Register now to get rid of these ads!

cars in the ocean.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fine29, Dec 9, 2009.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

wasn't the surviving one the one built for Cosby? He did a bit on it, but I always heard he really did order a twin supercharged cobra from Carol Shelby. He was a big sports car fan back when they were new, and he sure had the money for it.

2. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

That'll end up like the antique shop selling the actual tomahawk carried by Daniel Boone, the head has been changes twice and the handle has been changes 5 times...........but it's Daniel Boone's 'hawk:D

P.S, not a true story, just an example for fun.

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

here's the article, there must have been more then two twin supercharged cobra's , Carol Shelbys personal one just sold for 5.5 million, and The one He built for Cosby was destroyed in an accident. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16745031/

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

OK you just cleared that up for me:D I love that bit, one of the funniest he ever did

5. That comershal was shot in Ft Brag CA not the base but in Mendicino my Uncle was there
    they had a comershal of a car comming out of a water fall also that was shot in a back yard car in a hollow tree with a big tank (bladdea) on top

6. dart165

dart165

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

friends father was in WW2 was telling me about all the indian motorcycles they shoved over the side on the way home , had to walk away i couldnt take the stress of listening to that story anymore he understood

8. Road Runner

Road Runner

9. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

don't be a tool, you don't have to be a tree hugger to give a damn about the planet. believe me I burn my fair share of fossil fuels

10. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

[​IMG]

Is that a Ford?

[​IMG]
    Or how about "vintage" subway car reefs, courtesy of NYC.

11. 64sled

64sled

12. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

wasnt in the ocean, but might as well have been.

Attached Files:

13. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

It's all those rafts from Cuba that never quite made it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. lowshow

lowshow
    from CANADA

Hhahahahahaha, it made me laugh, thank you.

15. ks-sparky

ks-sparky
    from kansas

A friend of mine works for Mercedes Benz classic center coordinating their cars for events. He told me they have lost cars that were in shipping containers, they were on the ship when they left Germany and not when they got here in the us. He said that they lost a maybach that way. I think I spelled that right

16. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

if anyone is complaining about the cars being in the river, they actually dump cars, buses,railroad cars etc. they make very good habitat for fish. and when they dump them in the ocean they form the basis for man made reefs. they seem to do more good then harm. anything in the ocean will eventually dissolve, even in cold water, iron eating bacteria will eventually turn it to dust. If you want an example,look at the titanic, when they first found it it was in pretty good condition, it's now vanishing at a rapid rate and a lot of it is just gone. If something that massive will deteriorate like that, a car won't last long.

17. Dog427435

Dog427435

18. Mizlplix

Mizlplix
    from S/W USA

While diving, I see water trucks all the time......

19. 50FREAK

50FREAK

i could also use alot of that car haha damn parts for theses 50 wayfarers seem very hard to come by...