Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Cool Pictures" Thread closed -- what a shame

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by dgang26, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For those that don't like how the mods operate, can I politely tell you to PISSOFF!! If threads stayed on topic and stayed drama free then the mods wouldn't have to close or delete them. This is a Trad Hot Rod Board after all. Noobs that don't like what the mods do to keep the HAMB on track, think to yourself, if all the threads you like get closed maybe the HAMB is not the forum for you.

I stopped looking at that thread long ago and I am glad it got closed.

All the Drama posts

OT posts

What it worth posts

S10, C10 post

They all suck!! and are worth deleting.

cheers

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok Here goes -
    I sincerely hope all of you who find it disappointning to have things deleted, that you read this post and I am going to share things that might make you understand what/ why/ when / where and you name it.......... from all of this.

Some times I get a bit wordy with this stuff but you know what I don't care - read it or not, part of this is a reflection on the enjoyment I get from this and really maybe me sharing this that maybe - just maybe, you will start to see this sight in the same way that I do and this may also be a surprize to many of you but........

I was asked to help moderate this website quite a few years ago and since I love Traditional Hot Rods and Custom cars pretty much prior to 1964 but maybe a exception Ryan, the web site owener and of course I said yes ,and it is out of fun and love for the cars that I do this. Pretty simple, but I can tell you that many-many hours of all VOLUNTEERS make this site what it is and frankly a idea / love/ vision that Ryan Cochoran had to make this a ago many many years ago is here to enjoy the Cars and the people who share the love for cars. That's it - if you enjoy Traditonal Hot Rods and Customs than this sight is here for enjoyment.

If you wish to see something else maybe this sight isn't for you.

When I started there was less than 10,000 members - today over 80,000 and I can tell you many - many- many times that behind the sceens, moderators agreed that if we let ONE - JUST ONE exception to the rules to post something other than Traditional Hot Rods and Customs subject matter than we would have to let 10,000 more who want a exception so if you think we go overboard with deleting OFF TOPIC STUFF than I can tell you if we did not, than this sight would NOT be the site it is today. I have been to other sights where it started with one theme and with out DAILY moderation turned into a hodge podge of car junk frankly so you bet if it is off topic IT WILL BE DELETED. I ask of all of you - WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ?

Another surprize to all of you and expecially to those who said that Moderators abuse the power and who ya know and all that stuff.. well guess what ?

You guys - fellow Hamb members have the power to keep things in order by sending a report of guys who are not following the rules or off topic.
    I don't go looking for it - I just open my email and get probaly 20 - 30 report emails a day and hit some moderator buttons and clean things up. So you guys "police" yourselves - really you do.

What I have noticed recentley is almost a demand of personal interests even if it does not pertain to the websites core of Traditional Hot Rods and Custom Cars.
    Can there occationally be a excpetion to any rules like a cool old race car with history from the Mid 60's ? Yes .. why ? because if the websites owner thinks it is cool than so be it.
    This IS NOT a democracy guys and gals.
    When somebody gets their stuff deleted, you ALL would be very surprized how many deleted post owners send private messages to moderators bitching about being picked on. After a while you get enough bitching from a complainer and starts ripping into a moderator with threats etc and for what ? Volunteering for what should be fun - yea - your darn right getting Banned is in order. Who needs the hassle ? The rules a CLEARLY posted in about every post section that it pertians to.

My suggestion - start a new cool pictures thread and when and if a picture that is truely off topic gets posted - send a report to the moderators who will try their best to delete and keep on topic. What sucks is when you have a few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

Pass the word that this web site is about Traditional Hot Rods and Custom Cars with a emphasis of prior to 1964 for the most part ( exceptions based on web site owners likes etc.) and IF ALL OF YOU stay to that theme than your CAR posts / pictures will not get deleted - if you you post Off topic of the theme your posts / pictures WILL GET DELETED.

I mentioned the phrase " Traditional Hot Rods and Custom Cars' Sight more than a few times for a reason.......

Keep it to that and I really do hope you enjoy the HAMB as much as I do.

Cob
    HAMB Moderator

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  3. metalshapes

metalshapes

I respectfully request we hold off on that for a while.

A new Cool Pics Tread was started the first time it was Closed.

And when it was Re-opened I Merged them.

So we went down that route, and it didn't change anything...

4. dgang26

dgang26

I agree -- very offensive language indeed
    No need for that at all

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm not Ryan (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night), but if I were, I would say if you don't like the way things are run here, start your own site and you'll quickly see why things are the way they are here.

Sometimes I don't agree with the way things are done here, but it's not my site...deal with it.

I don't always see eye-to-eye with the moderators like Cob, but I have to say after reading his reply here...the man nailed it on the head....rant over.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. 46stude

46stude

When Denise is cussin' at you, you've screwed up.... bad.

Lovely thing about the 'net: Don't like the rules or people runnin' a particular site? Click the red X at the top right of yer screen.

And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks Larry - It's really about the cars man for sure.
    Maybe someday I'll run into ya somewhere to eyeball some some cool Old Hot Rods and a cold one.... first one is on me.

Cob

8. dgang26

dgang26

My opinion remains the same --
    I think that the "Cool Pictures" thread was one of the best on the HAMB -- and I hated to see it closed down

Now, the mods obviously felt they needed to do it -- and so be it -- this is their board -- I'm just saying that I will really miss seeing all those very cool old pictures -- they ROCKED
    It was cool seeing them all in one thread -- it was like a review of hot rodding history and was really fun to check in every day to see what new "treasure" had been added.

Sorry about starting a shit storm -- it was not my intention --

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thats allright, man.

Opinions and feedback are good...

10. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

I never really looked at the thread but I could see how it could be a moderators nightmare.

We are all just visitors here,so we have to follow the rules of the house.

Just enjoy the barbecue and don't pee in the pool.

11. RichG

RichG

You know, there are lots, and I mean LOTS, of off topic threads that are let run on here everyday. The moderators show great restraint, I believe, in not simply closing each and every one of them.

A lot of us are guilty of posting off topic threads, or responding to them (I do, I admit it), and not once have I ever seen anything other than an e-mail saying "your post on blankety blank was deleted". Wow! Just exactly how is that an abuse of power? If it's off topic and I post it I'm a big boy, I knew it was off topic when I joined. How did I know? I read the rules like I was told to. Now how hard was that?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I've yet to see anyone told off by a moderator about anything. I seriously doubt anyone got banned for posting just an innocent funny picture. Moderators who abuse their "power" would be dealt with by the owner of this site in my way of thinking. As far as biased opinions, yeah, everybody's got one, you included.

When you go to the bathroom, do you read the label on the toilet paper wrapper to see how to use it? No, hopefully you don't, because you learned a long time ago how to use it. Same thing here, if you take the time to learn how to use this site (as you are instructed to when you join) then you don't need someone to repeat those instructions to you later, it should already be there. Hot rods and customs, pre '64. Pretty straightforward and simple if you ask me. I fail to see how having something deleted that doesn't conform to this is so difficult to comprehend.

Bottom line: get off the mods asses because all it's going to do is make things less fun around here. They don't deserve to get screwed with or told anything other than "thank you".

Mods: Thank you.

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I don't care what Ryan says about you...you're allright for a white boy...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Got that right.

btw the way Larry - more like Dumb ass white boy as this white boy has 2 purple eyes and a busted up nose and eye socket with a major chunk of the nose bridge gouged out for missing a hop and step over a parking lot curb and going face first into the asphalt.. ... dumb ass white boy is more like it.

Bondo for my nose bridge may be in order with the surgeon.

Cob

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  14. Chance it

Chance it

15. RichG

RichG

Charlie Wenzel. That might go down in history as the best thread in the history of the internet. Ever.

(See, I can go off topic in an off topic thread...not banned yet:p)

16. autobilly

autobilly

17. PSB

PSB

Well I ma Bummed. That thread keep me coming back more than any. Some great History on there...
    Why is it gone? Nobogy realyy has said just it was OT. because some cars where to new or what? Good pic is good pics....

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you read this thread regarding the same subject that was posted yesterday you would realize that the mods spent alot of time over the last few months moderating and deleting OT posts and photos. When a persons posts gets deleted they get an automatic PM letting them know it got deleted.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424640

If more people spent more time actually reading threads around here instead of just looking at the pictures more things would make sense. ;)

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Put on your big girl panties and get over it.
    You don't get banned around these parts for language, you get banned for being stupid.

21. PSB

PSB

thanks for the link. 22 post deleated in a 2 days... wooo.... i kinda wish i could see them too.
    is that wrong?.... ;-)

22. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

Well arnt you bad on a keyboard. And i guess because i don't agree with you and your fowl mouth i will be deleted or banned too. I'm already getting threatening emails cause i don't agree with the masses. Just another day in paradise.;) BTW someone calling another person names is childish and stupid. Be an adult.

23. cracker head

cracker head

I personally think that is an awsome statement!

24. RichG

RichG

hey Denise, you've got a "fowl" mouth!?!:eek:

Attached Files:

25. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Damn - earning my money this week......

Let's get back to cars please.

Thanks

Cob

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  26. freebird101

freebird101

yeah sorry about that, it was just that I posted 40-60 (all on topic) photos and tho see it be deleted was bumming me out, my mind was probably slower than my fingers and that anger off it being closed came out(did not mean that at all)..sorry:(

27. PSB

PSB

mods get paid?

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I agree... drama sucks... people that start it and people that fuel it... It's just... ridiculous.

Back to hot rods and customs.

29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

To clarify - no - there is no pay.

I said it because this post has taken a life of it's own and keeps going.

I volunteer my time because I choose to and enjoy the sight.

Like I said and Ryan said........ back to Hot Rod's and Customs.

Cob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.