Register now to get rid of these ads!

Arizona Chrome

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tdragger1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. tdragger1

tdragger1
    from Az

Do any AZ guys know of a good bumper straightener and plater in Phoenix or Tucson? I need a set of shoebox bumpers and a 49' grille straightened and re-plated.

2. Royal plating on south 6th ave in Tucson does great work just takes a along time.

3. depends on where you are in "az".........could'nt find it in your intro........oh wait no intro.......

4. I have had poor experiences with a few platers in Phoenix and Mesa. I have been very happy with Royal in Tucson. I think they still make trips to the Phoenix area too for picking up stuff which is nice.

I would recommend using Royal in Tucson.

Steve Barcak

<DIR> hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

also hosting-
    11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    more info- www.pontiacheaven.org

</DIR>

5. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I also have had good plating down at Royal. There is another place on 25th St and 2nd Ave by Randy's Hot Rod shop..does nice stuff also.

6. Mike

Mike

I'll give another endorsment for Royal Plating. They did the bumpers on my '65 Galaxy. They came out beautiful and the price was reasonable. They also make regular runs to Phoenix to pick up and drop off work.

7. Royal is decent but slow. If you are in the Phoenix metro area I have used American plating with good results and fast turnaround.

[​IMG]

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

How is Papago Plating ? Anyone use them ??

9. Glen

Glen

\

Papago is the last place you want to go.

I have always heard good things about American. I have always used Metro until I found out about American.

10. Kerry,

Next time you see my '72 GTO, take a look at the back bumper that Papago did. I'll never go back to them. they would not make it good and didn't seem to care when I asked them.

Steve
    <DIR>Hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

Also hosting-
    11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    </DIR>

11. Glen

Glen

That is exactly my story, they polished a piece of stainless for the windshield on my buick, when I picked it up it was full of sanding scratches, I told them that was not acceptable. They said it was the best they could do. I said no problem, if that is the best you can do I will go somewhere else.

12. tdragger1

tdragger1
    from Az

Thanks for all the good info!

13. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

does royal do nice work on potmetal? A guy that we do work for has had his 64 riv grille plated twice and the insides still look like hell, he just wants a nice job this is his show car and no one can get it right

14. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Metro??????:eek: they suck donkey nuts.

15. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I've used Metro for decades. Never a problem, but not exactly cheap either.

-KK

16. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

I had them chrome a bumper/some parts on a LONG build. Stored them in a dark DRY closet INSIDE the house. 3 years later, several pieces had peeled, and he wouldnt do a damn thing for me,,,,, NEVER AGAIN.

17. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I've had great luck with Fernando's Metal Polishing in North Phoenix. Very fast turn around time.

18. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Royal has been doing chrome for me for many years.........when I sold my 62 Dodge, the 10 year old chrome still looked brand new. When I did my 56 Studebaker wagon, they took care of the smoothed bumpers so well everyone thought they were stock. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

19. Travis

Travis

Does anyone have contacts/website URL's for bumper re-chroming in the east valley or a recommended place? I'm seeing mixed opinions on here. Hmm..

Impala Bob's wanted about 600$ for one bumper on a 61 Impala....I dunno sounds kinda steep? No?

20. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

My father in law had all his stuff for his 46 ford plated at Royal....and yes some of it was pot metal....It's been on a driver for 4 years now and still looks new...

They did a great job....took em a little while like others mentioned but the work was worth it.

21. Travis

Travis

Does this place have a site somewhere? Nothing really comes up on a google search.

Anyone tried Southwest Polishing works inc. in Mesa?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  22. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We used a place called Kerr-West (I think...Its been awhile) for chrome and gold. Mostly new parts for gold-chainer type 4x4s, Escalades, and the like. I wouldn't let Papago plate a bathroom faucet.