Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***Friday Art Show...Back in the Game***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clysdale, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have a Winner !..

2. Ute? That's Yooper language (upper Mich.)...like,"Ute gotta be kiddin' eh"
    I was in the "land from down under" a few times. I seen a few morphadites resembling half Ford Torino and half Chevy Chevelle driving around Perth. It was kind of freaking me out when I first seen 'em. What was I seeing? Utes or Holdens or?

3. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Phred, your stuff is off the hook. Just great! It would be cool to see your work animated. Pixar, are you listening? So much character seeping out of the cars and people.

4. SDhotrod, thanks! Appreciate it a lot! Another one i just made. Single Seater somehing something. As the previous one, not 100% done. I also hope i can make the nose, rear and dash later!

[​IMG]

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everybody posted great stuff, Phred I really love your stuff and can't wait to see these drafts finished. Gary the Red Rod is sweet. Like the scallop treatment.

6. I have to admit i love your stuff also. As far as artwork goes, it somehow has the ability to transport one into another time/place whenever looking at it. Phenomenally good work. It reminds me of watching saturday morning speedracer reruns, those boat-flaked fiberglass bumper car rides, and crazy illustrations on 60's model car boxes, but funkier and edgier.

7. lemorris

lemorris
    from Tucson, AZ

shame on me for gettin here so late.

flippin fantastic show! (i really did yell that btw :))

anyway

latest in the series

[​IMG]

8. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Wow! Awesome artwork by everyone.. Sorry mine aren't traditional hotrods, but a fire truck I did for one of my fellow fire fighters little boy..

Attached Files:

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Lets keep this Art show focused on automotive art and specifically Hot Rod and Custom art please.......

10. ocb

ocb

A little late in the mix...I know. Nothing to add this week. Real busy working BUT!!!
    1. Clysdale - Your an inspiration and hope to see more videos soon!
    2. Plummad - SWEET watercolor.
    3. Tjackson - real nice work
    4. RobinB - ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
    5. NotStockPhoto - always look forward to seeing your work - great as always.
    And to everybody else...GREAT FRIGGIN SHOW!!!!!

11. Northrup

Northrup

Great show everyone! I'm hoping to finish my project next week...

12. Really good show this weeks folks. I am going to sneak a color study of the Sled I am building that I just finished. Just under the wire....

[​IMG]

13. freebird101

freebird101

love the show so far guys, jaransont3 nice sled
    P.S I spent all today working on some holiday based art that I am going to post next Friday.. and it ain't my nickel size quick draw black/white crap... this is full size automotive goodness in
    Technicolor

14. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Slider that Datsun is killer.

15. Again, thank you all for the comments!!

16. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Phred! I dig your style man!!!!

17. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Best ungodly amount of money I've ever spent. I love mine. :)

18. Thanks, Neal! You rock!! :D I'm SO happy that we have already started getting pledges of art for our third annual Winter Wipeout Swap Meet Art Auction. The last two years were awesome, over a hundred donated pieces of HAMB-worthy art auctioned off to help out people with very sick or badly injured kids. This year is gonna top both previous ones, if early interest is any indication.

Sorry it took me so long to see this, but I've been away from the computer for the last couple of days. Thanks again, and for others who would like to check out the charity and the contributions from the last couple autions, you can go to http://www.slvfastfriends.org I'm updating it all day, so it may change off and on.

GREAT ART SHOW, EVERYONE! You always make my week! :D

19. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

1960 merc

Attached Files:

20. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

Clysdale and Robin B. = rulers !!Lid painted for Andy Camay. Arthur Fulmer helmet i darkened up with some kandy green and a variegated gold leaf "thong" :D anyway this helmet wasnt dis-assembled. All trim, hardware and padding was left intact. Just alot of careful masking going on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Speaking from experience, masking off all the snaps and stuff on a helmet is a pain.....Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.