Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P. Marc''Top Hat"Fenyo..Thanks for the brush!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, May 2, 2007.

1. yofenyo

yofenyo
    from Toccoa

The artist, Marc Fenyo, was known as: 'The Top hat,' 'The Pinstriping Wizard,' 'The Mad Hatter,' 'Swordsman,' 'The Mad Striper,' and many others. He was a true master at the art of free-hand pinstriping. For forty years, he traveled coast-to-coast pinstriping at car shows, street rod events, hot rod runs, motorcycle rallies, race tracks, tractor pulls, rodeos, renaissance festivals, swap meets, truck stops, gas stations, car washes, antique stores, county fairs, flee markets, and any where else that he might find something to paint.
    Marc Fenyo masterfully decorated cars, trucks, motorcycles, eighteen-wheelers, buses, boats, airplanes, helicopters, submarines, tractors, window fronts, golf carts, bicycles, skateboards, guitars, wagon wheels, antique coca-cola machines and gas pumps, refrigerators, lawn mowers, and anything else from penny loafers to finger nails.
    Marc Fenyo was a free-spirited, open-minded, brilliant artist and showman and was quite a character. He was full of positive energy and had big an impact on those who knew him. He loved his craft and his customers alike.
    In September 1977, he was featured in Time magazine and has been recognized by multiple newspapers. He has also been featured in street rod, hot rod, biker, motorcycle, racing, and tattoo magazines.
    He was born in Freeport, NY, on Jan. 26, 1945 and he past away of cancer at age 62 on Apr. 29, 2007.
    He was an Air Force Vietnam veteran and he was a wonderful father of eight and grandfather of fourteen.
    He will always live in the hearts and memories of us all.

His family is seeking footage, photos, and stories.
    Tell your Top hat story at: [email protected] Thank You all for the wonderful things that you have said about Marc Fenyo the TOPHAT pinstriper. Tell your TOPHAT story, [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. BobK49

BobK49

HELP!!!!

In 1988 Marc Fenyo striped my Merc at Holland MI KKOA show. I just tried to write to someone at the published email addy in this thread and the email immediately comes back. Just wondered if anyone on the HAMB has an email for any of Marc's family.

Please PM me here. Thanks,

Bob

3. ratster

ratster

i may be able to help

4. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Ant,sorry to hear of his passing.Our condolences to his family.I remember when he striped Ed's 50 in Gburg.

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Sorry to hear. R. I. P.

6. lorodz

lorodz

7. Von Franco

Von Franco

R.I.P. A true master of the trade ........................

8. Another legendary striper gone too soon. Does that mean we're next?

I met him many years ago while I was at one of the NSRA nats up north. About ten stripers were set up in a row (now that was crazy) and he slowly walked by pulling his wagon wearing that big hat. He laughed at all of us stripers and our big displays mumbling that we were dumb for paying to stripe at an event. He told me the promotors should pay us because we entertain people! I realized a few years later, he was right.
    Mikey

9. wasn't me

wasn't me
    from texas

Got to know Fenyo in the mid 70's when he was around the Omaha, Ne. area. May he rest in peace.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. Gator

Gator

11. 00 MACK

00 MACK

This post was started many moons ago.

12. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Little trivia.....

Fenyo learned to stripe in Omaha, NE at or around '74 or '75 or so. I'll have to do some digg'n if someone want's more info.

His favorite color was faded white and he slapped it on everything...

Interesting guy back then. Never met up with him since.

13. williebill

williebill

Know it's an old post,but he did my ex-wifes daily in the early 90's.did a helluva job.My daughter wrecked it years later,I was always sorry we lost the striping when it got fixed,and repainted.
    Interesting guy,I liked him..

14. BobK49

BobK49

Hi everyone. Rachel, Mark's daughter contacted me in a PM and I was able to email some pics of Mark to her. For those of us who knew him I think this is how we'll always remember him. And you can click here for my Mark Fenyo album. (Make sure you look at the couple pics on page 2!)

Thanks to any and all who helped me find Mark's family. You are all just too cool for words!

Merry Christmas
    Bob
    (This is how I'll always remember him!)

[​IMG]