Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new daily driver 64 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

My old man gave his 64 Continential about a year and a half ago and its been sitting under a cover at the shop since. Well i finally decided I was going to get her running again. She only has 58,000 original miles..I lowered it 3 in the back and about four in the front. I think the stance is good. I have bags but i didnt want the hassle of bags. I just wanted it to be very drivable. I dont scrape in driveways and still get a good profile. I decided to go with the moons cause they just seem to work good on this car. After the new year the car is going to get painted black. Cant wait for that.

Attached Files:

2. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

What's the interior look like? I've ALWAYS wanted one in triple black.........excuse me while my envy starts to soar out of control.

3. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Dang I love a suicide door lincoln.

4. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Brandy the interior is cherry. The leather seats are that oyster color. Its actually a bit pearlesent. Everythig still works and drives amazing.

5. Ca-ruz-er!=cool!

6. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

*dies*

Nothing better than the original leather, all soft and buttery AND in a good color! Is that the year they had real wood dash inserts?

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that is one cool ol tank. especially if everything works.

8. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I don't know I'll have to check..

9. i have had four 64's i love them. nice ride i hate the moon caps though. also keep an eye on the freeze plugs.

10. Clutched

Clutched

Right on lucky. looking good.

11. Pimpin' ain't easy! The disks are cool but it needs some wires (IMO).

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

It looks bitchin bro!!! She cleaned up great!!! pretty fucking cool how clean the original interior is.... Impressive for being 46 years old !!!!:eek:

Enjoy!!!!

13. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Lucky, that 64 looks to a great daily.

Does a 64 Lincoln have seat belts from the factory? I like the idea of drivin something like daily

the moon disks look good on there.

14. jsrail

jsrail

Luicky, very cool looking ride there. I had a baby blue '64 back in '81 and it is the best highway cruiser I've ever had. You look down at the speddo and the next thing you know, it's over 90mph! It caught fire in the engine compartment in Tahoe one night and threw 2 rods out the side. Sometimes I wish I had that ol' girl back, just one classy cruiser. The moons are okay by me, though the wires would really look posh.

15. koolkustoms

koolkustoms
    from pei canada

love it i just picked up a 61 myself.i think i ahve an extra grill for that 64 with mine

16. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Yeah I have factory seat belts

17. jim galli

jim galli

I remember well my grandparents new '64. Golden Sand. Later my father in law gave me a cream '63. All gone now, but they were impressive machines. I think the '63 had the real walnut in the dash.

18. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

What up Lucky, looking good!

19. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

One of the most gangster rides ever! I'm jealous, always wanted one to go along with my 63 F100.

20. A 58000 original mile unmolested Lincoln foh doh, for free! Now I see where you got your name. You are one lucky mo fo!:D
    One of my favorite barges! Looks good! Enjoy!

21. Too bitchin! Used to ride around with a bud in his 64 in high school. Boozin and cruizin (yes, I know now how stupid!) Love the moons, but think about some 53/54 Stude caps. BTW, does a tanker truck just follow you around to keep the gas tank full?

22. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Hah.. Yeah it sure ain't cheap to drive a big ass car around. I haven't figured out gas milage yet but I'll bet it's not great.