Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Edelbrock "94" Carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dontlifttoshift, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Any of you guys collecting 94's want to get rid of any? I picked up an old Edelbrock 3 duece manifold at the last swap meet with 3 bolt bases. I've been looking for a 3x2 Rochestor manifold for a while. I have a pretty good collection of them, about 10. I'd be up for buying or trading some carbs or trading for a Rochestor manifold.

2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Excellent and it's made in the GREAT USA too!!! I have always felt that it was a better carb then the 97's in a single app.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I bet they're over 300$ but it is really cool that they're remaking these things. That's a direct acknowledgement to us! I'm even gonna add this thread to the "94" page :)

4. Some may think it's pricey, but to be able to nail down a matching set without the scavenger hunt is the same reason the new (real) 97's can sell for $450...

I think it's great...

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very interesting. We have been saying for years that Holley should reintroduce the 94 for the vintage market. And now it took Edelbrock to make it happen? Hello Holley? Are they all asleep over there??

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I wonder if they were able to buy original tooling? I think various versions of the carb were sold by Holley at least into the 70's. And is it a real 94 or one of the various bigger sizes? Which nozzle bars and such did they choose? Wanna take one apart!

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Without over-stepping what I was told and giving a bunch away, here's what I know based on a conversation in the know... (assuming I heard correctly)

Based on original tooling, price range will be competative, same quality as the new 97's (the real ones), still wrapping up some finish details, and it sounds like the Dennis Carpenter carbs will not be happening based on some issues with Holley rights.

$200 sounds awesome from Carpenter, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. Edelbrock would sell the HELL out of these carbs if they sold for the same price as Speedway's "unmentionable" carbs and would probably reflect on the sales of those "unmentionable" carbs as well.

I would guess that it's going to be a good idea to keep an eye on this thread. A HAMBer that works for Edelbrock has responded already and I'm sure he'll be sharing your input with Vic.

I agree! They need slotted screws and no "added details".

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Original tooling=HUGE savings on cost compared to the new 97's!
    Edelbrock may not realize how crazy retro rodders are...the wrong screws hit me in the face just as badly as if they had finished it in pink anodizing or something! If I were making them, I would supply with one of the aftermarket repair fittings added as OEM; they actually make the carbs look better in a 97-crazy world, but mainly they save the pot-metal threads from being stripped out! That or brass insert threads...I have one done that way and view it as a good idea. I have a vast supply of good 59, 92, and 06H cores and will never need a new carb, but I really look forward to a supply of usable parts; current rebuild kits are headed downhill in overdrive.

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

So I wonder what happened to the original Holley 2100/94 tooling?? You still find them at the swaps now and then

Attached Files:

10. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Availabilty late winter or early spring

Pricing in the $325 to $350 range (IMHO reasonable)

Complete packages, intake, carbs, linkage, etc. will sell in $1,500 range.

I am still waitng to hear if endurashine will be an available option for you chrome junkies out there. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

Donny

11. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

darn, I have been trying to develop a 3x2 manifold for 289/302/351W for the past 4 years but I cant get enough spare time to finish it. Oh well maybe mine will be an alternative.

12. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Great to see that Edelbrock keeps listening to the hot rodders. Kudos on a great looking product.

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Edelbrock making a 94 should be a good price and works right out of the box ! Now finally an aftermarket replacement that works ! I"ll take 3 of them ! Can't wait to see one !

RetroJim

14. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

Anybody hear any more on these..

15. sololobo

sololobo

I am guessing closer to $400.00 than $300.00! Hey look!! Made in the U.S.A.!! ~Sololobo~

16. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Wow this is the first time i have seen this post and am damn sure happy i ran across it when i did! I can't wait to see these things! I could use two myself for my 6x2 setup to finish it off.

17. Deu55

Deu55

Great news x3 or x4 or x6....??...

18. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Edelbroack says the price will not be relaesed until spring of 2010.

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I encourage everyone to take a few minutes and ring up Edelbrock and tell them of your interest in these carbs.

Call them and pester them, so they know there is a demand. 310-781-2222

Edelbrock 94 Carburetor (Primary) 1151
    Edelbrock 94 Carburetor (Secondary) 1152

I'm planning on doing a club/HAMB introductory discount on these. And I feel I can say that without someone having to look at them first like the Speedway junkers earlier this year. Edelbrock makes a first rate product.

I also got it from our supplier that they were told by Edelbrock late January. Now, that could be just to generate more buzz, but lets hope.

20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is pretty freakin' cool! I wonder if the service parts will work in old 94s?

21. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

You da man Ray Gun!

22. 29SX276

29SX276

I wandered over to the Edelbrock site to check out their new '94 carbie;nice bit of kit it is too. There was no mention of what style power valve is used.Has the P/V fitting been modified to use the late model Holley valve or has Edelbrock made up their own version?

23. Toner283

Toner283

Any new info on these carbs yet?

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

What did a brand-new 94 cost in 1950? My favorite inflation calculator says $450 in 2008 is about $51 in 1950 money.

-Dave

25. ruquik

ruquik

Waiting... That 3x2 setup will be great on my '68 302

-Brad

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

DO THIS!!!!!

I just called my Edlebrock rep... these are still in "engineering development" which is Edelbrockspeak for "we are waiting to see if the demand is great enough."

No pricing... no eta...

In addition... EVERY event you go to that has an Edelbrock trailer... ask about these. It all helps... it really does!

27. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

here's the skinny that I got on these things from someone in the "know"...

They are still about 5-6 months out on delivery. Has nothing to do with "Edelbrockspeak for "we are waiting to see if the demand is great enough.""
    They are in fact still in engineering development. Amazing to believe maybe, but trying to orchestrate development, tooling, testing, product refinement, outside venders, nail down the all important finish (chemicals to produce the old plating are now illegal), etc with something with as many parts as a carb takes a bit of time, but they will in fact be coming out with them.
    Said they ran their 5414 tri-power on a 350 that made 330 hp with a 4-barrel. Motor made 317 with the tripower and that carbs were still to be tested on one of thier daily drivers to help dial in the drivability aspect.
    As for some key features;
    100% QC inpection on floats - every one pressure tested
    Viton tip inlet needle
    Most likely to have later style "tall" nozzle bars
    Accellerator pump with Buna cup
    Holley jets
    and a power valve that fits!

28. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

DON'T...i ran A.F.B. carbs. in the 60s to get away from POWER VALVES. and the edelbrock is a knockoff of the A.F.B. BUT! it's a very inproved carb. believe me if i were runing a hotrod today, it would be with EDELBROCK carbs...POP.

29. I'm interested...

30. kirby1374

kirby1374

I hope they do release these. I will be looking at getting a downdraft manifold for my banger and I love the idea of an edelbrock for it. I have really been satisfied with their 4bl in the past.