Register now to get rid of these ads!

Year nearly over- what did YOU buy/save this year??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

As for old stuff not much this year. The 51 and Packard have been sold already, and looking for someone who wants the 2 Rampsides I got this year. Also picked up a Corvair car and soooo glad that one's gone.

The 47 Ford was a running driving car till 66, when just parked cause they got a new car.

The 66 Caddy I'm keeping.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Sold my '29 Model A P.U.,and '51 ford custom so I could buy this pile of parts in September. Making progress putting it back together,hope to be driving it in the spring.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. johnnynogood

johnnynogood

Snatched this little Comet in March as a birthday present for myself.

[​IMG]

Then got a dirt cheap donor last week.

[​IMG]

Now the project has been greatly expedited and will be on the road next year!

4. G'day all,

Spouse and I made it to the Pomona swap meet in August and I brought back a turbo 475 dismantled in our luggage. I can just imagine the looks on the faces of the TSA guys when the x-rayed those cases. Also picked up a couple of SY1 intakes that we had shipped. The 475 and one SY1 are destined for 59 vette drag car.

5. RacinGator

RacinGator
    from Hiram,Ga

Got a 55 Effie from my girlfriends aunt.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      425.4 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      578 KB
      Views:
  6. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I didn't "buy" it per say, but I finally got me a classic car this year. I traded my 1997 GMC Yukon straight up for a damn near perfect 1966 Chrysler Newport. It being my only vehicle, it's a daily driver (I actually drove it from IN to NC), but I have big plans for her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 1930roadster

1930roadster

1929 roadster just picked up,nothing special, waiting on pictures from a friend... posting soon

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

First year in a long time I didn't buy a project or sell/trade anything. Instead I had a project that was long overdue..........getting both of my knees replaced. I'm fairly well healed up now and putting in a lot of time walking and doing my exercises. Plans are for this winter to reorganize and clean up the shop and get some progress done on the '38 coupe I got from Fuelpump (ex Harrison car) and do the hydraulic brake swap and possibly he 301/'39 trans put in. If that materializes I'll consider it a good winter.

Frank

9. max2919

max2919
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

Found this 54 VW Barndoor in the UK this summer.:)

10. got into my first "real" project this year with the purchase of my 59 Apache. I'm working at a much slower pace than many on here, but it's been fun and quite the learning experience:

[​IMG]

11. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

60"s FED - Been after one for a long time.
    [​IMG]

12. 31ster

31ster

My 31 roadster i got right after the new year

Attached Files:

• 059.jpg
      059.jpg
      File size:
      493.8 KB
      Views:
  13. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I bought a '37 Buick Special in August. I originally didn't have any intension in buying but it was infront of a car my neighbor's friend bought in Peoria, Il, about 150 miles from my house, that I help trailer home. I thought the car was cool but my wife doesn't exactly share my appreciation of vintage tin and I already have three old Ford trucks she couldn't care less about. Took a bunch of pictures of the cars the seller was selling and the next day up uploaded them to my computer. The wife walked in the room so I had her check out the pictures, when this one came up she asked if it was for sale. I said "Yes" and she told me I should go back and get it. I didn't want to argue with her so the next week went back down and got it.

The engine and transmission was junk. I found a HAMBer in Detroit with a low mileage '36 engine, sold a truck and bought the engine.

Tore the front end off and found rusted out crossmember. Gutted the rest of the car last week

Yesterday bought parts for a '40 Buick to use in the '37. Parts included:
    • 4 like new WWW tires and rims
    • 1 new, never on the road WWW tire and rim
    • Complete stock front suspension, including column with shifter and linkage.
    • Complete stock rear suspension
    • Rebuilt straight eight engine and transmission
    • Front crossmember that is rusted out in the '37.

BTW, I now have a '36 Buick engine for sale so if you know anyone........

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  14. Gerg

Gerg

i picked this one up from a fellow hamber

[​IMG]

15. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

1941 gmc , 1946 chevy 1or 2 ton , , 47 chevy 2 door couple , 48 chevy 2 door couple , load of of 46 chevy parts and some other 46 parts.

16. This

Attached Files:

17. Brought this home a couple weeks ago!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. tudormike

tudormike

I just scored a frame, standard hood, rear fenders for my 40 Ford tudor sedan.

19. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I got this 51 Packard in october. Pics of when I bought it and how it looks right now 4 to 2 door conversion and a chop top.

Attached Files:

20. It was a busy summer. I found the nice 31 Tudor that my dad bought, cleaned it up, finished it and drove it around and went to some shows. I bought a 41 Merc for the brakes, rear, flathead, and wheels. The same day I bought 2 28-29 bodies! I also bought a 30 and a 31 Tudor. I also bought a shed full of Model A parts. Then I came accross the Galaxie wagon. The wagon was made road worthy and was part of my wedding which also took sometime this summer. I have since sold the Model A bodies, but I'm looking for another for my project. The year isn't over yet....

Attached Files:

21. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I saved a 48 ford sedan from certain death and am now rebuilding it into an early 60's show car, and I picked up a 66 mustang that was on its way to the junkyard brought it home and after 45 minutes of tinkering it was running and driving. Now im going to sell it to help fund my sedan project.

22. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Back in September, I had to part with this '33 Auburn:

[​IMG]

My bride loved the Auburn, and I didn't tell her that I had traded it away untill the deal was done and the car was gone. I was scared to tell her, but she took it way better than I figured. She knew I needed to do it to get my ultimate dream car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 29 Duesenberg J Murphy Convertible Coupe. It was restored 50 years ago, and spent most of the last half-a-century quietly sitting in a couple different collections. I spent a month getting it ready for the road. Went thru the carb, re-set the timing, changed all the fluids, etc. My short term goal for the car is to have it ready to go anywhere - anytime. And then drive the wheels off it!
    Went for a cruise on Thanksgiving day and picked up a screw in a tire. Didn't have the special wrench for the knock-off hubs yets, so I had to trailer it home. Found a wrench in CA, it is on it's way.

[​IMG]

So I am now automotively satisfied. Won't be getting anymore cars for a long time. Time to focus on making the most of the ones I have.:)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  23. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

that duesenberg is to cool , id love one myself ,

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Traded my black '66 Ford shop truck for the '31 A model sedan. Sold my little flathead powered RPU. Bought a really nice '47 Tudor, then traded it for the '34 Ford truck. Latest addition is the T-touring (soon to be track roadster). Traded '47 Chevy truck to Kustomrace (Dave).

A few more:
    Sold '59 Rambler American
    Sold '59 Edsel Villager wagon
    Sold '69 Chevy C-10 SWB

Hopefully next year will be as much fun.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  25. I bought a Harper 3x2 intake with three 97's for my Mopar flathead 6.

Attached Files:

26. Derwood

Derwood

Saved this 52 Chevy. Been sitting in my wifes Aunt's back yard for 29 years, been trying to talk her out of it for at least 10. It's all apart now, ready to go to the stripper.

27. mratt

mratt

I sold this 40 I built. But I'm building a 1935 International.

Attached Files:

28. saints

saints

Well 2009 was the year I jumped into the cars with both feet
    this one started the craze
    [​IMG]
    then I found this in a guys yard and talked him out of it
    [​IMG]
    then ran onto this one and had to have
    [​IMG]
    all were had for $500 each and then I sold all of them for a down payment on a house with some land to build a shop and then this graced my path
    [​IMG]
    and I filled 2 collage ruled pages with addresses of houses that have 30's,40's,and 50's cars so as I get money I can knock on doors and get them home or to someone else that will put them on the road........
    Oh and who can forget my find.....My personal project
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AND IIIIMMMM HOOOKED!!!!!!!!!!
    cant wait to see what 2010 brings

29. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Saved this one, and then sold it....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]