Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage fuel pump regulator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toddjg, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Toddjg

Toddjg
    from florida

Anyone know anything about mile master fuel pump regulators?

2. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

no i dont but if you want to use an old reg.make sure you check it to make sure it works.most of the time the diaframe is dryrotted and they wont work.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Got a picture? I have a chrome "mileage-minder" but it is merely an aftermarket glass sediment bowl type fuel filter from the late 50s.

4. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

5. I don't have a picture, but they were round, chrome with a green face, and had a dial to set the desired pressure, inlet and outlet were, I believe 1/8" pipe thread.

6. Rocket Scientist Chris

Rocket Scientist Chris
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a Model 500 Milage Minder from 1963. It has a glass bowl type filter like an AC or Carter filter assembly, but it's vacuum actuated. It must have been one of those gas saver gizmos that you could order from the back of magazines since the box is marked "advertised in LIFE"! :D

According to the very scientific looking performance graph included in the literature, the Milage Minder regulates the output of the car's fuel pump from 1 psi (at full manifold vacuum) to full output pressure (at zero manifold vacuum). It looks like it'll work alot like the Cagle regulator I have. :)

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think you will find ads in the back of many 1950's HRM's, Popular Science, and similar magazines.
    They ran in the "This was the greatest car ever built, so the big Detroit companies put them out of business" crowd, who drove Studes--Checkers--Corvairs etc. and bought Judson Electronic Magnetos and every patented vacuum leak device and baroque distributor rotor advertised to make their whackomobiles even more superior to big three cars.

8. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

I have one and ran it on a mild 2x2 early motor (15 years ago). It seemed to function fine. They are orange in color aren't they? Seemed to be a quality part.

9. V4

V4

Milesmaster?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

o ya very nice that what i want to see. whats the psi?

11. V4

V4

It doesn't seem to be marked anywhere, and I don't have the box.

12. silent rick

silent rick