Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Most Vintage Tin I've Ever Seen!! - Salvage Yard Tour - Tons of Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. yeah, don't let us find out where it's at, we'll bring out semi trucks and all our loads of cash and come buy up you secret stash!

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

PLEASE read further down in this thread. The name/location was posted LONG ago.

3. slicknapier

slicknapier
    from Tucson, AZ

pretty sweet. Crazy that I have actually been to this junkyard and didn't even realize it until halfway throught the thread. When I was stationed at Ft. Riley!

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Farmer is a Kansas Boy- he knows right where that place is.....

5. Who stole all the paint off of them cars???? Nice trip back in time.....

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Oh... Thanks, Jay.
    I started to regret bringing this thread back up, especially with the bit of drama it had last year.

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Dmn I need that Hudson front end bad.

8. thebugbox

thebugbox

If I lived closer to this, I'd have to use my secret junkyard owner magic charms... I've bought crazy stuff for almost nothing once you're 'in'... Usually takes one big purchase up front, and food... Oh, and go there when you don't need stuff just to say hi... You'd be surprised at how effective that is. Old School Southern Hospitality.

9. 61TBird

61TBird

10. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

11. solid

solid

Must have missed this thread first time around...choice stuff...cool that there's a place like that still around...alot of $$$$$$$ layin around there...

12. it's a joke dude. ha ha ha. you know? a joke

13. haychrishay

haychrishay

I had goose bumps just lookin at the pics, cant imagine what it was like to be there!

14. lol, yeah but it's at a safe distance from me...that roadster needs to come home, but it's too much of a pain in the ass- let them corn growin' ethanol makin' guys have it... ;)
    oh, and sent you a message re: your bbq

15. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

is that what heaven looks like?

16. oldchevy

oldchevy

WOW i could walk around that place for days. Thanks for the pics great stuff!!

17. Harbor freight= $10 bucks... (wolo or knockoff, red plastic)

18. ORCELLA

ORCELLA

Wow! Thats pretty impressive!!

19. jw_deuce

jw_deuce
    from Central OH

Thanks for bumping this up!! awesome place, thanks for sharing the pics and info!

-Justin

20. edweird

edweird

Thats gotta be what heaven looks like!

21. I love going to that yard every time were in the area! That place is awesome!!!

22. huffreport

huffreport

On the first page, I saw a Graham Sharknose front fender, for the drivers side. Spectacular... I'm guessing it's for '39. Somewhere, somebody needs one of those!

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I know that now... sorry. :rolleyes:

24. trad27

trad27

wow, amazing. Alot of good usable tin in there. Was that a '28-'29 roadster I spoted in there!?

25. Salt 2009

Salt 2009

Was there in 2007 ..... A few of my pictures, including "Jack"

Attached Files:

26. lonelywanderer

lonelywanderer
    from hawaii

thats super cool to see all those pics. i would be in heaven if i could go there

27. Hip

Hip

Yeah, If you can't find your dream project in this yard theres something wrong. I'm going to take a stab at the yards name, because i was in Omaha for a year and a half, and there was one in the middle of the corn fields right by the Missouri river, by the name of "Bucks". Very simular to your pics.

28. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

When I die and go to heaven, this is what I think it will be..................

29. Hip

Hip

Damit, i have a problem not reading all the posts before i reply, sorry. But just to let you know, there is a place just on the outskirts of Omaha, (or was, 25 years ago), very simular to these pictures. You turned off of Dodge street and took the road that parelled the river on the Nebraska side, think it was called "river road", and you drove North till you got to a huge corn field and whatever dirt road it wasyou turned on it, and right in the middle of the fields there was a huge tree bank around the whole place, (many acers), and there you were, "Buck's wrecking yard", scroulded on a cady hood at the entrance of the yard. Now his stuff was more than reasonable. I bought the whole front end components off of a 53' Chevy, (backing plate to jam nut) both sides for $50.00, to do the conversion to 5 lug on my 54' p/u.