Register now to get rid of these ads!

5.7 hemi into 1970 satellite

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EARLYHEMIBILL, Dec 19, 2009.

1. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

I am currently helping a friend put a 2007 Dodge 5.7 hemi into a 1970 Plymouth Satellite. The engine is in and the exhaust hooked up. We have yet to hook up the gas pedal. I understand that the 2004 Dodge Dakota gas pedal has a box attached to the firewall that will allow the kickdown to the tranny to be used manually. Does anyone out there have more info on this system? Does anyone know where I can get the box that fits to the Dakota firewall? Thank you, Bill Oldham
    Tucson, Az.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds interesting, but the years you are working on are out of the realm of what is discussed on this forum. Have you tried a hemi site?

3. 73RR

73RR

4. Stone

Stone

Maybe a salvage yard would have the box.

5. storm king

storm king

Street&Performance, Mena, Arkansas are the pro's from Dover on putting the new Hemi in old iron.

6. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

Thanks. Looks like the old Speed Sport roadster. Kenton Greth is currently helping me with my Desoto hemi Valiant project. Bill

7. 6mopar7

6mopar7

8. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

also try dodgetalk.com also dodgeforum.com

9. daliant

daliant

How about forbbodiesonly.com

10. Since the 5.7 Hemi throttle is a drive by wire system are you using the proper pedal assembly? If so why can,t the kickdown/throttle cable for the trans be directed and adapted to the pedal inside the car? Also depends on what trans you are using.....

11. Head over to Moparts.com You will find what you desire there, info and products.