Register now to get rid of these ads!

'27 T Rolling Frame Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RetroSteel, Dec 31, 2008.

1. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Super plus plus

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a real nice build , good photos

3. Here's some update pics on the Model T build.
    Finished bleeding the brakes. Used Gunk Silicone brake fluid. Here's a pic of the Wilwood 4 piston calipers on 11 inch vented rotors
    [​IMG]
    Mock SoCal polished aluminium brake drums cover the disc brakes
    [​IMG]
    The original visor would have used the cobra grain fabric. We used the original steel visor frame and filled it in. Drilled 5 x 5 inch holes to match the firewall & front fenders.
    [​IMG]

4. Took these pics today. Close to finishing wiring & will be making up some tailpipes & exhaust tips before it heads to the upholstery shop. Also have the rear & sideglass installed. The rear bobber style fenders are now mounted.
    [​IMG]
    Cover for the fuel tank & battery installed. This will also be upholstered.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The rear fender are mounted to the axle housing and will move up & down with the rear end.

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

damn that thing looks good !

6. ratster

ratster

7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It certainly does, great job.

8. colorado kid

colorado kid
    BANNED
    from Colorado

9. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Nice ride for sure.

10. striper

striper

Very nice. I like the fenders. I have some on order for my car. Not because I want them but I have to have them. Your car is one of the few that actually benefits from the look. Hope mine works out like that.

Pete

11. blackout

blackout

Detailing is first rate

12. Hi Striper,
    Since i still will have to take the '27 through inspection i also was forced to put on fenders. I have designed the brackets so that i can easily remove them front & rear. You do see fenderless cars here, but all you need is that one cop who does'nt think fenderless hot rods are cool and will write you a fix-it slip.
    I took some more pictures to give you an idea of what they look like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are the '32 Headlights on Park & LED '37 Ford Tail Lights & Model A Third brake light & License plate Light lit up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

VERY nice work! Got any closeups of the front fenders?

14. [​IMG]
    Made these front fenders from Harley rear blanks.

15. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

This thread puts a whole new perspective on the tall T sedan build. Now I know why I didn't used to like them--they weren't done right. This build is so correct it may become the standard of how to do things the right way.
    What a beautiful and tasteful build. Did you learn these skills through trial and error or have a mentor?

16. Believe it or not, this build started out as a Rat Rod! It just sort of morphed into what you see now. In some ways it would actually be harder to build a Rat Rod. My personal opinion is that if you build a Rat Rod and "nail" the look, you will have a Killer Car. If you don't.... you have a car that have people shaking their heads.
    I'am just a back yarder but but have been in the "hobby" for 40 years. You take what you have learned and seen in the past and add some things to your car that have'nt been done or seen before and hopefully it's a recipe for success.
    Anyways thanks for the compliment!:)

17. Wow!!!!!!!!!!

18. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Wow, that car is sweeeet!

19. T42

T42

Wow....She's a beauty! When I first started my 27 coupe, I had planned on a drastic chop job. But the more I see T's like yours and others that kept the stock roof hight but channeled the body over the frame, the more Im liking the look! Besides, it seems like most all T's are chopped. Im gonna keep mine stock hight....Hell, it can always be chopped later if I change my mind! (PS...My frame is also 107")

[​IMG]

20. The car is channelled 4 inches and chopped 3 1/2 inches. The problem you get with a severe chop on a T is the tall header above the windshield & the "extra" large visor. We mocked up the seating position with bomber seats. We made custom seat frames of 1 inch rear & 3 inch front height. I'am just under 6 feet and i can see without having to bend down to see out. My advise is to always err on the conservative side, because once it's chopped to drastic and it makes driving a pain ,the car won't be fun to drive.

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Very clean build. Anyone building a rat rod should take note. You can have a radical looking ride AND a sanitary one at the same time. This one will turn heads in a positive manner instead of the WTF stares a lot of the current builds end up getting. Congrats on taking the high road.

Frank

22. striper

striper

Ah yes. I recognise your front fenders now from another thread.

If they have to be on there you might as well make them part of the car. Too many guys do them in a half assed, apologetic way.

I like the positioning of the rears. Unfortunately we have to have the fenders biased toward the rear with the rear most lip 15 deg below a horizontal line from the axle centre line.

23. Usually cycle fenders are ill-conceived and look like crap... but you NAILED IT! They look good, I would leaved them on all the time!

24. irace2win41

irace2win41

Wow, beautiful car.....!!!

Rod

25. T42

T42

wow...I didnt even notice the chop! Nice and subtle!! I like it...

26. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

Hay mate the 27 looks grate, and I like the detail to safty.
    Trevor.

27. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

Wow how did I miss this one? I love T's!!

28. Loaded the '27 T on the trailer thursday and took it up to the upholstery shop. Will get it back in 6 or 7 weeks and i'll be sure to post more pics & video!

29. The '27 T sedan is now at the Upholstery Shop.

Check out these really cool retractable door straps, found in a junkyard SUV . The Model T originals are a thick rubber and make a big bulge when the door is closed. These are a big improvement!:D

Door Open

[​IMG]

Door Closed

[​IMG]

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Love them. Part nr? Make / model / year of donor car? Thanx, Gary