Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****East Coast Indoor Nationals****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChopZilla, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ChopZilla

ChopZilla
    from Maryland

Here Are Some Shots From East Coast Indoor Nationals Might Of Been Snowing Outside But The Weather Was Great For Indoor Show Hope You Enjoy!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For More Photos Click Link http://www.EdgeOfSpeed.com Thanks For Viewing :)

2. Thanks for the pics, just got home from the show, nice turnout and a good turnout of people and cars. Favorites were the 37 blue straight axle chevy from Jersey, those guys from Dead Mans Curve car club and Radir wheels always have some cool cars. The local Ford Cammer powered 34 turns out to be a high school buddies car, have not seen him for 37 years, wow, small world, and he lives a few miles from me. Made my day. The 57 150 Chevy and the straight axle red 61 Corvette also topped my list. But credit to all who took their cars and braved the snow, most years there is some kind of weather to deal with. Goes on tomorrow get there if you can I thought it is worth it.:)

3. Fabulous pics!! Thanks!!
    Charlie!!

4. ChopZilla

ChopZilla
    from Maryland

Thanks Chevy Gasser Madness show was great weather wasn't and can never get enuff of cool gasser cars they are one of my favorites

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice running into you today. good selection of pics.

6. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

thanks ChopZilla
    NUTS!. Slim

7. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Going up in the morning. Thanks for the preveiw!

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Good show!
    Got to talk with Frank,owner of the Super Bell Coupe,Charlie (One Armed Bandit)pinstriper and some other cool hot rod types.All good people.

9. richie rebel

richie rebel

real nice pics, thanks

10. ChopZilla

ChopZilla
    from Maryland

Hes know as Fiberglass Frank he does awesome work here is the Super Bell and one of his other projects

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was told this car has alot of history belonged to famous customizer I do believe ...Its been awhile since I heard story and my memory tends to be fading :eek:

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Yep,I've known Frank Morawski for a while. He knows his way around resin and cloth.
    I was tempted to ask Frank to be able to sit in the Super Bell coupe,but time wouldn't allow.The cute gals at the table next to it did an admirable job of "securing" the car while we rubbed our eyes all over it.

12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Merc is called Curly's Merc. It was built by Rod Powell's shop. Tex Smith shot pictures of the build and a wrote a book called Chopping A 50 Mercury. The book is filled with pictures of every step. I can remember this car and book from when i was a kid. The dash still has the striping from Tommy the Greek. Really cool car

Frank sure has a lot of history

13. [​IMG]

This 3 window is proof positive that this whole patina thing has now officially run its course.

Thanks for the fantastic picks. Looks like lots of top notch iron was in attendance. Where exactly is this show held?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well that, and the whole spider web thing.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. ChopZilla

ChopZilla
    from Maryland

Thanks for the compliments everyone and thanks for the fill in on Franks merc hmr2k I knew it was story there from talking to him at local cruise hes cool guy and was nice to meet you too at show ...... now come on spring winter sucks :eek:

16. It's a Plastic Car.

The show is at the Cow Palace outside of Baltimore MD

17. Nostalgia Works

Nostalgia Works

Thanks chopzilla for the great pics!! It was a good turnout yesterday....even with the snow....

18. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

I dont know what I like more, the chain link spreader or that SWEET ASS spider web!!!!:cool:

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The blue roadster with the flip up cowl top is a great idea.

20. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

Fiber frank, what a guy got the first stude 53/54 glass parts hell when I gotem still were curing first quality stuff and a great guy too deal with a real no bull shit guy can walk walk and talk the talk , the stuff was on time and the best I wish he was closer too me I need some stuff made glad he,s still doin good and his parts are still running the 1/4 after 20 yrs and hunderds of passes still top notch!!!!! thanks franko, your the best!!

21. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. The whole patina thing suckz ass, nobody EVER wanted to drive around a rust covered car. If ya love the old iron save it from the the rust.
    Hot rods are chrome and candy paint.

23. I looked at this car and questioned the fake patina paint, but the good thing is this is a nice build with a nice body that can be taken to the next level of paint in the future. Good luck to the owner, you got it to the show and that says alot.

24. I'm just hatin on the guys runnin around with rust, rust that will eventually make the car dissapear.
    Must be a personnel problem but I just like deep glossey paint.

26. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for posting the pics

27. ChopZilla

ChopZilla
    from Maryland

Your Welcome 65 Impala hope you enjoyed them

Chop

28. freebird101

freebird101

that looks like a nice show

29. Sellers Equipped