Register now to get rid of these ads!

What year Ford is this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LT4 Hawk 9, Dec 22, 2009.

1. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stumbled across this on a back road behind my house a few days ago. It had just been dragged to this spot near the road, so I assume it is for sale. The night time cell phone pictures stink, but can someone help me ID it, please? It's rough, with riveted on galvanized roof and all, but it is there. The grille shell is a replacement, but the rusty original is laying inside, along with a stash of other parts. I'm gonna try to go by there tomorrow to see if it's for sale, and get an asking price. I'll be back with more questions, then...I know squat about Fords.:eek:

2. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

30-31 but it is dark.

3. Crestliner

Crestliner

Its a 30-31 grille shell, doesn't fit the lines of the hood. Daylight shot of it and the other shell would help.

4. butch27

butch27

I would have to say a '42 black-out model. LOL

5. It has a 1930 passenger radiator shell, but those pictures are so dark you can't make out any other details on the truck.

6. spununit

spununit

Who turned the lights out?

7. V4

V4

Looks like a headlight bar, fenders, and back window from a 30 or 31.

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

I don't see a quarter window, so I suspect only the grill is ford!! Unless it's a sedan turned pickup???:D

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

IF that body is a Model A, and that's a big "IF", it looks like a shortened sedan body to make a pickup cab and is likely a 28-29 body with a 30 passenger car shell stuck up front to "complete" the look.
    This would require a full set of daylight front, rear, and side shots with a dash/interior shot supplement for a good evaluation of "WHAT" and "IS IT WORTH".

10. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

I'm on my way over. The snow is over a foot deep on it today, so that will hinder ID in the next round of pics, but at least the lights will be on for these.;)

11. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i brightened it up on the computer. i think its a 28 or 29 model AA ford truck with the bed off.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

its the new stealth model for the US government...hey, its all they can afford:rolleyes:

13. What is this?......the new eye chart test?

14. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Is black bear pushing a Model A radiator through a coal mine at midnight.

15. 1931av8

1931av8

Actually...I think that the bear is driving!

I did some fast lighting and contrast fixes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

It looks like it has AA truck wheels on the front, most likely it is a mix of '28-'31 parts

17. krooser

krooser

I thought it was a Taurus until the pix were fixed...

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

My view is still pretty poor...but my guess is that likeliest combo is that it is a '30-31 truck with dif cab and passenger radiator shell. Cannot see cowl at all...could be a '29 cab or perhaps a '29 passenger body cut to a cab...eyeballs hurt now!

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

its the model A johnny cash was going to sing about before he wrote the song about the caddy.

looks to me that there are alot of different year , and Models of Ford Model A's all packed into one lump

20. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

Y'all are really gonna hate me after I post these pics, then. I stopped and talked to the lady this morning. She said that this was her husband's project truck that he never got around to fixing up, and that she needed to sell it to help fund his headstone, as he recently passed away. I'd put them in their 50's, so I imagine it was a sudden thing, if I had to guess. She was pretty emotional about the whole situation, to say the least.

She says it's a '27-'30 AAA, and they are the second owners, she believes. The PO is supposed to be getting the title to her as soon as the snow melts some. She said she'd like to get $2000 for it, and she was asking $2200.

On with the snow-bound pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...more coming...

21. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

awe man thats rough.... its to bad we couldnt have a flower basket from all of us on the hamb or something....

22. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the headliner...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End of the show...

23. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

Dang the triple pic...fixed...

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The original AA truck radiator shell is under the tire on the back of the frame.
    It is a short wheelbase AA truck.

25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And is pure '30 or early '31...cowl was just too dark in first pics.

26. Looks to me like a '28-'29 Model AA with some '30-'31 parts. I could be wrong though. I think that is a fair price not the best but fair.

27. 1931av8

1931av8

Agreed. Late '31 would have indented fire wall I believe. Don't see that. Did the AA always have a roof insert (indicated with panel riveted on previously) or did they go to full metal like the little pick-ups? Mine has both, but is not an AA:
    [​IMG]

Obviously the bed is not the late, wide version...

28. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

So in a nutshell, it's a 1930 AA Truck? judging by the dual rear tires, I'm guessing a 1-1/2 ton or so truck?

29. NoSurf

NoSurf

Yeah. Measure the depth of the frame rails. If they are 6" then it's a AA truck. I heard they make good hotrods frames.

30. LT4 Hawk 9

LT4 Hawk 9

I have no interest in purchasing the truck for this price. If someone wants her contact info, PM me and I'll pass it on. It's located in Virginia, near Weyers Cave or Fort Defiance.