Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's official, I'm ruined

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edsel_Presley, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Well, depending on your point of view.

I've always been into cars, but never got into working on them. I really don't know why. I took a sorry excuse for a shop class in High School, and actually went to college for Diesel Mechanics, but never did anything with it. Maybe because I never had anything worth working on.

Those days are gone. I ordered some parts for my car and they arrived today. Nothing exciting, just timing set, water pump and gaskets. But today, when that truck pulled up and I got that package...I felt like a kid at Christmas. Then I opened it.

Just seeing the parts, and holding them. I wanted (and still do) to just run out and start wrenching. Unfortunately I need to track down some tools that I don't have before I can.

Sorry for ranting, but I guess I just wanted to say that I FULLY understand now.

Lord have mercy on my wallet.

2. haha, man ain't that the truth. :D

3. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

i like getting packages in the mail or off the truck, like my Uncle Frank used to say `that`s GOOD stuff !

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

go over to my brother in laws house..he lives in concord, tell him you want to use those tools in his garage he's never used...been in there 30 years and he's never touched them..pisses me off!!!

getting new parts will make your juices flow..this is not a gender specific statement!!

5. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Yeah you definitely have the sickness now. :)

May you now have a lifetime full of fun!

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

you will learn a quick lesson..it's better to receive...than to repack and ship back!!!

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

The Brown trucks are our downfall, along with the HAMB classifieds.

8. big creep

big creep

our cars are money pits, but that pit sure fills up with love from our hearts real quick! i know that feeling!

9. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Soak it all in for a couple of months and then under the supervision of a veteran Hot Rodder step on to a tool truck and inhale the aroma of awesomeness! Very few comparisons to a tool truck or a UPS truck full of hot rod parts. Those who get it, REALLY get it.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The next fun thing is getting new tools! Sears is having some pretty good sales and don't forget to snoop at the pawn shops but know what you are looking at there as prices vary a lot in those places.

Now I wonder if the brown truck brought me some goodies for my project today.

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Edsel...thats a brilliant piece of artwork for the club logo!
    I don't really approve of sticking up the finger to the world...BUT as Art and artistic communication I have to say its really effective.
    Someone has a good imagination in your club!!!
    Thats one amazing plaque...;)

12. [​IMG]Got some yesterday.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ha ..its a sickness.
    i should be compensated for it!:(

I get the same way even when i know some old worn out part i bought off a fellow HAMBer. is sitting on the porch for me to dig into and make it look like it should.

14. AND I HELPED!!!!!!!!!!!

i just ordered the triangulated rear 4 link setup for Lil Beast...bitch is i see the ups guy at work before they get to my house...and it is generally 2 different dudes..or chicks:cool:...she's hot so it makes some packages even better the the others.....:p:p:p

15. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

It is a sickness. Just wait it gets better.:rolleyes: Meet a woman that enjoys you building projects...then have freinds that enjoy the same thing. Then get neighbors that have projects and they have the sickness also.

16. LAROKE

LAROKE

There will be several of theses moments on the path to enlightenment.

The first time you fix your broken down rig at the side of the road with the tools you have at hand is . . . a religeous experience.

17. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Thank you. I actually designed it for my band, then over time I was the only one left in my band. When the idea of a CC came around, I recycled it, because I too think it's a great logo.

18. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

You did it yourself?!?! Wow!
    Thats even cooler. :cool:

19. I can relate my brother. When the brown truck comes rolling through, the sound of that beast is like Santa's bells on the rooftop.
    It also helps that the driver is a Gonner's member and knows how important those parts are.

20. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

its still cheaper to fix it by yourself! and its way more fun!
    in my opinion you are kinda strange - you are on the hamb, drive an edsel and don't own any tools??? dude you are so strange!!!!
    don't buy cheap tools!!!! get some good stuff. it will last a lifetime!

21. Just remember to tighten your "nuts" before you leave, don't ask me how I know. :):):mad::eek::D

22. 61 chevy

61 chevy

my german shepherd hates the brown truck, i guess he doesnt understand :D

23. oj

oj

Ruint. Its' ruint, not 'ruined'. A one sylible word. Ruint.

24. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I just took delivery for a hemi that i've always wanted to build. Don't have a car for it, but it's a hemi

25. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Yep, it will keep getting better, too, everytime you conquer something new!

26. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I got a car for it :D

27. RAY With

RAY With

Well now that you got your feet wet just jump your ass in the pond and get soaked. My as well cause once them feet were a little damp the rod bug bit you in the ass and now all thats left is getting hung out to dry.

28. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I totally agree with you ,Ive got grease in my veins

29. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Yeah man ..We are hooked for sure. There is no twelve step program for our addiction.....

30. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

I find you GUILTY, and sentence you to life.........................