Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Happened to Rain-X?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 409 Bob, Dec 22, 2009.

1. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

i just bought 2 big bottles at the pilot truck stop for 3.00 per bottle and its the old stuff

2. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

X2

With properly applied Rain-X, you don't need your wipers and in fact it lasts longer if you don;t use them.

3. Joe King

Joe King

you're a couple weeks too late with that info

4. Muttley

Muttley

Those decals should have been applied to inside of the glass in the first place. ;) ;)

5. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

More affirmation that it still exists: Just called the local auto parts to see if they had heard anything about it. It is still available in it's original formula

Holeshot, if you've never used it you are really missing out. I put a lot of miles on and that stuff saved my life a few times. When the skies open up and everyone is squinting and leaning forward to see the road, I'm cruising along with plenty of vision and a calm heartbeat. Most of the time you will not even know how hard the rain is. Probably the best product in bottle ever (auto-related anyhow). I buy bottled water if I'm thirsty and want water. They don't sell tap water at truck stops.

6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I use rainX on mine too and love it years ago I used to wax windshields before there was Rain X it worked ok but not as good as Rain X I have also heard that brake fluid will work as well but have never tried it

7. studebaker46

studebaker46

go to any truckstop most drivers still use it on their mirrors hope this helps iam a driver tom

8. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

With RainX, at night in a heavy rain you can see better with the wipers off. Ice also scarpes off easier too. I know, theres no ice in California either, but there way fewer minorities in Montana

9. Franklyn

Franklyn

Still Readily Available.
    I purchased some this week as mine had run out,
    Amazing stuff! I use it on all my vehicles up here in British Columbia, as we get loads of rain ALL the time.

10. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Best stuff since sliced bread , especially if you have vac. wipers with a flat head like my 53.

11. Sage

Sage

I've found that if you drive really, really fast in the pouring, driving rain you don't need wipers at all. How do I know this? Simple, on the way home (South San Francisco at the time) from San Jose (about 35 miles away) the driver's side wiper cable (of course) on my '57 snapped. 65+ on the freeway was no problem but once you go under any sort of illumination (street lights are b-a-a-a-d) you loose all vision. It made the trip more interesting than it already was.

By the way, now that I've moved farther north in California I've found that Rain-X is dandy at helping the snow slide right off the satellite dish. Oh, and it's also killer on bathroom mirrors.

12. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

13. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

and whole hillsides don't burn and then slide off into a canyon with your house in Kansas.
    I just bought some rain-x. Same old formula. :confused:

14. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

first off i have NOT read all three pages!

BEFORE i use RAINX i clean my windows with BON AMI bar. wet a rag/cloth,
    scrub every inch of the windshield, then dry polish til the windshield is
    absolutely clean! bon ami is hard to find but will clean your windows better than anything out of a spray can or bottle! i use all the elbow grease i can call upon!

then i apply and RAINX and buff dry TWICE! the 'super clean' windshield does NOT streak as bad when the wipers are used. DO YOU FIND THAT WINDSHIELD WIPER
    BLADES DON'T SEEM TO LAST AS LONG AS THEY USED TO?

been doing this for 15 years, ALWAYS rewarded with excellent results!

using RAINX on windows without BON AMI bar is a waste of time and money!

BTW.........RAINX WORKS MIRACLES IN SNOW AND ICE ALSO! downside it is really difficult to apply under those conditions. i have find a 'do-it-yourself' car wash to do the application, usually they will be 'empty' so i can take my time, ha!

just my two pennies.

red ryder

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  15. All I used in Oregon was rain-x........and here if it ever rained I would used it in tucson ,also NEVER use wipers and rain-x they dont mix.....best part you dont see rain-x and you cant miss those damn wipers they always dryrot

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  16. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

Is there an emoticon for slapping my forehead?

17. krooser

krooser

Albert Hammond...

18. FYI 20 years ago I beat a no wipers ticket on my Model A in court (clark county washington) because I had rain-x on the car and the cop noted that in his statement I said that when he stopped me........man was he pissed after court

19. pstreet

pstreet

Same thing was happening to me, ive just recently learned to resist the urge to use the wipers.

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i have "rain-x" that i bought about a month ago..

21. HotRod33

HotRod33

That's great to hear... why don't you try driving an old car sometime that doesn't have the greatest wipers.... Rain x works great I use it and I don't buy bottled water...........

22. Spity

Spity

Im another Washingtonian saying that Rain-X works for me!

23. [​IMG]
    I never realized how good this stuff must be. With all the endorsements, I need to try it myself.

It's on my lilst next time I get to the store, I plan to try it.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Steve

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  24. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Rain-X is cheaper than wipers refills every year. one bottle lasts me two years. They use it on airplanes too...

25. rain-x & fog-x both work great, i know because "i'm on the wet side!":rolleyes:

26. 63Compact

63Compact

Rain x is the best specially on a flat screen where the water just dances around in the wind. Every car I own has been coated, and I dont drink bottled water.

27. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

OH, , but THAT is what makes a traditional kustom no wipers and no handles!!! so rain-x is like the mothers nectar in my family ! we have 2 cars out of 10 that have wipers, we ARE a kustom family !!!

28. I've used RAIN-X for ever, I've switched to AQUA-PEL but like rain-x if you can't read instructions don't use either product. both should be applied to very clean dry glass. I find aqua-pel works better and lasts longer............Jim

29. I used to get the squirt bottle until I found it in a spray bottle.

I live by Rain-X on my hot rods and daily driver.

30. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

rainx ,applied with drier sheets will completeley render windshield wipers or windshields extinct.