Register now to get rid of these ads!

Graffitti 32. 1984

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

When it all comes down to brass tacks, the Graffiti Coupe will be remembered and loved by a lot more people than anything any of us ever build, no matter how nice or cool,.... or how much better it actually is,.... face it, It don't matter how you comb your hair or how good you sing,... you still ain't Elvis, PERIOD !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

You know the actress driving the T-bird is the one and only Suzanne Somers :p

3. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Yep, she was a baaaaabe back then!!!:D

4. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

I'm with you, it's not Kool.

5. It's weird when you ride motorcycles and a non rider/stranger has to come up and tell you about someone they knew that had this terrible accident and was killed or maimed. :(
    Some people just have to spread their special and valuable kind insight on the lettus :rolleyes::D.

6. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I love the Deuce, it had a profound impact on me !

7. NeverEnuf

NeverEnuf
    from Louisiana

THe Duece is a beautiful car becasue of all of it's memories it has left on us. It was the first Hot Rod I remember in the movies. The 55 just as much. I red many articles about both cars over the years and noone ever called the Duece perfect. It has a few imperfections that were called out over the years. BUT overall it is a nice piece to be enjoyed forever.

8. Blown Monte

Blown Monte
    from Delaware

SOMETHING LIKE THAT? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  9. sr

sr
    from Monterey

This coupe is the King of all 5 windows!

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you owned the top 200 deuces of all time the AG coupe would be perfect for the 201 spot.................that is until you could afford the real no. 201.
    I've got a perfect '32 grille and shell hanging in the shop just in case I walk outside some day and find someone has dropped the AG coupe off in my driveway. After I change that there is a really decent set of fenders hanging right next to the grille that would go on next.

Frank

11. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I'm with Lowsquire on this one...... If it wasn't for the movie this car would be laughable.... But what a Movie.... Love it and thus... Love the car.

12. rikkitabaras

rikkitabaras
    from dallas tx

13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Few years ago that deuce was in here Finland,at one car show.Paul Le Mat was there too,he was selling posters and pics of that deuce with his autographs.
    Someone could think that they were riding with fame of the movie and the coupe and ripping people off with some posters.
    Nope,that was a once in the lifetime experience to see that deuce in real life for me.

14. John,you have the bichinest car in the valley.I,m not seeing what's not to like:confused:

15. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

16. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Took the words right-outta-my-mouth! :D

17. chad

chad

I agree...The car is cool for what it is but,, it is proportionally challenged...

18. should it have a factory grill shell,equal wheels on all corners and no chop:rolleyes:

19. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

It's the rear Fenders and Tire size that Kills this car. Get rid of those rear fenders and stick a set of 16x750's on the rear.

But if it made it's way to the land Down Under, I'd be one of the first to go & see it.

20. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

The grill shell height has been debated to death. Yeah, it sucks, but from what I've heard over the years, it's based on a 32 that George Lucas remembered from his youth that was chopped AND CHANNELLED. They found a car that was chopped, but they didn't have time to channel it, so just the grill shell was done, and the frame painted black to give it more of a channelled look.From pictures of Hot Rods of the 62 era, I've seen, I think they got it right, other than that damn grill shell! I was jacked to see it the 1st time I saw it and met Paul. Even though they BOTH looked better in the movie..:)

21. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

far as i can see ....nothing wrong with that car except for the grill shell......THANK GOD GEORGE BARRIS wasnt brought in for the movie modifications!!!!! then you guys would actually have something to bitch about

22. White Trash Renegade

White Trash Renegade
    from Derby, KS

I happen to like Wichita! But back to the lecture at hand, Milner's coupe has stuck with me for years even though it's not my style! LOL!

23. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I can respect it's iconic status and the fact that it has influenced and gotten so many people into the hobby.

24. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

IMGP0307.jpg how about some Australian Graffitti,this coupe built from a chopped sedan and a sport coupe rear in the mid 70s,looked pretty good ,not many 5 windows in oz then ,

25. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

THANK GOD GEORGE BARRIS wasnt brought in for the movie modifications!!!!! then you guys would actually have something to bitch about.

I gotta agree with is part.

26. was around for the shooting many memories no it was nit perferct in 62 no street hot rod was
    i was there for the painting at my friends shop
    another friend and i still have the weand tunel ram he took it off the car for the movie
    i did some cap car work
    but if you dont like it o whell i
    i daily drive not perferct tt truck that i have had for years un finshed and enjoy it more than others i finshed close to perferct

27. yblock292

yblock292

what????????????????? Kustom city usa.

28. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

my goal is to have a 32 5w before I croak I would say that car had some influence on me.