. We will need to pack the place though in order to make it pay for itself. If you have any movie titles that you want to suggest or even have the DVD's, let us know in advance and we'll work on a schedule,so we can post what will be the "Coming Attractons".

I'm going to need some help with this though-Any Volunteers? We can start to plan now because we know that March-April,May,June etc, just kinda sneek uo on ya and we want to be ready.

17. WikkedAnghel

WikkedAnghel

Kevin, How can we help?

18. Chris, you going in your truck or the daily...i'm not sure for me but i'll be solo. pm me with where and when.

kevin, i suck at planning but i do have dvds (about 16 car movies and 4 vhs).

19. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Kevin, as long as I get to use one of those flashlights with the red cone on it I am in.

20. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Kev -

Put me down as a volunteer for a movie night.

21. anyone else going tomorrow night?

22. John Denich

John Denich

Hey Kevin I have Running Wild with the Hirohata Merc and Freddy Rowe Merc, Hot Rod Girl with the Frank Montelone 56 Barris Built Ford and a few others on DVD....I can help let me know!!!!!

23. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I plan on being there tonight. Who else?

24. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

25. Looks like another good night for a Big Boy Combo. Briging a few newbies, so be nice to 'em.

26. John Denich

John Denich

I will be there...

27. They might be newbies, but you've met them. It'll be Viper night tonight...

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Guys,
    Good to know that we have a team that we can count on ;).
    When spring arrives we'll get the movie stuff planned and ready roll on screen.
    I be here of as I already am here,Lol! I know the nights are Chilly, but we'll keep the BS sessions going just the same. C-ya tonight :).

29. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Didnt read all 23 pages but... The drive in is at the broiler?

30. NoFriends310

NoFriends310

Looks like the lil old lady and me are cruise'n out, we'll be in my 65 c10 lwb. nothing fancy to it at all just coming out to get some grub and check some cars. official name is Adam by the way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.