Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lets see some Pontiac Motors in your Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kail, Sep 28, 2008.

1. "hey steve, since you have an odd number of hemi heads, you oughta throw one on a 4 cylinder... ;)"

Yup...I actually have planned several 4cyl Pontiac builds but... I have enough going on for now... need to finish some stuff. some of the 4 cyl ideas are pretty wild but, that'll come in time.

Pontiac V-8s and Tempest 4s are the greatest.

Plan to attend my 11th annual "Pontiac Heaven" Sat April 4, 2008
    followed by my 7th annual nostalgia event on Sunday April 5.
    show, race, exhibitions, parts swap and party!
    All the projects shown earlier in this thread will be there and so much more too.
    Come to Phoenix in April!

Steve Barcak
    www.pontiacheaven.org

2. This is sitting at the "peterson".... Damn.. Its cool.. If one poncho is good.. Two are bad ass...

Attached Files:

3. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Here is a close up shot. This was taken at the 50th GNRS in 1999. Note that it is non functional at this time (no belts hooked up, etc)

[​IMG]

4. Rdrokit

Rdrokit

1961 HD 389 with mild cam and roller rockers in my old 61 Catalina flat top.
    Sure miss that car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Stone

Stone

I know this is old, but are there any more poncho powered hot rods?

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I know this isn't the mill you're are expecting, but here are a few shots of the 3800 V6 I'm putting in my truck. It is from a FWD 2000 Grand Prix and is bolted to a 4L60E from a V6-based 2000 Camaro. Always loved those blue mills. The hood / scoop and sides should cover most of the really ugly high-tech stuff. Gary

Attached Files:

7. Stone

Stone

Anymore pics of pontiac v8s?

8. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

what part of Maine? I be kinda central, bout 70 miles north of Portland.
    You do any car stuff up here?

Pontiac Slim

9. I've got a Pontiac 400 - 400TH in my 59 Biscayne, 2 door post. Sorry, no pics for the moment.
    / primerkid

10. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

hers my poncho powered chev

Attached Files:

11. This in in my 63 Tempest. 462/550 HP/570 TQ/11.13 sec...

Attached Files:

12. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

another

Attached Files:

-Brent- likes this.
  13. Rusty52

Rusty52

It's not Poncho blue, but it's a Pontiac Straight 8 in my '52. Maybe someday I'll hit the lotto and buy the dual carb aluminum intake made by Edmunds for this thing.

Attached Files:

14. lost rodder

lost rodder

Man this is the thread i have been waiting for, i needed some inspiration....im working on putting a 389 in my 59 ford truck....makes me want to really get it goen. sorry no pics at the moment.

15. Clutched

Clutched

Right on. lets see the hole car..hows she run?

16. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

its getting there, It likes to eat clutches, its got a clutch turbo in it, were going to try a roller assist presure plate, ill let you know in a week or so,

Attached Files:

17. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

Man is that ever nice :D

18. XSIVPWR

XSIVPWR
    from No. Nevada

19. errick

errick
    from Detroit

1975 455/462 with Ram Air III 12 casting heads back in my '50 Streamliner after rebuild.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  20. RETROGIRL

RETROGIRL

my project is my brother's hotrod he bought over 20 years ago, drove for a few years then parked. He recently went through a divorce, needed money, so I bought it sight unseen (for about 10 years). I drove out to take a look a couple of weeks ago. Its a '26 T touring body, that someone hacked the back end off of. They set it on an unboxed model A frame, modified the front with a split wishbone and suicide type model A axle with '39 hydraulics, and dropped in a GTO 389 (supposedly) with a tri-power intake. I only got to drive it once, many years ago, and as I recall, romping on the gas pedal brought a pronounced "tweak" in the frame and it blasted off sort of sideways. That is one heavy, torquey engine for this little flimsy car, but it sure looks cool. I was thinking of going with a flatmotor, but after seeing it again, I think I might just rebuild the 389, box the frame and update some of the suspension. Its a Frankenstein of sorts, a monster for sure, almost the antithesis of my daily driver, a Nissan 350Z. But totally cool!
    The car is still at my brother's, I need to move some things around here, to get a space in the garage. I will post some picts when I get it up here. Growing up, my family had a few old Pontiacs, starting with a '56 Safari wagon (wish I had that now!). My brother bolted a tri-power intake on our next family wagon, a '60 Catalina. He really enjoyed blowing the doors off the other kid's cars with the family wagon! Ahhh, those were the days!

21. mooseknuckle

mooseknuckle
    from Santee

Im dropping a pontiac 400 in my 58 f100
    its a 72 400, has #62 heads, 288-2h crane cam, 1.52 crane roller tip rockers, holley street dominator intake (with a 750 edelbrock carb right now) msd distributer with a 6al box, and three tube headers just cause thats what i had sitting in the garage. backed by a th400 with a 2800 stall.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  22. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

my 29 on 32 rails has a 55 287 and 53 ford 3 speed

Attached Files:

23. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

24. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian