Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. One of my nieces turned me on to it!

2. kindofadick

kindofadick
    from Indiana

I found the hamb at work looking for a new ride. i joined as soon as i could. I'll be here for the grip. too many awesome rides for me to leave.

3. 56butler

56butler
    from Illinois

i loooooooooooove this website but i hate technology this is the only website i visit reguarly

4. 56butler

56butler
    from Illinois

oh yeah it was also posted on a bathroom wall in a bar if your looking for a good time visit this website thats how i found it

5. YEH BEEN ON HERE FOR A LONG TIME more of a lurker these days..

found it by looking for kustom pics of Kaddys on da net.

met alot of great people on here and one has become one of my best mates (RIPPER Where are ya) but its gettin too hard, you walk away from the screen for two minutes and theres fifty posts:( too hard to trace stuff

6. ripper

ripper

I found it years ago too...long before before the original HRD days. Sorry best reference point I can come up with. Then I found Leebo was on here so I stopped coming hahaha

Actually recall the thread years and years ago, about the guys (in Cal. I think?) who had a boxing ring deal, had to drink quite a few cans of beer then get into the ring.

Or am I the only one who recalls that. The HAMB was a different animal back then, people tended to only make it if they missed the most intense nasty flamin or just got over & gave as much back.
    Good ol days....in some ways :)

Haha just saw I joined "Mar 2001" and only posted 5 times??? hahah something got reset somewheres. I was thinking maybe the counter only counts useful worthwhile posts. 5 would be a bit high hahaha

7. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

iv been here for a while a friend of mines turned me on to it checked it out and loved it has so much usefull info i can use and every one on here is cool and helpfull

8. Meltkamp

Meltkamp

Marshall of thun field rod and custom told me about it a while ago. changed user names used to be punkspikes but it was so unfitting of me

9. Found it a few years ago through a link on stovebolt.com. I have lurked on occasion but this last time I finally decided to join. Thanks for having me...I guess you guys aren't picky, huh?

10. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Just joined. I found it in a Google search while looking for info on an event in my area. Seemed like a place to gather knowledge, so I signed up. I will read more than I post.

11. necrobillygirll

necrobillygirll

i found it through my x boy friend russ1403. he has been here for a while an i saw him on it every day since he joined while we were togeather.

12. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Found it early part of this past summer. Lurked for awhile then ended up buying my current project in July from a member on here. Signed up right after I bought it.

13. plummad

plummad
    from Washington

I found the F.A.S. thread and had to be a part of it, don't remember how exactly I got there, but if you haven't checked it out yet, you better....;)

14. Re: For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Why? Were you trying to hide it?

15. mratt

mratt

Was doing search about Hot Rod issues. And the HAMB was the only one
    that had real answers.

16. 1930roadster

1930roadster

17. utcarguy

utcarguy
    from Lehi Utah

I just joined, I did a search for early Hemi's and there was a lot of good information here. There is also a lot of experience floating around and I need all the help I can get!! The want adds are great and since I joined a trip to the Jalopy Journal is almost a nightly ritual, (when I can get my wife off facebook!) so yeah, I'm in for the long haul!

18. mopar65

mopar65

found it from the garage journal.don't know if i have enough knowlege to post very much.but love reading

19. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

Heard about it at the Indy Good Guys.

20. jake85

jake85

i was looking up some info for my model a on google and kept coming across hamb posts as links
    i don't post a whole lot on here as i'm usually busy in the real world doin real things but when i need help with somethin the search feature on here usually tells me what i need to know

21. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

:confused: link from some where? hop up or roadster.com? or was it from the voices in my head? :confused:

22. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

My dad recommended this site to me, came over to check it out. I fell in love with it.More of my style cars( had some other o/t rides then) . Finally got my hamb freindly rides. Been thrashing on them to get this done.Im totally hooked I love all the info an greart build threads. Im not leaving no time soon. HAMb for a long time to come Sorry bout sloppy thread had a few in me:D
    Still trying to find me a decent sedan if anyone wants to part with one cheap

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  23. I was on Scooter Mcrads blog and he had a link to H.A.M.B So I checked it out and decided to stay.

24. at a rod run,a mate said "you got to get in to the H.A.M.B it has a life of it's own " so had a look joined and with in 12 hours i brought a 34 pick up off a fellow hamber ... this place is GROUSE ,

25. wizzard23

wizzard23

BSCOTT turned me on to this a few years back. Finally got a computer and I'm lovin' it. Pretty well screws up alot of garage time though!

26. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

I heard about the HAMB on some other forums and then found an actual thread while doing a Google search. Lurked for awhile but didn't join until I had a question.

27. 19swinger70

19swinger70

I found this place from people over at moparts.com

28. brocluno

brocluno

I'm building a little mileage 283 and I wanted some info. Google turned up some hits here, so I joined. Seems there are a lot of younger guys that want to know how we did stuff back in the day, so I have been able to comment on few subjects that are like things I have built in the past. Others here have helped me figure out a thing or two, so it's all good :)

29. Master of None

Master of None

Went to Wyo-tech yeah Im a f@#k'n Techer. the our Street rod instructor Tomas showed us this site for some mid week inspiration. Hes got a sweet 32 3 window with a y block in it last time i saw it it was still in peices. But I hear its brown now and goin strong. I was in the same graduating class as Jessy Combs? She helped chopped the desoto that I fininsed as my final prodject. Just finally joined up, for that mid week insperation.

30. aircoup

aircoup

found the hamb through jokerjason said i should check it out i did and have been hooked i spend lots of time on here and have learned alot you guy,s are stuck with me, he he he he