Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 Rambler American 440 pro street

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiotes, Dec 16, 2009.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Scrambler

Hurst SC/Rambler

any of the special edition AMC stuff from the late 60's would be a good place to start looking for paint ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kiotes

kiotes

I have my eye on a REAL 69 HURST Rambler 1 of 1015 in its paint scheme. just a few blocks away. Would be better if it was the 1 of 500 paint scheme 69's built though.

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

Ive got a 65. Neat looking cars.

4. Not real HAMBish but will be a fun drag car. Randy can sorta weld ;). Have you talked to Art about the Rambler engine? He is the local go-to guy for washing machine parts. Din't know that was your car that randy was working on.

5. kiotes

kiotes

Randy does great work down there he is sure good at it.
    I have been going to go see Art for quite awhile now, just never think about it till its to late.

This kind of fits in the HAMB, its one year off the 64 limit (unless they have change things), but what i understand is if it has the same body style as a 64 and parts will interchange its allowed to slide under the rug. I could be wrong!

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Not really about a year, but straying from Traditional Hot Rods and Customs. Seems to be headed more towards the muscle car side of things. No real biggie.

7. kiotes

kiotes

Ya i guess you are right (Zman and Tman) this might fit the year requirements but thats it. Well if anything its something different, that you dont see everyday. Thats the reason im doing it, what else would you expect from a guy that drives a 52 dodge pickup

dodge1.jpg

8. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Digging your Rambler American pics. It will be interesting to see the progress. I do agree that it would be cool to see the car take a vintage swing instead of "pro street" but do what you want and dream about.

A buddy has a Rambler American as well... I am starting to really dig these little cars. Never knew much about them before he started on his.

The first pic is a quickie photo shop just to get an idea of what the two tone paint would look like. The final car will have a more conventional stance and different wheels.

It is still in progress but it has a built dual quad 401 for power.

Seems about right for such a small car!

Attached Files:

9. brandon

brandon

go over to www.yellowbullet.com there are some bad "pro street" cars on there. and some badder small tire stuff. click on forums and start looking ...definently not a laid back crowd.:D

10. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

I have a '69 American that I plan to do about the same way as this one on here.
    I have about all the stuff to do it...(tires wheels trans. engine rearend) just need to build a chassis like this.
    Raced Dirt Track cars for years so have the info and means to do all this. (chassis)
    Am in the works of building a '64 American "Gasser" right now. (Altered Wheelbase)
    Have info and pics up on another page.
    This car here look's good. I like the odd stuff.
    I've had Novas, Camaros, Chevelles, etc. and like this odd stuff.
    Have a '47 Crosley also...but may sell it to finish these Ramblers?
    Keep The Up-Dates On This Cars Here.....(can't wait to see more)