Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stupid Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loburban, Dec 4, 2009.

1. I was just telling my kind of stepson about the certain placement of his hand and how he wood smash his finger. He let me know in his 14 yr. old smartness that my way might not be the best way, but is what works best for me.
    I walked out of the room laughing at the super smart smarty after he wacked his finger like I told him he was, sometimes it's good to be right.

2. How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

3. 56Chevy4Dr

56Chevy4Dr
    from Texas

Originally Posted by electrodude [​IMG]
    I'm just getting into this hobby at nearly 40 years old. I bought my body and parts from a 90+ year old man. I asked a lot of questions that he probably thought were extremely stupid, and I said some things that I thought were correct, only to have him show me different. Not one time did he act like I was an idiot, on the contrary, he seemed to enjoy having me around, asking questions and talking cars.

He's a cool dude. How are people going to remember you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would try to say this in my 90 year old voice, “It’s just me but, sonny….. I’d rather use Square Port headers on those Square port Heads. I’ve been known to gasket match the ports to the header flange, even though we’re talk’n about the exhaust side of the head”…... ”Sonny, I know it’s your HotRod and you can do what you want but, I could still slap the back of your head if needed too” …… “Now young’n, I’m old and set in my ways”, said Smokey Yunick.
    LOL, :)

4. I saw a homeless guy get off the bus today and I couldn't help but think...how does he know it's his stop?

5. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. - James Thurber

6. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

And if you look at the majority of his post, he likes to welcome people to the HAMB.

For someone that doesn't like stupid questions, He surely doesn't seem to have the answers either.

Looks like we have our very own greeter.

7. The best thing about dating a homeless girl is.... When the date is over.. You can drop them off anywhere.......

8. Muttley

Muttley

This thread seems to be missing something.

[​IMG]

9. humpie

humpie

as i have always said,there are no stupid questions.that's how we learn.another thing,when we are at the shop we use the term"thinking out loud"and usually come up with the solution to fix the problem.but i also think that hearing is important too.that's why the good lord gave us two ears.we are supposed to hear twiced as much as we talk.:)

10. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

Yes,,good one,,That's the same as we can't close our ears but can close our mouth.
    Loburban is an assigned greeter here? It'd be fun to meet most of you guys.

11. Stumpuller

Stumpuller

great muttley, just what i needed at 830 am

an eyefull of the hoff.

now i get to carry that with me all day.

12. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

It would seem your caller knew more than you did!!!!

Now THATS funny right there!! :D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  13. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I've got a stupid question (actually two);

How's that marketing technique workin' for ya? Sold anything yet?

14. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

It's a different world today. In the 60's I would watch and listen and learn. Talk and you got a smack or blamed for any problem. Today the kids mouths are going faster than there brains. They know it all cause they have a 4" muffler on their Honda and they look up the answer on their cell phone.

15. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Here's one. What the hell does that mean? I've never heard it other than that movie and my dumb ass can't decipher it.:confused:

16. And i was taught there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Besides i'm only smart enough to answer the dumb ones. I might add though if your asking a question do it cause you want to know the answer and not just to strike up a conversation.

17. squirrel

squirrel

if you were as stupid as Forrest, it would make sense

18. RichG

RichG

...he might do well to follow the lead of that most hated of retailers...
    [​IMG]

:p:p:p:p

19. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Heck man I just sold a car on Ebay to a dude in Poland I know all about stupid questions.

20. If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why isn't it #1?

21. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

The young people today live in a disposable world. They don't want to know how to fix anything because they don't have to............just throw it away and buy new.

Tried buying wiper blade refills lately? They make you buy the whole friggin' wiper blade. Seems wasteful to me, but it's 'covenient.' I predict that these younger generations will pay an enormous price for the covenient lifestyles they lead.

Back in the late '50's my old-man (brought up during the depression) used to tell me that this country needed to go through another depression. If he was still alive he'd be real disappointed with the fact that the present recession hasn't changed much with regard to the younger folks being any more resourceful.

22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i have no problem admitting when i dont know somthing.

How else are you supposta learn?

23. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

and you mean what by that?

24. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

I've been restoring a model A for the last couple of years. All I hear is how easy they are to work on. Many an old man has saved me from grief by telling me how to do things the right way. I listen to them even if I know the answer. Even though I am over 40 I am still a punk ass kid in the Model A hobby. I think the listening covers my ass for a bucket full of stupid questions I have undoubtibly asked.

25. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Sorry what I ment was he asked me some of the wildest questions I have ever been asked about a car. Lists of them, pages of questions .

26. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

ok..my little daughter was about to cry.....

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Huh?

28. squirrel

squirrel

maybe she's of Polish descent?

29. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Must be..??? I have nothing to say about anyones descent. Just the guys questions were wacky and he lives in Poland.